Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 151814 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#124800 Feb 21, 2014
JusticeDefiled13501 wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew that I wouldn't get any answers. They are all big on preaching but a little short on answers. This is one of the reasons I am against teaching religion in schools. They don't want to teach they want to preach.
Absolutely

Teaching is all about educating people and encouraging them to ask questions.

They like to brainwash people because they can't handle it when their beliefs are questioned by people who point out the flaws and contradictions that are all over the Bible.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#124801 Feb 21, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>My God and your God has given you a choice, has given you the free will to accept hell or reject hell, it is your call! No, God doesn't want to see anyone go to hell!
If your god really did not want anyone going to hell, then he should not send anyone there just because they did not believe claims that had zero evidence. To do as you claim is unjust.
Should you go to hell for not believing in leprechauns? See how silly your claim sounds?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124802 Feb 21, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not a quote from the bible, none of them were, they were all "secular".
Maybe you need to look up the word, secular. If you claim specific of god, you failed to be secular.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124803 Feb 21, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks that way. I enjoyed your debate with Pusherman and thanks again for the tip about the Bill Nye debate, awesome. Keep up the good work.
Heard a girl in the coffee shop telling a right wing Christian about the debate today.
He acknowledged platypuses must have survived the flood.....but claimed the story must be mostly true because multiple cultures have flood stories.
I so wanted to jump in that conversation.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124804 Feb 21, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you copy and past for widkedstoopedia? You have the "must be able to twist and distort FACTS disability" often seen within it.
Simplified and duhmed down-
Obviously-NO religion required either, for people to act like herd pack animals.
Then it is irrelevant to the conversation.
Why keep diverting? You statement was deceptive.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124805 Feb 21, 2014
Apostle Amber wrote:
Those who oppose God look so silly, they try to state an opinion and to themselves their opinion matters.
Gods people only see that they are beating the air and fighting an unknown foe in the darkness of their despair.
Gods people see the light of Jesus and know the Spirit of truth - and the truth will set you free.
We Christians weigh our thoughts, words and deeds with spiritual discernment.
Christians readily accept correction through understanding the scriptures, gleaning instruction in the truth of the word of The Lord!
Those who have not come to the full knowledge of Christ are lost - wayward people but Christ would that all come to know of him and live in grace and peace.
Why do you demean atheists in such nasty ways?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#124806 Feb 21, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, or else you'll wear your little boney, pointy hypocrite finger out, following us around and brainlessly clicking allllll those judgementalcase icons!!
Pot calling kettle.
Maybe try leading by example. I guess you feel the need to act like the god of the bible, do as I say, not as I do.
You both are poor leaders.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#124807 Feb 21, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, that's not where I cited it from.
Try again when you get your head now on backwards, turned back around to righted...so at least you can remember what it as you typed.
(and BTW about that "honesty" thing--reiterated, when you learn some ethics and merit, that SHOULD go with such.)
What difference does it make whether it came from one site or another when you FAILED to provide a source (unlike wikipedia), you FAILED to include all definitions (like curious) and it says the exact same thing as the link I provided?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124808 Feb 21, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd just get in trouble fer it ...for being TOO mindful and ETHICAL, and sticking to the FACTS, rather than resorting to twisted distortions of duhmazzed opinion.
If you would stick to statements you can back up you wouldn't have to whimper and cringe at getting into trouble =yet again= and vainly try to divert blame for it =yet again=..

Since: Oct 13

Versailles, KY

#124809 Feb 21, 2014
You will know Gods wrath and suffer his decree come the hour of temptation.

Think of repenting You sins then will you but won't you have wished all your errors would have not followed you too ???

Rest knowing the Holy Spirit will be with you and lean on Jesus and Gods will for you in his plan

