First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 10

Ironton, OH

#1 Jun 24, 2010
Anyone know what the hell happened to My Dad's Pizza near flatwoods? The spent a shitton of money remodeling it, then suddenly just stopped showing up for work. I loved this pizza, best in the tri state. I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything, if they will be reopening, or if they are gone for good.
Willy

Ashland, KY

#2 Jun 24, 2010
one of the owners was in a bad car wreck

Ironton, OH

#3 Jun 24, 2010
Well, that sucks. Hope everything turns out OK.
Sad

Ashland, KY

#4 Jun 24, 2010
Hobie is in jail and they ran out of money. Same thing with Goodfellas.
I heard

Lebanon, KY

#5 Jun 24, 2010
That Hobie gave it to his son Chad and he couldn't run the business because he was too busy cheating on his wife (step sister) with some employees.
Haha

Brea, CA

#6 Jun 24, 2010
I assure you Hoby did not run out of money !! The owner was not In a bad car wreck ?!? Where do you people get your info
mmm

Richmond, KY

#7 Jun 24, 2010
i miss that pizza.. would get that extra large 18" pizza deal. that was some good pizza!!
just me

Ashland, KY

#8 Jun 24, 2010
heard there going reopen when hobby gets out prison.
Huh

Ashland, KY

#9 Jun 25, 2010
I heard it was because the son that was running it had gotten a DUI... And with Hoby already in jail it left nobody to run the place.
lolsmileyface

Ashland, KY

#10 Jun 25, 2010
none of this is right? I am good friends with his stepdaughters and I know more about the situation than most. Chad did get at DUI but the pizza place shut down before that happend. The pizza place shut down because of employees that took advantage of chad being a young , nice , manager. They took advantage, and he didnt know how to say "no" because he was too worried about his employess liking him. I think he learned his lesson though and i think if he was given another chance that he could really do something with that place. Hoby is going to re-open the pizza place when he gets out and can monitor it himself. I hope he does put chad back in there. He knew what he was doing. He made the pizza taste 10 times better.

Ironton, OH

#11 Jun 25, 2010
lolsmileyface wrote:
none of this is right? I am good friends with his stepdaughters and I know more about the situation than most. Chad did get at DUI but the pizza place shut down before that happend. The pizza place shut down because of employees that took advantage of chad being a young , nice , manager. They took advantage, and he didnt know how to say "no" because he was too worried about his employess liking him. I think he learned his lesson though and i think if he was given another chance that he could really do something with that place. Hoby is going to re-open the pizza place when he gets out and can monitor it himself. I hope he does put chad back in there. He knew what he was doing. He made the pizza taste 10 times better.
Good to hear, i'm so sick of giovanni's I could puke. Thanks for the info.
What

Louisville, KY

#12 Jun 25, 2010
What is Hobie's last name? Is his wife's name Sidney?
Huh

Ashland, KY

#13 Jun 25, 2010
I had heard that they went under because of Andy Moore's involvement. Andy was the original one to blame as he was running it while Hoby was imprisoned. Andy however tried turning it into his own bbq restaurant and was spending way too much of food such as steaks and seafood. Obviously this was not a great idea for a pizza place and the food costs were too high vs. intake costs. It was then they cut Andy out of the picture and tried salvaging what was left. If anyone to blame it's Andy Moore and not Hoby or his son. His son was given a sinken ship to work with and not enough time to turn it around. Granted under his sons leadership the store wasn't up to par - but you are only as good as your employees you surround yourself with. If I was Hoby I would have made manager the gentleman who was working there that used to be the manager at Little Ceasers. He seemed to have more experience than Hoby or his son when it comes to pizza management. He should have been in charge and Hoby could have been his assistant manager while learning how to run a business. I know many of times I'd order pizza there and the orders would be backed up way beyond the pick-up times given and half the time they were wrong when they did come out of the oven.

I hope they do re-open and I hope Hoby's son gets another chance as he really didn't have much time to turn things around. This would make a great learning lesson for him.

I don't know any of the folks discussed in this conversation personally. I'm simply an outsider. So I can't really given any "exclusive" first hand news or accounts of what really happened aside from what was told that happened.
Yes

Ashland, KY

#14 Jun 25, 2010
Why is the owner in jail?

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#15 Jun 25, 2010
I hope they do open it back up
loveee their pizza
boyd co man

Richmond, KY

#16 Jun 26, 2010
willy who is the woman that was in a bad wreck i heard that too...... or did she own some other pizza place in flatwoods
nutter butter

United States

#17 Jun 27, 2010
Look hobie is up on charges of tax evasion that's why there is no goodfellows they were all seized as for my dads if convicted 3 to 5 more years so it may be a while before it comes back
Haha

Ashland, KY

#18 Jun 27, 2010
Hey dumbsh@t , Hoby will be home THURSDAY :)
Haha

Ashland, KY

#19 Jun 27, 2010
And goodfellas wasent seized , he shut them down because he didn't want other people running them while he was gone
Maybe

Ashland, KY

#20 Jun 27, 2010
What happened to Andy Moore running it?
Why did they spend all that money turning it into a pizza/bbq joint if he was just going to kick Andy to a curb?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kristina Ogburn (Dec '12) 6 min Lol 21
Marathon employees 1 hr Hi scabs 519
krystal Damron 1 hr McZacchary 6
Stephanie Lancaster 1 hr Curious 4
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr HistoricallySpeaking 134,337
What's hapened to Rose Hill Baptist Church and ... (Jul '10) 3 hr were not perfect 102
Heroin treatment needed to save lives 3 hr junkie 32

Winter Storm Watch for Boyd County was issued at March 03 at 9:54AM EST

Ashland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Ashland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:30 am PST

Bleacher Report 3:30AM