Dr Greg Spears at Olbh

Posted in the Ashland Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Swat cop

Ashland, KY

#1 Mar 15, 2010
saw him working at Olbh, thought he worked at kings daughters?
Good grief

Butler, PA

#2 Mar 16, 2010
He has been at olbh for a long time, runs the er
Never

Ashland, KY

#3 Mar 16, 2010
He was let go at KDMC.
Y member

Grayson, KY

#4 Mar 16, 2010
He is a grade A 100% a$$ clown. My son fell and landed on his back against a wooden bed frame and was complaining he couldnt feel his legs. Dr.(I can diagnose treat and get you out the door in 5 minutes) Spears told me to get him up and walk. If he had spinal damage that could have paralyzed him.

He also when my exwife and i were together saw her when she had complications from a pregnancy. He walked in, said "your having a miscarraige, nothing we can do for you now" then walked out without showing any compassion at all. He then sent the discharge nurse in within a minute of him leaving the room. Didnt even offer her a few minutes to grasp what he said.

Worst of all, while at OLBH he treated me for an injury that I thought was in my leg. Without even doing any type of diagnostic work beyond having me stand up and move my leg out, he said i had a strained muscle and sent me home. The injury progressed and it ended up being caused by a disc injury, one he may have been able to diagnose had he done even a basic exam of lifting my legs and seeing where the root of the pain was.

He's trash and the reason i wont go to the Bellefonte ER eventhough the rest of the workers especially Dave are top notch.
kelly

United States

#5 Mar 16, 2010
Yes Dr. Spears is a joke he doesn't take the time to examine you he just tries to get you in and out as quick as possible. I have a $600 ER bill just for him to print off some papers to tell my husband that he had cat scratch disease, he said he needed to get some blood work to make sure then 5 minutes later the nurse came with discharge papers. He never did get the blood work.
Thankful

United States

#6 Mar 17, 2010
The man saved my life.
the one

Ashland, KY

#7 Apr 6, 2010
it seems not matter ho much pain your in,he dont wanna give you nothing worth a shit!
worstever

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 Apr 6, 2010
BAd beside manner. Abrupt, cold and acts like if he could care less whats wrong with you. I would not want him as my doctor.
Bad knees

Ashland, KY

#9 Apr 7, 2010
I saw him the other night for a swollen knee. He walked in said my knee wasn't swollen and walked out. Only thing he did was blood work. I guess to see if I was a pill head. And he did a Doppler on my leg. Never checked my knee at all. What kind of dr is that. Rude as hell.
ThankfulForSpear s

Ashland, KY

#10 Apr 7, 2010
Dr. Spears saved my mother's life. Incredible doctor! My family is forever grateful! We love you Greg!
amused

Ashland, KY

#11 Apr 10, 2010
To all the people he did "good" things for, thats his job to do those things, as well as to find whats wrong with all of those who come through. He failed at the most basic of tasks time and again with me and my family and he is just one "thats a drug seeker" treatment away from getting somoene killed becuase he lacked thuroughness.
Fact

Chesapeake, OH

#12 May 27, 2010
amused wrote:
To all the people he did "good" things for, thats his job to do those things, as well as to find whats wrong with all of those who come through. He failed at the most basic of tasks time and again with me and my family and he is just one "thats a drug seeker" treatment away from getting somoene killed becuase he lacked thuroughness.
He is one knowkedgable ER Doc. He is to the point which may be a fault sometimes but he knows his stuff. A big percentage of ER patients seek drugs and I commend him for no patience with them.
If I am in an emergency situation, I have no problem of him running the show. I have seen him in action. Fred Jackson was only interested in Press Gainey glory.
FYI

Ironton, OH

#13 Oct 15, 2010
this doctor is not very professional... standing at the desk with the ER full talking about vacations and how much money he spends on time shares... while he has patients laying in the beds.. he was also bad mouthing Fred Jackson...
Now, I don't really care for Fred Jackson either.. but? Mr Spears is a doctor and it is very unprofessional of him to be standing at the desk where all the patients and their families can hear him talking about KDMC and their staff it is just bad business!
Truely thankful

Ashland, KY

#14 Oct 15, 2010
Dr. Spears is the reason I still have my hands! If it wasn't for him, I'd be wipeing my azz with hooks! That was when he was at K.D.M.C. I now go to O.L.B.H. just because that's where he's at.
To you people who think he's not much. Why don't you go to him when there is something truely wrong with you that he can do something about? Like me. I know he gets so tired of looking at all the whiners and pill-heads. He is a Dr. An E.R. Dr! Do you people even know what that means? Not your babysitter or your friendly drug-dealer. You want that? Please go someplace else so he will have more time to "Treat" real emergencies. God bless you Dr. Spears.
OLBH deserves better

United States

#15 Dec 29, 2011
Dr spears has told my wife...a heart patient that fr charles rhodes had her on the wrong meds. Everytime I have been to the olbh ER for everything from severe back pain to a gall bladder attack I was rushed out the door without dr Spears even examining me or listening to me. In this area its wither go to KDMC and get an infection or be treated like he thinks your a druggie and a bother
jimmy

Broken Arrow, OK

#16 Dec 30, 2011
whats odd about doctor spears is i have seen people go to him that where really bad off i mean like broken bones or seriously messed up and he wont hardly give them any pain meds and then i have seen people such as myself see him for minor issues and he wont hesitate at all to hand put pain meds, i seen him once over a car wreck, simple rear end collision, was not even really hurt just sore and wanted to get checked out to make a cop and insurance company happy and he did a cat scan, and x ray and exam on me and said i would be ok but may be sore for a few days and he handed me a script for thirty percocet 10's and a script for flexeril and then a work excuse for two weeks over that
time traveler

Ashland, KY

#17 Dec 30, 2011
i know greg personally and i know his wife and children he is a very good doctor and a very good family man,and oh by the way he does care about his patients!!!
whatever

South Point, OH

#18 Jan 29, 2012
He could do better!!!!
Lmfao

Ashland, KY

#19 Jan 29, 2012
"Truely Thankful" you have it exactly right. These people run to the ER with any complaint they can think of because they needsome attention or they are bored. How about GO TO YOUR FAMILY DR AND LEAVE THE ER FOR SERIOUS PROBLEMS not a swollen f#cking knee!! Don't you people realize any ER dr gets sick of seeing these cry baby "Oh I hurt my back boo hoo but I want the ER to wave magic wand and make me feel better.. Wait I should go to a chiropractor, just give me a pill" people. And I love how they point out that they venture to the ER on a weekly basis, hey pill heads GET A LIFE!!
lol

Huntington, WV

#20 Feb 5, 2012
time traveler
you must not know him to well saying he is a good family man i have known him for about 30 yrs and the good family man thing is a crock

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Ashland Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Nude neighbor 2 hr Haha 4
Anyone want to GET IT ON? Im single & im cute. ... 6 hr yeswhynot 7
Miley Cyrus is gonna be in concert at Summermotion (Mar '13) 6 hr Raunchette 23
Heather Kidd, what do you think?... (Jul '10) 8 hr AlsoLooking 93
Will Mcconnell Revive Coal or Something Else? 8 hr cane 2
Mike Moore 9 hr Karmas a bitch 93
hot chic working at jolly pirate 9 hr boof 1
Ashland Dating
Find my Match