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#124810 Feb 21, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely
Teaching is all about educating people and encouraging them to ask questions.
They like to brainwash people because they can't handle it when their beliefs are questioned by people who point out the flaws and contradictions that are all over the Bible.
I have a unique perspective in this discussion. For although I do believe in a universal “God”, I am anti religion. I do not believe that we are here by pure happenstance. I do believe that organized religions are very dangerous. To accept any believe on blind faith is opening yourself to fraud and confusion. Although there is no scientific proof that God exists, there are many unanswered questions that leave room for Him. There is also no scientific proof that diminishes the chance that he does exist. Before you condemn me for believing in mysterious invisible beings, I suggest you read a book called “The Quantum Enigma”. This was written by quantum physicists to describe a scientific enigma that cannot be described in purely scientific terms. I know it will not change your beliefs but it does leave the door open for acceptance of mine.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#124811 Feb 21, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right it never happens.
While Christians have killed Christians in their millions in arguments over who believes in their god the most.
Hey ,el stupido LOL
I made it plain that Atheists were not killing each other ,but, they are going dor each others jugular.
As you know, given that you live not far from london, the Atheists have organized a church and want to spread their faith worldwide.
Well the church in NYC and the London church are duking it out over their faith in trying to detremine who believes in God the least. Each believes thast their unbelief is stonger than the others.
Makes me split a gut laughing , they organize a church based on Christian tradition , because atheism is not able to provide them with commaraderie etal..........
So Atheists want what Christians have.
This church is supposed to offer them an opportunity to worship that which they don't believe in.
I wish Johnny Carson were still alive so he and Don Rickels could do a skit on this nonsense.
They'd probably get nominated for an Oscar.
LOL LOL LOL I gotta go ,i just wet my pants.......... YIKESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#124812 Feb 21, 2014
Apostle Amber wrote:
Those who oppose God look so silly, they try to state an opinion and to themselves their opinion matters.
Gods people only see that they are beating the air and fighting an unknown foe in the darkness of their despair.
Gods people see the light of Jesus and know the Spirit of truth - and the truth will set you free.
We Christians weigh our thoughts, words and deeds with spiritual discernment.
Christians readily accept correction through understanding the scriptures, gleaning instruction in the truth of the word of The Lord!
Those who have not come to the full knowledge of Christ are lost - wayward people but Christ would that all come to know of him and live in grace and peace.
With all due respect, if you believe that the truth will set you free, why do you criticize those who seek the truth? It seems that it is not the truth you are looking for but what someone else says is the truth. Open your mind and question your faith. Every religion on earth believes they have the "truth". Ask questions of your preachers. I know that there are parts of your religion you either don't agree with or don't believe. If part of your faith is questionable why not all of it?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#124813 Feb 21, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Heard a girl in the coffee shop telling a right wing Christian about the debate today.
He acknowledged platypuses must have survived the flood.....but claimed the story must be mostly true because multiple cultures have flood stories.
I so wanted to jump in that conversation.
Meanwhile, Tom Delay says that God wrote the US Constitution. Jumping into a conservative Christian conversation is as productive as jumping into a vat of cotton candy.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#124814 Feb 21, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to share just what this extraordinary evidence is?
Well I would , but why are you asking me to provide evidence that you and Atheists are not mentally mature enough to grasp?
Atheists think that Christian Faith is based on what one's parents believe , in what country one is born and is founded on superstition.
That is what I have heard on this website and from some of the leaders of your faith ,Sam Harris, Dawkins , Hitchens and Krauss.
As one whose Christian Faith is not based on any of those misguided opinions , I have to laugh at their ignorance of the subject.
I have posted the basis for my faith and none of you are able to grasp it's basis.
Since you are unable to understand the basis for my faith , to provide you with evidence would be fruitless .. I tried that already and the atheists on this thread demonstrated their ignorance time and again . Their responses attest to that ignorance.
A small part of the evidence I provided was misinterpreted and misconstrued , whether by accident or due to ignorance .
Then one day ,I am reading the Bible and their inability to understand was made clear and I was able to understand the meaning o
f""Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before swine, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."
So ,I will abide by those instructions and permit Atheists to remain blanketed in their ignorance

Cambridge, UK

#124815 Feb 21, 2014
Apostle Amber wrote:
You will know Gods wrath and suffer his decree come the hour of temptation.
Think of repenting You sins then will you but won't you have wished all your errors would have not followed you too ???
Rest knowing the Holy Spirit will be with you and lean on Jesus and Gods will for you in his plan
Uh-oh

She's shaking her scary chicken on a stick again.
worried

Aurora, OH

#124816 Feb 21, 2014
If this happens then what will the kids who have parents who commit sin think about their parents who steal or lie or cheat on the other parent. This is why i think this will never happen because people would have to answer to kids about the sins they commit in their daily lives. What would the world be like if we all really did what we say and meant it honestly, just think of all the happy kida in the world we would have.

Cambridge, UK

#124817 Feb 21, 2014
JusticeDefiled13501 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a unique perspective in this discussion. For although I do believe in a universal “God”, I am anti religion. I do not believe that we are here by pure happenstance. I do believe that organized religions are very dangerous. To accept any believe on blind faith is opening yourself to fraud and confusion. Although there is no scientific proof that God exists, there are many unanswered questions that leave room for Him. There is also no scientific proof that diminishes the chance that he does exist. Before you condemn me for believing in mysterious invisible beings, I suggest you read a book called “The Quantum Enigma”. This was written by quantum physicists to describe a scientific enigma that cannot be described in purely scientific terms. I know it will not change your beliefs but it does leave the door open for acceptance of mine.
You're fine with me - I wouldn't condemn you in the slightest.

I've always said I could be wrong and maybe there is some other plane to our existence. If there is such a dimension then accessing it won't come down to believing nonsense like Shiva is the destroyer force, or Mohammed flew to heaven and back on a winged horse, or Jesus was born from a virgin, etc.

Your god is far more likely to me than the warped and twisted monster defined by the Christians.

Cambridge, UK

#124818 Feb 21, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey ,el stupido LOL
I made it plain that Atheists were not killing each other ,but, they are going dor each others jugular.
While christians carry on killing each other.

Why stop now?

They've been doing it for centuries
stuck in the middle

United States

#124819 Feb 21, 2014
why do you" use "your middle name?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
poor ole pip 13 min Info 6
Remember the Clintons STOLE from the White House?? 48 min The Truth 3
Worthington City Hall 1 hr John 3
White Anerican Men Have No Reason to feel infer... 3 hr southside 5
Josh Daniels is on heroin!! 3 hr Bad father 1
Right way Restoration 3 hr Marsha 3
cheat sheet 4 hr teacher 3
Vote NO for alcohol sales in Boyd!!!!!! 12 hr Rethink 135

Ashland Jobs

More from around the web