Boyd County and Ashland Football

Boyd County and Ashland Football

Posted in the Ashland Forum

eksports

Greenup, KY

#1 Jan 8, 2013
Luke Salmons from Cabell Midland is taking over the Tomcats and Tony Love will be the new head man for the Lions.
Dt guy

United States

#2 Jan 9, 2013
Where is this info coming from?
lol

Ashland, KY

#3 Jan 9, 2013
His ass. Gotta be posted 30 days before they hire anybody. Neither has been close to that.
Dt guy

United States

#4 Jan 10, 2013
Doesn't mean jobs haven't been accepted behind closed doors. I had heard tony love did apply for the job at Boyd county.
Brad

Washington, DC

#5 Jan 10, 2013
Luke Salmons would be crazy to leave the spot he's in now...although he did seriously consider the BC job last year...
Tight

New York, NY

#6 Jan 10, 2013
Luke sammons did not consider the BC job. He talked to the committee about expectations and such for a coach. Guidance for the committee, not an interview.
Dt guy

United States

#7 Jan 10, 2013
Brad wrote:
Luke Salmons would be crazy to leave the spot he's in now...although he did seriously consider the BC job last year...
why would he be crazy. Ashland is a better football town in Huntington. The whole community supports 1 team not multiple ones. Kentucky is a better football state than WV with more talent usually. And if he can get Ashland over the hurdle that is highlands colleges might come looking. So I think it would be a good career move for coach salmons
Brad

Washington, DC

#8 Jan 10, 2013
He also has something already in place....a state championship program....
Fan

Huntington, WV

#10 Jan 10, 2013
Dt guy wrote:
<quoted text> why would he be crazy. Ashland is a better football town in Huntington. The whole community supports 1 team not multiple ones. Kentucky is a better football state than WV with more talent usually. And if he can get Ashland over the hurdle that is highlands colleges might come looking. So I think it would be a good career move for coach salmons
In case you havent noticed, Cabell Midland is not in Huntington and I seriously doubt he would get more community support anywhere than what he is getting in eastern Cabell County. Going to either Ashland or Boyd County would be a huge step backwards for Coach Salmons.
Lowlanders

Greenup, KY

#11 Jan 10, 2013
Boyd would be a step back, but Ashland wold be a step forward.
Fan

Huntington, WV

#12 Jan 10, 2013
Lowlanders wrote:
Boyd would be a step back, but Ashland wold be a step forward.
Explain how Ashland would be a step forward from being the coach at the largest school in the state with nearly unlimited resources and a much better chance of winning multiple state titles? Not to mention that the enrollment at Midland is more than double the enrollment at Ashland giving him many more potential players to pick from.
Observer

Ironton, OH

#13 Jan 10, 2013
who the F cares, its High School football, get a life!
Fan

Huntington, WV

#14 Jan 10, 2013
Observer wrote:
who the F cares, its High School football, get a life!
Like your exciting life of trolling threads on Topix?
observer 2

Ashland, KY

#15 Jan 10, 2013
Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Like your exciting life of trolling threads on Topix?
as observer said it is just high school football, grow up and as for you saying observer is trolling threads on topix, one question both observer and i have a right to know, if you call observers post trolling, then what the hell are you on here for, trolling threads, duhhhhhhhh
Fan

Huntington, WV

#16 Jan 10, 2013
observer 2 wrote:
<quoted text>as observer said it is just high school football, grow up and as for you saying observer is trolling threads on topix, one question both observer and i have a right to know, if you call observers post trolling, then what the hell are you on here for, trolling threads, duhhhhhhhh
I am having a discussion, not making useless comments in a thread that have nothing to do with what is being discussed other than just trying to be a d-bag. If you dont like high school football and dont want to discuss it then why bother to read a thread about it? Any other questions you feel you have a "right to know?"
WOW

Grayson, KY

#17 Jan 10, 2013
Ashland nor Boyd Co will pay enough to get Salmons !!!!!
toad

Ashland, KY

#18 Jan 10, 2013
As long as it is not Evans, either will be ok.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
pill heads 4 min wowwediditagain 1
Fuji 12 min cherry blossom 9
drinking 17 min The original Jo Jo 4
Mayor's debate 19 min Frustrated 7
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Athenesword 148,095
does anyone in ashland have a hot mailman like ... 1 hr Just curious 7
Woman named Mickey 2 hr Alan 3
Could two employees cheat inside KDMC? 4 hr Patient on April 28 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages