Employment For Convicted Felons...?

Posted in the Ashland Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Something Better

United States

#1 Jun 6, 2011
Does anyone know of any jobs that are available to convicted felons, or places that will at least give them an opportunity? I am having a very hard time finding a job.
Timber

United States

#2 Jun 6, 2011
Smithfield, Grayson Ky...
been there

United States

#3 Jun 10, 2011
I understand your your situation. What type of employment, wages etc. are you looking for? I will receive an email when you respond.
yeah

United States

#4 Jun 11, 2011
A lot of restaurants let them work in their kitchens.
wooo

Ashland, KY

#5 Jun 11, 2011
Dont beleive the hype...i make 30 thous plus a year...work in construction...industrial..uni on, etc...im a non union guy but there is work..i have twic card too and im a convict...
terminator

Grayson, KY

#6 Jun 11, 2011
wooo wrote:
Dont beleive the hype...i make 30 thous plus a year...work in construction...industrial..uni on, etc...im a non union guy but there is work..i have twic card too and im a convict...
Obviously you have moved on and made your life better CONGRATULATIONS That is what it takes..a new way of thinking and doing what one should do to better him self!
Same Here

Hodgenville, KY

#7 Jun 11, 2011
wooo wrote:
Within 2 years of my conviction I got a job making 70k+ so it is possible. You just need an education and a positive outlook. No one owes you anything. It can be done, just like this guy!
wooo

Ashland, KY

#8 Jun 11, 2011
I would suggest welding school. Trades are your best route. Start asking around about jobs in marathon etc. Go talk to actc about welding school. I mean being a banker isnt in our cards. But here are aces there if ya look.
curiouss

United States

#9 Jun 11, 2011
Same Here wrote:
<quoted text>
Within 2 years of my conviction I got a job making 70k+ so it is possible. You just need an education and a positive outlook. No one owes you anything. It can be done, just like this guy!
What kind of work are you doing? I have a felony...and a masters degree and work for 12 dollars an hour
wooo

Ashland, KY

#10 Jun 11, 2011
I bet he is union. Could be wrong. Hell I ahve no college and make 16. 2 Felonies. Its possible.
JustMe

Ashland, KY

#11 Jun 11, 2011
Try some of the places that work in the coke plants... Veolia, North American, Hydrochem, Air Products, K&D... most of them pay pretty well (except Hydrochem, so I hear)
Same Here

Hodgenville, KY

#12 Jun 11, 2011
curiouss wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of work are you doing? I have a felony...and a masters degree and work for 12 dollars an hour
I am a boilermaker and a licensed electrician. I do boiler work mostly but do electrical between jobs.
Hmmm

Knox City, TX

#13 Jun 12, 2011
Ur a boilermaker and only make $12 an hr? I went through the apprenticeship in '95 and they started out at over $15 then. Now it's closer to $30. And that's at 70-75%. If you can weld and pass a drug screen, thats what I would do. The work will be booming with the new EPA regs. Check out local 40 in E-town or 105 in Piketon. And if u can help it, don't but a travelers book. GET IN THE APPRECTICESHIP !! good luck.
Same Here

Hodgenville, KY

#14 Jun 13, 2011
Hmmm wrote:
Ur a boilermaker and only make $12 an hr? I went through the apprenticeship in '95 and they started out at over $15 then. Now it's closer to $30. And that's at 70-75%. If you can weld and pass a drug screen, thats what I would do. The work will be booming with the new EPA regs. Check out local 40 in E-town or 105 in Piketon. And if u can help it, don't but a travelers book. GET IN THE APPRECTICESHIP !! good luck.
I never said I only made $12 an hour. That was the other guy. I make $70k+. I went through the Apprenticeship and work out of 667.
Yep

London, KY

#15 Aug 3, 2014
Looking for a job with a felony
Scott

Greendale, WI

#16 Feb 5, 2016
Does Veolia water hire convicted felons?
yup

United States

#17 Feb 5, 2016
Outback does... Look at their servers
jackie

Bladensburg, MD

#18 Feb 6, 2016
The paramount hires convicted felons.
big salt

Crosby, TX

#19 Sep 18, 2017
Scott wrote:
Does Veolia water hire convicted felons?
I think they do
The Void

Edison, NJ

#20 Sep 18, 2017
I would recommend taking classes in Engineering, Computer Networking, or Software Design. One of the other posters commented on Welding, which is in high demand. Technology is future poof so it's best to keep ahead of the curve. I hope you stay out of trouble.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min tat tvam asi 172,963
Trump calls Florida cop a coward. 20 min hmm 3
tRump Rated 36 min Lmao 29
Armed deputy who wouldn't go in school p.l. 49 min Mike 5
Border Wall being built currently!!!! 58 min Lmaorn 5
Time Warp 1 hr collector 1
Unions are nervous 1 hr Bane 9

Ashland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages