Laptop Repair Inquiry Help!!!

Posted in the Ashland Forum

Le Inquirist

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Dec 18, 2012
Does anyone know of a good laptop repair tech.(Or what ever they are called. lol) How much does it run? I'm debating on weather to get my old one repaired or not. It still turns on but the usb ports aren't opening up files (though they still work bc the usb's will flash) It's also not playing Dvd's (though the dvd drive opens) and it won't connect online but it says there is a wifi signal. It's been system restored and everything. The problem is that it got the blue screen of death a few years ago. I haven't even used it since bc I did have a new one. Is it fixable? Can I fix it? If not how much would it cost to fix? What the heck is wrong with this bad boy? Thank you.
Citizen

Ashland, KY

#2 Dec 18, 2012
I own Fuziontek Computer Consulting & Repair in Flatwoods and would be happy to give you a quote on the repair, but if the computer is a few years old it would probably be more economical to simply purchase a new one.

I'd love the business but I refuse to rip someone off when there's a better solution. If you'd like a quote to base your decision on, you're welcome to send an e-mail to admin @ fuziontek.net (be sure to remove the spaces around the @ sign - trying to keep from getting any more spam!)

Thanks!
Easy

United States

#3 Dec 18, 2012
Le Inquirist wrote:
Does anyone know of a good laptop repair tech.(Or what ever they are called. lol) How much does it run? I'm debating on weather to get my old one repaired or not. It still turns on but the usb ports aren't opening up files (though they still work bc the usb's will flash) It's also not playing Dvd's (though the dvd drive opens) and it won't connect online but it says there is a wifi signal. It's been system restored and everything. The problem is that it got the blue screen of death a few years ago. I haven't even used it since bc I did have a new one. Is it fixable? Can I fix it? If not how much would it cost to fix? What the heck is wrong with this bad boy? Thank you.
It sounds like you have a Trojan. Take out the HD and scan it with another computer, if that doesn't work, run a memory test on your ram, and reinstall your OS, not just a system restore, but a complete reinstall from discs.
Or, take it to a guy who will tell you it's fried and take it from you, sell you another one, then sell yours to his next customer for the same price.
billy bob

Ashland, KY

#4 Dec 19, 2012
system restore
redneckonize

Ashland, KY

#5 Dec 19, 2012
billy bob wrote:
system restore
Hey Mr. Gates,
Did you even bother to read his post. He said he already tried system restore. And no, tobacco juice wont work either.
Answers

Ashland, KY

#6 Dec 19, 2012
I've fixed a dozen machines infected with smitfraud that had the same symptoms.
Scan the HD from another machine or reinstall the OS from disk.
Le Inquirist

Cincinnati, OH

#7 Dec 20, 2012
I guess I forgot to mention this.
I know the cause of the problem, just not the solution!
The computer was infected with a virus called the Blue Screen of Death.
Now...that being said, has anyone fixed a computer after dealing with this?

Thanks for your advice ladies and gents.
pawpaw

Ironton, OH

#8 Dec 24, 2012
I work on them and it sounds like u lost your drivers for a few things , i can reformat it with a new version of windows and install drivers, give me a response and ill give u a cheap price for my time.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min How Stupid can yo... 134,273
fairview (Aug '14) 7 min Bout time 861
Kimberly Bocook Lykins (Apr '11) 17 min CK 16
marshall tyson pathways 59 min 411knows 5
Review: Mcmeans Pharmacy 1 hr Sicko 33
Pathways 1 hr twofer 2
Marathon employees 1 hr Red 482
Ashland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Ashland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:29 am PST

NFL 6:29AM
Steelers reportedly to allow Worilds to hit market
Bleacher Report 8:08 AM
How Bengals Can Create Ultimate Defense in 2015
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers' Ultimate Free-Agency To-Do List
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
What Are the Steelers' Options at Slot Receiver?
CBS Sports 5:55 AM
Devon Still tweets that daughter Leah is home after latest treatment