Fairview Saved
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Currentstudent

Flatwoods, KY

#1 Aug 26, 2014
Don't worry WW despite the fact isiah king was arrested for armed robbery in the summer both him and curtail brown will be back by January to lead the sports program to further wins!
OMG

Ironton, OH

#2 Aug 26, 2014
No one cares!
Westwood raised

Vienna, WV

#3 Aug 26, 2014
I think there's rules in the khsaa about the kids that play sports and if they get into serious trouble they can't play.so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
for real

Ashland, KY

#4 Aug 27, 2014
no they wont. Fairview does not want them. musick and hale told them no
Sad

United States

#5 Aug 27, 2014
The whole thing is so sad. Sad for the victims, sad for the boys who had no discipline or boundaries even from the folks at Fairview, sad for the other students and teachers that had to put up with their no sense, sad for the tax payers that knew their enrollment and recruiting was a sham, sad for the other schools that worked hard and did things way only to be defeated by Fairview who was clearly cheating, sad for all the Fairview students that have to carry the burden of the rumors and innuendo of being a cheater with them, sad the true WW kids got playing time taken away by thugs and sad coaches and administrators allowed it to happen. Mr. Musick it is time you step down . This community doesn't deserve the sad state of affairs you have led us into.
bacon

Huntington, WV

#6 Aug 27, 2014
Are they in jail?
we need new blood

Newburgh, IN

#7 Aug 27, 2014
Sad wrote:
The whole thing is so sad. Sad for the victims, sad for the boys who had no discipline or boundaries even from the folks at Fairview, sad for the other students and teachers that had to put up with their no sense, sad for the tax payers that knew their enrollment and recruiting was a sham, sad for the other schools that worked hard and did things way only to be defeated by Fairview who was clearly cheating, sad for all the Fairview students that have to carry the burden of the rumors and innuendo of being a cheater with them, sad the true WW kids got playing time taken away by thugs and sad coaches and administrators allowed it to happen. Mr. Musick it is time you step down . This community doesn't deserve the sad state of affairs you have led us into.
Well said
Troll

Fairfax, VA

#8 Aug 28, 2014
Sour grapes followed by crickets chirping
Law

United States

#9 Aug 28, 2014
Troll wrote:
Sour grapes followed by crickets chirping
Sour grapes? How about Fairview just confessing their transgressions and making sure the money stole from the Commonwealth (illegally reporting football players lived in state when they did not) and the money not accounted for from the sale of surplus tax provided property be returned to the district coffers so it can go to meet the students educational needs. Call me sour grapes all you want. Sounds to me like law enforcement needs to be called.
Legaleagle

United States

#10 Aug 28, 2014
Law wrote:
<quoted text>
Sour grapes? How about Fairview just confessing their transgressions and making sure the money stole from the Commonwealth (illegally reporting football players lived in state when they did not) and the money not accounted for from the sale of surplus tax provided property be returned to the district coffers so it can go to meet the students educational needs. Call me sour grapes all you want. Sounds to me like law enforcement needs to be called.
The money illegally obtained from the Commonwealth would have to be returned to the Commonwealth.
Troll

Fairfax, VA

#11 Aug 28, 2014
You people from the slums of Ashland are a feisty bunch.

Over the past few years it's a never ending saga of (insert complaint).

You people are the problem. Look in the mirror and see you got what you wanted. I hope they keep your school open, so the likes of you people do not lower the surrounding schools. Keep the trash in Westwood.

Sour grapes and more chirping.
Huh

London, KY

#12 Aug 28, 2014
Troll wrote:
You people from the slums of Ashland are a feisty bunch.
Over the past few years it's a never ending saga of (insert complaint).
You people are the problem. Look in the mirror and see you got what you wanted. I hope they keep your school open, so the likes of you people do not lower the surrounding schools. Keep the trash in Westwood.
Sour grapes and more chirping.
Well considering 40% of the kids that go to Fairview are out of district, I would think a lot of these complaints are coming from Ashland and Boyd County parents and kids too. I also have a sneaky suspicion a lot of these posts come from people who are in no way affiliated with the school system just to stir things up. In other words, people like you. I agree the place needs to be turned around in a big way, but the state will decide how that is done. In the mean time worry about you're little patch of ground and quit being so concerned about ours.
Correct

