nick Miller

Mikey Forbes

James Kershaw

Chris richards

Danny Kiser

BaSsFaCe

Richmond, KY

#22 Mar 16, 2010
I can't believe the best have been left out of the poll.. who hasnt heard Lee Canteberry? Andrew Gillum? Devin Hall? Dave Knipp? Gary Kesling?
Y member

Nicholasville, KY

#23 Mar 16, 2010
Bobby Moore should have been on this list, he definately slaughters on the drums

“Pelosi down; Obama to Go!”

Since: Mar 10

Ashland

#24 Mar 17, 2010
Myself, Bobby Arthur. I have more experience and chops than any of those guys, plus I have been with Inernational touring acts such as "Yngwie Malmsteen", "Alcatrazz", and "Rainbow" as both a drum tech and percussionist under the psuedonym "Barrymore Barlow".
edward harlan

Ashland, KY

#25 Mar 17, 2010
well the best isnt listed....Jerry Lawson :)

Ashland

#26 Mar 17, 2010
love drums wrote:
u guys are crazy..it has to be jerry lawson from boyd county by far..he is playing tonight at the hard rock cafe in nashville..where are everyone else playin?? oh thats right ironton..PHahaha
Jerry Lawson was VERY good no doubt..a shame he could not make it in the Metal Scene he helped create in Ashland in the 80's. I am the only success in that genre from the Ashland era. It helped that he played with Tony Copley , Russell Purcell, and Bosey Tackett,very good musicians; though Johnny Caines blew away Copley on Guitar. We had no outlet for our music in those days at home. Thank God for Arthur Butler and AB promtions..
Raptar

United States

#27 Mar 17, 2010
I used to play proffesionally back in the day....good times
bass player

Santa Clara, CA

#28 Mar 17, 2010
drummers ive had the privlage to play with: Lee Cantaberry, Josh Kitchen, Rodney Crisp, Greg Lawrence, Eric Daniels, Frank Vance, John Howell, Gary "GW" Litteral, Doug Fraley, Mike Doolin, Bob Anders, Keith Justice R.I.P., Dewy Fry, Steve Johnson and a few others I cant remember. These guys are all good. Everyone of them can and have just jumped in on a moments notice and played songs they have never played before and did excallent jobs. So thanks to them and all the drummers in the area. Its hard to play without one :)

Ashland

#29 Mar 17, 2010
edward harlan wrote:
well the best isnt listed....Jerry Lawson :)
Name someone on this list other than myself who has been in an international touring act?

Ashland

#30 Mar 17, 2010
Raptar wrote:
I used to play proffesionally back in the day....good times
I loved it, but it consumed my life with drugs and heartache;After hitting bottom, I ended up in the Army band.
bass player

Santa Clara, CA

#31 Mar 17, 2010
bass player wrote:
drummers ive had the privlage to play with: Lee Cantaberry, Josh Kitchen, Rodney Crisp, Greg Lawrence, Eric Daniels, Frank Vance, John Howell, Gary "GW" Litteral, Doug Fraley, Mike Doolin, Bob Anders, Keith Justice R.I.P., Dewy Fry, Steve Johnson and a few others I cant remember. These guys are all good. Everyone of them can and have just jumped in on a moments notice and played songs they have never played before and did excallent jobs. So thanks to them and all the drummers in the area. Its hard to play without one :)
Oop, almost forgot Dave Saylers and Bobby Moore. Bobby had to help out a few times when hes was only about 15 years old. Ive sat in and jammed with Lawson once, he is good, love is solo on ."God of Thunder".

Ashland

#32 Mar 17, 2010
Just a fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree. Josh is a very talented drummer. I've seen the crowd stop and watch during his drum solos. Anybody that can play Wipe Out with 1 hand has my vote.
Multible bounce roll, any classically trained percussionist can do it. A simple rudiment.

“Hey you...You with the face!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#33 Mar 17, 2010
Robert2 wrote:
Myself, Bobby Arthur. I have more experience and chops than any of those guys, plus I have been with Inernational touring acts such as "Yngwie Malmsteen", "Alcatrazz", and "Rainbow" as both a drum tech and percussionist under the psuedonym "Barrymore Barlow".
lol Cockiness is so unattractive.
Drumee

Richmond, KY

#34 Mar 17, 2010
Robert2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Multible bounce roll, any classically trained percussionist can do it. A simple rudiment.
Actually, it's more than likely the Moeller technique, which is more accentuated in the rudimental and drumset worlds, rather than classical. but, hey, what do i know?

Ashland

#35 Mar 17, 2010
Tattoo Chick wrote:
<quoted text>
lol Cockiness is so unattractive.
In a performer, cockiness is a requirement. If you don't believe you are the best; how can you perform in front of people and persent your music as the best? It is unreasonable as a fact to state I am the best; but, I am the only international touring musician in this thread...

Ashland

#36 Mar 17, 2010
Drumee wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's more than likely the Moeller technique, which is more accentuated in the rudimental and drumset worlds, rather than classical. but, hey, what do i know?
All have their basis in the 13 rudiments; which IS classical philosophy.
eddie van halen

Ashland, KY

#37 Mar 17, 2010
hey Robert2, try another made up name, Barriemore Barlow was Jethro Tull's drummer...guys like you should have "assbag" on their shirt so we know what we are dealing with...hope you got some make believe girls with your make believe occupation and name...international touring artist?...assbag!

Location hidden

#39 Mar 17, 2010
Robert2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Name someone on this list other than myself who has been in an international touring act?
hey there Robert2 :)
Jerry hasn't been on a international touring act.(he could've been) but he does play on the entire Skid Row latest album, he isn't listed because they wanted their "tour" drummer's name, but it is Jerry. Michael Waggner is the producer of it. btw, did you know a local band around here now has James LoMenzo for their bass player(he played for Megadeath) really cool dude.now lets go back to politics..its much better :)

“Hey you...You with the face!”

Location hidden

#40 Mar 17, 2010
Robert2 wrote:
<quoted text>
In a performer, cockiness is a requirement. If you don't believe you are the best; how can you perform in front of people and persent your music as the best? It is unreasonable as a fact to state I am the best; but, I am the only international touring musician in this thread...
I disagree. I too am a performer, and I know that I'm good, but I have a lot of room for improvement.
eddie van halen

Ashland, KY

#41 Mar 19, 2010
hey assbag where did you go, even the chicks are beating you up now...kinda feels like when you were back in school doesn't it?

Ashland

#42 Mar 19, 2010
eddie van halen wrote:
hey Robert2, try another made up name, Barriemore Barlow was Jethro Tull's drummer...guys like you should have "assbag" on their shirt so we know what we are dealing with...hope you got some make believe girls with your make believe occupation and name...international touring artist?...assbag!
You are dad,check the credits for "Yngwie Malmsteen's rising force". Some people here in town know me, and my picture is in the liner a@@hole.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Toni Bobbitt pregnant and in jail AGAIN! (Apr '13) 35 min Suckit 35
News Column: David Edwards, another lottery loser (Aug '07) 47 min Little Joe 1,025
Downtown Venue Group 1 hr Jessie 9
Who was the Pedophile? 1 hr Pip Rademaker 21
Barefoot girl walking around town (Dec '12) 2 hr Keili 67
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr yabadabado 148,848
CoraPhotoshopedher teethlmaosmdh 4 hr crymeariver 16
Layoffs loom large at AK Steel (Oct '15) Thu brate 181
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages