How much does Cintas pay a SSR?

Posted in the Ashland Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Wondering

Kent, OH

#1 Oct 4, 2010
Does anyone know what the starting pay for a SSR with Cintas is? This is the person who drives the box truck to businesses and gathers up dirty uniforms and mats and replaces them with fresh.
Joshua

Winfield, WV

#2 Oct 4, 2010
That job pays mostly by commission. And it doesn't pay as much as it used to...

As the low person on the totem pole, you would be given a route of largely undesirable clients, and expected to sell new ones. If you do, you can make a decent living. If not, you will soon leave on your own accord (or camry).
Kumoo75

Tacoma, WA

#3 May 15, 2011
Cintas is cheap pay, SSR or Wash Alley Operator, and on floor production are under pay cut. All the hard work of these group will go to CEO, GM, PM as well.
Hal

United States

#4 May 16, 2011
Actually, cintas pays quite well, you do not have to sell and you don't start with a route with less desirable customers. That info is bogus. Pay scale starts at 30000 and can go as high as 70000 with an average of 50000, some do work salary and commission, some work hourly. You do not have to sell new accounts. also you work a four day work week. not bad money.....and you have a three day weekend.
DRE

United States

#5 Aug 23, 2011
Hal wrote:
Actually, cintas pays quite well, you do not have to sell and you don't start with a route with less desirable customers. That info is bogus. Pay scale starts at 30000 and can go as high as 70000 with an average of 50000, some do work salary and commission, some work hourly. You do not have to sell new accounts. also you work a four day work week. not bad money.....and you have a three day weekend.
Thanks for this info, I am scheduled to take the assesment tomorrow and interview with a manager and I'm really looking forward to this opportunity
scarlett

Northampton, PA

#6 Apr 13, 2012
cintas is the biggest scam ive ever seen..herr is the FACTS!: Theyll sell you on this $16.85 payrate ok..after your 10 wk training peroid if there is a open rte youll be moved to base pay of $375 plus commision 4% of a 8500 rte wkly if your good w/ math its easy to see the guy who stsrted today and has no rte no stress no bs to endure will be making more thsn you! mngrs are arrogant idiots and jokes especially in w. phila plant (D.L) word of advice keep looking!!
Joe

Louisville, KY

#7 May 10, 2012
I wish They paid 375 here in Louisville!!!!! Our base pay is 280 and 4% I can't wait to quit!!!!!
Carl

Geneva, OH

#8 May 25, 2012
Joe wrote:
I wish They paid 375 here in Louisville!!!!! Our base pay is 280 and 4% I can't wait to quit!!!!!
I'm guessing the base pay is $280 a week and is before taxes? 4% is the commission? I had just been called for a phone screened interview but always research jobs that contact me so quickly because it seemed odd to me. I just applied online yesterday and got called today. I'm in Ohio, is it even worth going for? What's the 280 turn into after taxes or is that after taxes?
Lillian

Tobyhanna, PA

#9 Jan 31, 2013
I just went on a ride along & I leerned alot. I believe Cintas is a wonderful place to work.
Lillian

Tobyhanna, PA

#10 Jan 31, 2013
Kumoo75 wrote:
Cintas is cheap pay, SSR or Wash Alley Operator, and on floor production are under pay cut. All the hard work of these group will go to CEO, GM, PM as well.
sounds like you had a bad experience? please advise
Jason_b

Washington, PA

#11 Feb 11, 2013
scarlett wrote:
cintas is the biggest scam ive ever seen..herr is the FACTS!: Theyll sell you on this $16.85 payrate ok..after your 10 wk training peroid if there is a open rte youll be moved to base pay of $375 plus commision 4% of a 8500 rte wkly if your good w/ math its easy to see the guy who stsrted today and has no rte no stress no bs to endure will be making more thsn you! mngrs are arrogant idiots and jokes especially in w. phila plant (D.L) word of advice keep looking!!
I just wanted to say: you must not have been doing very well,because I've been a SSR for 7 yrs and have no complaints about Cintas! They pay very well,and the routes aren't bad. If your not scared to work,you do just fine there!
Jeff S

Wichita, KS

#12 Feb 21, 2013
Ive been working at Cintas for 13 years now and to reflect on the negative comments, there is ups and downs, good times and bad times with every job. I really love what we do and the people I work with here in Wichita. Im sure as with all national companies, there's probably some less desirable locations but as with most jobs, "you make it what you will!!" You come in with an open mind and a good work ethic and you will suceed here at "Fortune 500's Best Companies to Work For in N. America Award winner!!"
bruce

Kansas City, MO

#13 May 30, 2013
what about hours? it is 4 days but how many hours are to be expected. i formerly did fedex ground and found it hard to never know my schedule though some times of the year i would work until 3 or 4(when the route was done) and then during heavier times i wouldn't get back to the hub until 9 or so
X ssr

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Jun 2, 2013
Lillian wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds like you had a bad experience? please advise
No he didn't have a bad experience. Cintas was a cool place to work until they do a route change or shove up selling down ur throat. 4 day week is awesome to bad you work 50-55 hrs in 4 days. I did like my first route tho if I husseled I got done in 34 hrs. Then switched n was doing 50 hrs n less pay. Managers come n go like undies. Cuz if ya aint up selling in a down economy then they let ya go.
X ssr

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Jun 2, 2013
X ssr wrote:
<quoted text>
No he didn't have a bad experience. Cintas was a cool place to work until they do a route change or shove up selling down ur throat. 4 day week is awesome to bad you work 50-55 hrs in 4 days. I did like my first route tho if I husseled I got done in 34 hrs. Then switched n was doing 50 hrs n less pay. Managers come n go like undies. Cuz if ya aint up selling in a down economy then they let ya go.
but on the other hand Cintas is huge and a great NAME to work for n put on the résumé Do it tuff work n may top out at 40-50 but hey it is what u make it.
njnk

Searcy, AR

#16 Jun 16, 2013
do they pay hourly or commission?
Beverage body

Palm Coast, FL

#17 Aug 8, 2013
Great co. To work for I have been there for four years if you hassle you can make good money 4 day was are awesome. The people that don't make it are there for just a pay check. You get to run your route like your own business with some rules but for the most part you control your own future.
Lee-Lee

Atlanta, GA

#18 Aug 17, 2013
I just got scheduled for a ride along next week, what should I expect after, more interviews? And commission is what you sell that week? Anyone know base pay for decatur, ga?
cintas

Chicago, IL

#19 Sep 27, 2013
How about i had two weeks of training at cintas and only did four days along with me and two others we started out with six people but Durning these days of trying some People was let go for what ever reasons by the time Friday came our first week of training we were down to just three people and we were let go as well the shity trainer said nobody was catching on whats wrong with this picture people give your comment
Donna

Ironton, OH

#20 Sep 27, 2013
I didn't know they had a building on the Parkway. It is the biggest building I've ever seen. They say it is a Grayson address but it really isn't in Grayson.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bellefonte Country Club 3 min lol 55
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min ChromiuMan 133,342
Chris Childers 18 min ihatwmylide 5
Autism (Jan '11) 1 hr outraged 28
aaa fire and water restoration (Dec '10) 2 hr NOT recommended 23
ashland school bit ch es 2 hr ASHLAND SCHOOL BI... 1
oakview bit ch es tish ross kim clayton 2 hr OAKVIEW BIT CH ES 1
teachers fired at BCHS? 10 hr ou student 11
Ashland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Ashland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance