Alaska and Cali has cheaper gas than ...

Alaska and Cali has cheaper gas than this area.

Posted in the Ashland Forum

Since: Aug 12

Baird, TX

#1 Jan 30, 2013
Why doesnt our state enforce the J.W. Clark Monopoly he has on gas in the area. There is an app Gas Buddy everyone needs to get and just look at prices in other places to see just how bad they are screwing us within 90-100 mile radius of here. Alaska has prices around 3.49-3.59 California has dropped from 5.99 this summer now the prices are 3.55 and Denver is 2.59-2.79 so why didnt it drop in this areanlike it was suppose to in the winter for the supply and demand. I could understand if this was New York or Cali but its far from it. Theres no jobs or should I say nothing hardly over minimum wageand theres mostly part time jobs here. They said a few years ago they were looking into it but you didnt see anything done. They paid more people off I guess. They make billions of profit every quarter but yet its not regulated by government or state. Maybe we need to syart fresh next election or boycot some stations. I never buy gas in Catlettsburg or Ashland when theres a walmart in South Point and for me its about the same drive and its worth the trip when its been 40-50 cents cheaper over there. If they can sell it in Cali and Alaska and Denver for that price then theres no reason we cant either. No wonder peoples going nuts anymore all we do is get screwed by the state and all the politics. They have their hand in it toi. If you notice WSAZ the news papers wont bring it up because they get money from it too. Back in the 90s J.W.Clark was calling Grayson store managers wanting to keep the prices higher. Personaly as long as nobody gets hurt I laugh when I hear of a drive off or being held up. Then they call then police say they were robbed LMAO they rob us around here every day.......

Broken Arrow, OK

#2 Feb 3, 2013
Nobody has the balls to comment or stand up on this in ourbarea I guess thats why they get away with it.
author
#3 Feb 3, 2013
seriously? alaska's gas prices are way higher! like 4 and 5 $ for a gallon of fuel! it's so expensive because the shipping involved.
Ripoff

Olive Hill, KY

#4 Feb 5, 2013
Gas is ripoff.... don't understand either why the prices can vary so differently state to state

Catlettsburg, KY

#5 Feb 15, 2013
Your full of it. Gas is rhe same as here and just two weeks ago it was a few cents cheaper and yes it usually is thst high but it went down there just like Cali but it never went down here because the monopoly John W. CLARK HAS AROUMD THIS AREA. Get a smart phone and get the free Gas Buddy App and you can type any city and check up to date within 24 hrs what gas prices are. They are ripping all of us and our state and government wont do anything. The only thing is if everyone would stand up and call either our congress or state reps and see if they will do what they said they would. They saI'd a few years ago they were looking into the gas monopoly in this area but nothing was said one way or other.

Catlettsburg, KY

#6 Mar 16, 2013
Still 3.80 in Anchorage, AL 3.46 in Virginia and never went up at all these last two price hikes we have had in our area. 3.90 in Los Angeles 3.36 in Denver and Denver was around 2.55 a gallon around Christmas time and never dropped around here for the winter like it did every where else because its suppose due to lower Supply and demand but one thing its called John Clark around here.......
Mikey

South Point, OH

#7 Mar 16, 2013
My truck runs on CNG and I have a free supply. This area is sitting on a gold mine of natural gas. The hippies will tell you fracking is dangerous, that's why the hippies want gas to hit 5 dollars and higher a gallon, in their messed up little mind, if they make gas so high, private industry will fund and make breakthroughs in "green energy". The government has failed miserably in this area. If you want outrageous gas prices keep voting for the woodstock hippy democrats, they think they are smarter then the rest of us, I call that delusional.
60plus

Ashland, KY

#8 Mar 16, 2013
Time to boycott. Cut back on consumption.
Tubz

Ashland, KY

#9 Mar 17, 2013
You clowns do know that Speedway has 1460 locations across the USA and Pilot/Flying J owns 550 locations? They set the price on fuel while everyone else follows them on pricing in those areas. Clark is small potatoes with 50 stores in 3 states and can't get into a gas war with them or he'll be ran out of business. Maybe look at republicans a little harder next election if you want cheaper fuel.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/gas-when-bush...
nuff

Ashland, KY

#10 Mar 17, 2013
I'm sick of everything being outrageous in price. This president hates us and our country to have let this all happen then try to blame everybody but his own dumb a$$.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min ChromiuMan 167,793
sunshine spring 30 min Sumguy 2
Dawson/City Pool 34 min Elmer 2
Another Trump Failure 35 min I hate Trump 8
Fannin Toyota/Polaris 49 min Herby 54
Is Giovannis the most expensive restaurant in A... 1 hr Jew 12
CR Thomas Restaurant is coming back 6 hr Hahaha 6

Ashland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages