good land lords and bad land lords in ashland

Posted in the Ashland Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wondering

Greenup, KY

#1 Feb 12, 2013
I think people have the right to know if theu are going to be renting from a bad lord or a good one.
Been there

Ashland, KY

#2 Feb 12, 2013
Bad landlord: Curt Justice
theunknown

Ironton, OH

#3 Feb 12, 2013
Steve at Long Street Apts. Goes by Slum.
Landlord

Ashland, KY

#4 Feb 13, 2013
Can also depend on if u r a good renter too!!!
Hey

Alexandria, VA

#5 Feb 13, 2013
Sue Adams gets her renters to steal from the neighbors.
smoker

Greenup, KY

#6 Feb 14, 2013
bad landlords " Ed sparks, Bill hillard, Bill hillard Jr, greg maddix, duffy dyer and wayne robertson ( bubby wayne)...just to name a few
Shawna

Roanoke, VA

#7 Feb 14, 2013
Cecil Riggs is by far the worst. He refused to get an exstirminator to get rude of the bugs and he charged an arm and a leg for rent
Landlord

Ashland, KY

#8 Feb 15, 2013
Move!!!
jeff

Davenport, IA

#9 Feb 15, 2013
i agree duffy dyer is a total piece of sheet, barg kittle used to be a bad slum lord not sure if he is still around anymore, that was clayton kittles grandfather i believe, i also heard jack the guy who owns jacks south ashland markey is a slumlord also
A fair landowner

Saxonburg, PA

#10 Aug 8, 2013
I think it's a joke to see some one calling themselves a landlord and then telling a renter to move good or bad they are paying there rent we owe the a safe clean bug free living space. I'm ashamed for all the tools in town calling themselves good honest people both owners and renters and yes duely you're the worst offender you make us all look bad
coltraine

Seattle, WA

#11 Aug 8, 2013
you have renters rights. A landlord MUST provide a safe, "habitable" dwelling with basic utilities IE: water, heat, AC....you know. Also, if they don't provide these, you can have a complaint filed with the City who will send the landlord a letter notifying them. If the landlord takes no action you then can take legal action against your landlord OR have the city come in and condemn the property, which then the landlord by law would have to provide you with a suitable living space until the end of your lease or the repairs are made.
renter

Catlettsburg, KY

#12 Aug 8, 2013
I rent from bill hillard and he is a good landlord. Any time i have had a problem he has fixed it
just helping

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Aug 8, 2013
Earl and claudette Stapleton are great landlords love them. Kevin Crance on the other hand sucks.
Rentedoffhim

Ashland, KY

#14 Feb 23, 2014
smoker wrote:
bad landlords " Ed sparks, Bill hillard, Bill hillard Jr, greg maddix, duffy dyer and wayne robertson ( bubby wayne)...just to name a few
sBad is Wayne Robontson. Camode almost fell through. Basement ruined all my stuff.
Tina

Clifton Forge, VA

#15 Feb 23, 2014
Paul Reynolds
landlord

Lancaster, OH

#16 Feb 23, 2014
coltraine wrote:
you have renters rights. A landlord MUST provide a safe, "habitable" dwelling with basic utilities IE: water, heat, AC....you know. Also, if they don't provide these, you can have a complaint filed with the City who will send the landlord a letter notifying them. If the landlord takes no action you then can take legal action against your landlord OR have the city come in and condemn the property, which then the landlord by law would have to provide you with a suitable living space until the end of your lease or the repairs are made.
You tenants kill me. You keep me laughing so hard!!!! Pay your rent, and don't destroy the property!! And bugs, your the ones responsible for them!! You think we destroy our own property, and infest them with bugs ourselves!! And by the way idiot, were not responsible for air conditioning! And if the property is condemned, all they do is put your butt directly in the street, we don't pay for your housing! Heres a few ideas, if you don't like the place, don't move in!!! Read your lease before signing it! Follow the rules!! PAY YOUR RENT!! Go live in a cave!!! We don't care about you, the way you don't care about our property!! Your the reason the properties in the shape its in!!we don't destroy our own property.
Looking4agooshom e

Ashland, KY

#17 Feb 23, 2014
landlord wrote:
<quoted text>
You tenants kill me. You keep me laughing so hard!!!! Pay your rent, and don't destroy the property!! And bugs, your the ones responsible for them!! You think we destroy our own property, and infest them with bugs ourselves!! And by the way idiot, were not responsible for air conditioning! And if the property is condemned, all they do is put your butt directly in the street, we don't pay for your housing! Heres a few ideas, if you don't like the place, don't move in!!! Read your lease before signing it! Follow the rules!! PAY YOUR RENT!! Go live in a cave!!! We don't care about you, the way you don't care about our property!! Your the reason the properties in the shape its in!!we don't destroy our own property.
. I just need a good house and a honest lanlord. Our basement has mold in it. Agervayes me. And it leaks bad and the concrete over door is falling and been falling. Also living room is real drafty. The bathroom has a hole in the floor since we moves in she been fix. Some girl stop by and said she is nuts.
landlord