United States

#13 Aug 28, 2014
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
Well considering 40% of the kids that go to Fairview are out of district, I would think a lot of these complaints are coming from Ashland and Boyd County parents and kids too. I also have a sneaky suspicion a lot of these posts come from people who are in no way affiliated with the school system just to stir things up. In other words, people like you. I agree the place needs to be turned around in a big way, but the state will decide how that is done. In the mean time worry about you're little patch of ground and quit being so concerned about ours.
45%, you stand corrected sir.
Patch

United States

#14 Aug 28, 2014
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
My little patch of ground, a house, two cars and a boat are in WW. My kids have graduated but the tax bills still comes to my house. They won't let you speak at board meetings although the board continues to send those pesky bills. Anyway, the truth will be told and issues will be brought to light one way or another.. But......if the board would just do things right the chirping would stop. Until then I and many others will keep speaking up even if the board tries to shut us up.
Huh

London, KY

#15 Aug 28, 2014
Patch wrote:
<quoted text>
My little patch of ground, a house, two cars and a boat are in WW. My kids have graduated but the tax bills still comes to my house. They won't let you speak at board meetings although the board continues to send those pesky bills. Anyway, the truth will be told and issues will be brought to light one way or another.. But......if the board would just do things right the chirping would stop. Until then I and many others will keep speaking up even if the board tries to shut us up.
So is mine, and I was not replying to YOUR post sir. If you live here and want to bitch, that's your right. The body of my reply was to people who are not affiliated with the school system.
Huh

London, KY

#16 Aug 28, 2014
Correct wrote:
<quoted text>
45%, you stand corrected sir.
I guess I do.
Tax Payer

Lexington, KY

#17 Aug 28, 2014
The issue of tax bills because your kids have graduated is a simple answer. My sister and I graduated from Blazer in 1970 & 1972. But my parents still paid a school tax. I live in Ashland, have no kids in the Ashland School System, but I pay a school tax. You, as well as I pay to provide for better schools and for upgrades for these schools. In just about every city or school district in Kentucky has some form of a school tax. I sure don't have a problem with that These taxes should give you the peace of mind that you are trying to do your part in improving your school. You may not have a child in school, but it does give you a voice to the board.
woodytaxpecker

Fairfax, VA

#18 Aug 29, 2014
Tax Payer wrote:
The issue of tax bills because your kids have graduated is a simple answer. My sister and I graduated from Blazer in 1970 & 1972. But my parents still paid a school tax. I live in Ashland, have no kids in the Ashland School System, but I pay a school tax. You, as well as I pay to provide for better schools and for upgrades for these schools. In just about every city or school district in Kentucky has some form of a school tax. I sure don't have a problem with that These taxes should give you the peace of mind that you are trying to do your part in improving your school. You may not have a child in school, but it does give you a voice to the board.
The Westwood tax payers do their part. The problems are: 1. 55% of the students live in the Fairview District. This means the Westwood Tax payers have to foot the bill for the 55% of their own and 45%(roughly 400 students) that do not live in district and frankly whose parents have no intention of moving into the Fairview District, investing in WW homes or properties, or ever on any way plan on paying Fairview school property taxes. But oh my do these same people get mad when the issue is brought up. 2. Fairview is under OEA investigation right now for unaccounted for and missing funds. Also for issues surrounding the re recruitment of out of state football players who fraudently used fake Kentucky addresses so the Fairview schools could Collect ADA (average daily attendance) money. BACKGROUND: out of state students HAVE to pay in state tuition to attend Fairview school or any in state school. False addresses cannot be accepted. Also, KHSAA by laws require official moves from transfers to become eligible, not just the use of fake addresses. They are also under investigation for issues surrounding the hire of the new principal. 3. Despite the fact a 3% utility tax was just put in local property taxes just went up again this past year. So in the end what really gets people mad is the fact that the people at the top are committing illegal acts and mismanaging funds while the kids don't have enough books and supplies and the test scores are the worst in the area.
truth seeker

Huntington, WV

#20 Aug 29, 2014
Can we just not get along.
Huh

London, KY

#21 Aug 30, 2014
truth seeker wrote:
Can we just not get along.
Guess you've never been to Westwood. Of course they can't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 15 min another viewer 148,147
Crystal Reeves selling herself on Facebook and ... 21 min sad 3
Candy Stephens / Harley Brown 23 min Mark Adams 1
addiction recovery care scam 39 min pusherman 4
Start back up 51 min truth 1
Mayor's debate 1 hr watchyourass 34
Bellefonte Country Club (Jan '15) 1 hr watchyourass 87
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages