Mike's Taxidermy on Bear Creek

Posted in the Ashland Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Beware

United States

#1 Dec 15, 2011
If anyone out there has a trophy they gave to Mike Smallridge, owner of Mike's Taxidermy shop on Bear Creek, in the past 5 or 6 years and they're hoping to get this mount back from him finished........ Forget it. After several months of lies from him saying that my trophy buck was completed, several appointments to pick up the buck with him were cancelled by him for numerous reasons. I finally found out enough intel about him and family members to track this to his dad's house at 5514 Whites Creek road. His dad has maybe 100 whitetail racks, some tagged, some not thrown into a couple of large cardboard boxes in an old storage shed, along with 3 rancid smelling freezers full of animal capes, again some tagged and some not, dating back to 2006. Anything from fish, whitetail, elk, coyote and numerous other unidentifiable ones are poorly kept in these freezers. There are also numerous sets of antlers in an old barn loft next to the road, where the rats are knawing on what's left of those. I found my trophy rack in all this mess, luckily. But who knows where the cape is. He was paid 150.00 deposit at the time the cape was delivered to him. I suppose the other 100 or so folks did too. 15,000 dollars is a pretty good profit for pretty much doing nothing with any of them. I suggest you go knock on the door at 5514 Whites creek road and get your horns or whatever you gave him ASAP. It's obvious to me that he has no intention of ever completing any of these. Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did recovering the cape. I would have never dreamed such carelessness and disregard would be the outcome after handing over the trophy to him.
the one

Richmond, VA

#2 Dec 16, 2011
Beware wrote:
If anyone out there has a trophy they gave to Mike Smallridge, owner of Mike's Taxidermy shop on Bear Creek, in the past 5 or 6 years and they're hoping to get this mount back from him finished........ Forget it. After several months of lies from him saying that my trophy buck was completed, several appointments to pick up the buck with him were cancelled by him for numerous reasons. I finally found out enough intel about him and family members to track this to his dad's house at 5514 Whites Creek road. His dad has maybe 100 whitetail racks, some tagged, some not thrown into a couple of large cardboard boxes in an old storage shed, along with 3 rancid smelling freezers full of animal capes, again some tagged and some not, dating back to 2006. Anything from fish, whitetail, elk, coyote and numerous other unidentifiable ones are poorly kept in these freezers. There are also numerous sets of antlers in an old barn loft next to the road, where the rats are knawing on what's left of those. I found my trophy rack in all this mess, luckily. But who knows where the cape is. He was paid 150.00 deposit at the time the cape was delivered to him. I suppose the other 100 or so folks did too. 15,000 dollars is a pretty good profit for pretty much doing nothing with any of them. I suggest you go knock on the door at 5514 Whites creek road and get your horns or whatever you gave him ASAP. It's obvious to me that he has no intention of ever completing any of these. Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did recovering the cape. I would have never dreamed such carelessness and disregard would be the outcome after handing over the trophy to him.
Call the game warden and report him along with the police!!! He did this to a buddy of mine also!
pissed

Fairfield, VA

#3 Dec 16, 2011
Yea I'm sure you probably saw my buck there to. I took it to him about 4 years ago and paid down payment when I dropped it off and he called back about 3 weeks later and said it was almost done and asked if I cared to bring the remainder of the money so he could finish it I took it to him and have got the runaround every since. He is a low life piece of shit crook.
Pissed as well

Roscoe, PA

#4 Dec 17, 2011
He tried to do the same thing to me....I finally got my deer....completed. It's terrible and going to have to be re-mounted but I did get my antlers back. He is a piss poor SOB and needs his brains knocked out!
Wildman

Ashland, KY

#5 Dec 17, 2011
Lets Mount him.
to all

Russell, KY

#6 Dec 17, 2011
Mike is ill and couldn't finish this work now even if he wanted to.
john doe