Lancaster, OH

#18 Feb 23, 2014
Looking4agooshome wrote:
<quoted text>. I just need a good house and a honest lanlord. Our basement has mold in it. Agervayes me. And it leaks bad and the concrete over door is falling and been falling. Also living room is real drafty. The bathroom has a hole in the floor since we moves in she been fix. Some girl stop by and said she is nuts.
Do you realize the cost to have a basement waterproofed? Or new insulation? Your talking thousands and thousands of dollars. Before signing a lease or rental agreement, why not call utility co's and ask what the bills run. Do a walk through and actually look at all these things your complaining of. If its more than your willing to deal with, simply leave. I take very good care of my rental homes and apartments. My problem is tenants. Everybody is either a drunk, druggie, have government temp vouchers which stop after 3 months and i never get another cent, or they cant or wont pay their rent. FYI, for the last 10 yrs weve been in the rental business, we have NEVER made a profit on any of them. It always costs us 5 times over to fix or replace what my tenants has destroyed or stole on top of loss of rent and the cost to evict, thats not free either. I have been cussed, and attacked, for trying to collect rent and do a inspection of the property for any unseen damages. Such as roof leaks, leaking pipes and toilets, window seals and outlets. Yet, every tenant agrees to everything and signs papers to this. They move in people & animals. Turn into pure evil trash. This is a two way street, yet, every prospective tenant tells me how clean, honest, and perfect they are. In actuality, their the trash nastiest. If and when this economy ever recovers, were selling and done.
pitiful

Ashburn, VA

#19 Feb 23, 2014
There are good renters, such as my family, and there are terrible landlords also. We rented off the Herrons on spring st for 10 years. Everytime we had a problem they hired inexperienced people cheaply to try and fix the problem. I know this because im in the construction field myself and offered to fix the problems myself at a price. Of course they didn't want to pay me, so they hired billy bob from who knows where to try to fix stuff. Here is a little message to all landlords. CONTRUCTION AN ALL RELATED FIELDS ARE A SKILLED TRADE. IT TAKES YEARS TO LEARN HOW TO FIX THINGS PROPER. THEREFORE OUR LABOR ISN'T CHEAP. Please do yourselves an your tenants a favor and hire qualified tradesmen to fix your rental properties and homes. You will be better off in the long run..
landlord

Lancaster, OH

#20 Feb 23, 2014
pitiful wrote:
There are good renters, such as my family, and there are terrible landlords also. We rented off the Herrons on spring st for 10 years. Everytime we had a problem they hired inexperienced people cheaply to try and fix the problem. I know this because im in the construction field myself and offered to fix the problems myself at a price. Of course they didn't want to pay me, so they hired billy bob from who knows where to try to fix stuff. Here is a little message to all landlords. CONTRUCTION AN ALL RELATED FIELDS ARE A SKILLED TRADE. IT TAKES YEARS TO LEARN HOW TO FIX THINGS PROPER. THEREFORE OUR LABOR ISN'T CHEAP. Please do yourselves an your tenants a favor and hire qualified tradesmen to fix your rental properties and homes. You will be better off in the long run..
I do only have qualified people do my repairs. The problem is, the tenants wont let anybody in to fix anything. Think they can do it them self when their lease clearly says their NOT TO FIX ANYTHING, which usually makes the problem bigger. I completely agree with you. Tenants do whatever they want with the attitude that the property is theirs. For some reason, while their cussing me out, its always their property as long as their paying rent, which they don't want to do either. When we 1st started in the rental business, we thought it was gonna be easy. We wanted our places to be nice an clean. We wouldn't rent them if we wouldn't live in them ourselves. Had this crazy idea that everybody would be so glad to have a nice affordable home to raise a family in and be happy and healthy. Really thought we would be treated with the same respect we showed them. BOY O BOY WAS WE EVER WRONG!!! ITS BEEN NOTHING BUT HE11, and 1 BIG NIGHTMARE! I put a house up for rent this past month. Ive had over 100 applicants. NONE of which pass our qualifications. Their either known drunks, druggies, or both. Want to make some crazy deal for rent, which aint happening. Or their known as thieves. Have no income. They look like trash that just jumped out of the toilet! Or they have 10 people to put in a 2 bedroom house, and say, " oh, we can make it work"!!!!! Not to mention they say they don't smoke with cigarettes in their shirt pocket or smell like a walking cigarette. Claim they have no animals, yet their covered in cat or dog hair. We just let them set empty! Family and friends are the worst!! They feel everything should be free!!! Were doing extreme background checks, and taking our time. If they haven't had the same job for more than a few years, we ain't interested!! This home is beautiful, and its staying that way!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Ashland Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Dr.Crankenstein (Oct '12) 44 min dklone1000 18
Mike Moore 1 hr Hello 95
this shit in missouri is totally retarded 1 hr patriot 18
Boyd Co Ford or Fannins? (Nov '11) 1 hr Really... 65
looking for short haired ladies 2 hr Clipperman 1
Heather Kidd, what do you think?... (Jul '10) 2 hr Looking 97
Time warner 4 hr Outages 1
fairview 8 hr Sure 859
Ashland Dating
Find my Match

Ashland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Ashland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ashland

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:49 pm PST

NBC Sports12:49PM
Bengals kicker Nugent perfect since overtime miss - NBC Sports
ESPN12:58 PM
Bengals' Smith (torn triceps) goes on IR
NBC Sports 1:34 PM
Steelers defense getting healthy as stretch looms - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 7:31 PM
Why Steelers Must Lean on Bell to Make Playoffs
Bleacher Report 8:54 PM
What Experts Are Saying About Bucs vs. Bengals?