Ashland, KY

#7 Dec 17, 2011
to all wrote:
ill or not he took people's money for a service and he wasn't to I'll to take their money and if he is ill he wasn't that far back I say we all meet at his door and ask for our money or animals
bubba

Grayson, KY

#8 Dec 17, 2011
to all wrote:
Yeah....I'll bet he's ill. He probably is ill from all the drugs or booze he bought with the depsoits from the poor suckers who trusted him.
shar

Coal Center, PA

#9 Dec 17, 2011
bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah....I'll bet he's ill. He probably is ill from all the drugs or booze he bought with the depsoits from the poor suckers who trusted him.
you should know its not an illness anyone brings on themselves.I won't say more because he has a right not to be discussed.but if I were you I would thank God its not your situation.
Consumer

United States

#10 Dec 17, 2011
I sure hope you dont one day end up In his condition ppl be civil go and talk to the man. This is not the way to handle a problem it's just a way to slander. And no I'm not family. Don't go posting rude and hateful thoughts. It's the truth if u have a problem take it to that person. No ones perfect.
too late

Russell, KY

#11 Dec 17, 2011
Why did you people wait this long? Sounds like theres more to this
out of towner

United States

#12 Dec 17, 2011
I had a buddy of mine take a deer there about three years ago really nice buck he has never got it back or anything. I will never take one there ever!
fyi

Ashland, KY

#13 Dec 17, 2011
Take ur next ones to Leon hylton in lousia off 23 he's really good and will let u do payment plans he can take a few months to a year depending on season but does an awesome job!
rodger

Ashland, KY

#14 Dec 17, 2011
took mine to poplins last year had it done in les than 3 months great job met him threw smiths processing
Randall

Ashland, KY

#15 Dec 18, 2011
Take it to Chester Barker. He gets offwork at C & H HVAC at 3:30 Mon- Fri. He is good!
Obama

United States

#16 Dec 18, 2011
Looks like Mike found a bunch of SUCKERS. Goes to show you most American people are dumb asses.
pissed

Fairfield, VA

#17 Dec 18, 2011
I have went to him several times but all I got was bs about how he would have it the next day but guess what I haven't seen that day yet. He wasn't sick when I took mine to him several years ago, he was still working and open to steal other peoples money and racks. Maybe there is such a thing as karma, and he is getting his. I don't feel a bit sorry for the sorry bastard.
public defender

Ashland, KY

#18 Dec 18, 2011
This man should be in jail. I knew a guy that tried mounting my deer with molded plastic antlers. I found out and got my real antlers back and the mount.
shar

Coal Center, PA

#19 Dec 19, 2011
are y6ou ppl kiding me? really over animals? I am not a family memeber so do not get that started, but really slandering a sick man on topix?go to him and see if you can work this out like real men.where is your compasion?never know when you could get some news that would change your lives. ps. ppl who speak of karma ,are to scared to call on Jesus Christ.
public defender

Ashland, KY

#20 Dec 19, 2011
shar wrote:
are y6ou ppl kiding me? really over animals? I am not a family memeber so do not get that started, but really slandering a sick man on topix?go to him and see if you can work this out like real men.where is your compasion?never know when you could get some news that would change your lives. ps. ppl who speak of karma ,are to scared to call on Jesus Christ.
Are you really that ignorant? These people tell stories of him giving them the run-around for years. You obviously have not killed a trophy deer or have the passion for deer hunting or you would not ask why all this over a deer. Where did anyone slander his name? I think he has been the one to ruin his name, don't put that on his victims.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dustin caldwell (May '14) 2 min In the know 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 14 min USA 166,290
restaurant managers are horrible 44 min BigDaddy 5
Who was the nude man running through mall parki... 45 min Angel 17
ashland is turning into detroit. 56 min CVV 7
Who's the best looking girl on WSAZ? (Oct '15) 57 min Eatit 23
Question about Confederate Statues 1 hr blackrider 25

Ashland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance