boyd county football
Pop Can

Hodgenville, KY

#166 Jan 2, 2012
Nobody from Texas in their right mind would want to come to Ky and coach h.s. football. Really.......
I'll by the guys plane ticket if he gets the job. It will be a local guy you can bet on that.
BC FOLLOWER

Ashland, KY

#167 Jan 2, 2012
I WANT TO KNOW WHO PICKED THE COMMITTEE TO HIRE THE NEW COACH,BESIDES CHANEY AND KEELIN SOME OF THE OTHER PEOPLE ON THE BOARD NEVER PLAYED A SPORT AND PROBABLY DOSENT EVEN KNOW THE GAME OF FOOTBALL.BOTH CHANEY AND KEELIN WERE GREAT FOOTBALL PLAYERS AND THEY KNOW WHAT IT TAKES TO BUILD A PROGRAM.CHRIS BRUNER,MIKE GILLUM,COME ON SOUNDS LIKE ANOTHER INSIDE JOB !!!
ABC

Barberton, OH

#168 Jan 3, 2012
I like the way you think!
BC FOLLOWER wrote:
I WANT TO KNOW WHO PICKED THE COMMITTEE TO HIRE THE NEW COACH,BESIDES CHANEY AND KEELIN SOME OF THE OTHER PEOPLE ON THE BOARD NEVER PLAYED A SPORT AND PROBABLY DOSENT EVEN KNOW THE GAME OF FOOTBALL.BOTH CHANEY AND KEELIN WERE GREAT FOOTBALL PLAYERS AND THEY KNOW WHAT IT TAKES TO BUILD A PROGRAM.CHRIS BRUNER,MIKE GILLUM,COME ON SOUNDS LIKE ANOTHER INSIDE JOB !!!
BAD BOY

Rush, KY

#169 Jan 3, 2012
Chris Bruner Well Do Anything,I Mean Anything If He Thinks It Well Get His Son Playing Time.Mike Hunt And THE Rest OF THE QUARTERBACK CLUB MIGHT As Well Step Down And Give It To CHRIS And The Rest Of That Bunch.NOW We All Know He Will Hire Someone That Liles Him ,I Mean Really Does The Man Think He Is Really Liked That Much !I Dont Know Much About The MIKE GILLUM Guy But I Do Think He Is A J.F.L COACH Or The PRESIDENT OF THE BOOSTERS For Them .But Anyway B.C FOLLOWER I Think You Hit The Nail On The Head With The Inside Job
insider

Ashland, KY

#170 Jan 5, 2012
http://www.khsaa.org/khsaa_jobs/

DO you see it listed anywhere? Shouldn't they list it here if they really want somebody outside of the district to know it's even open? Finally make right move and think things are going to be better, then they won't even list it.
BradB

Arlington, VA

#171 Jan 5, 2012
insider wrote:
http://www.khsaa.org/khsaa_job s/
DO you see it listed anywhere? Shouldn't they list it here if they really want somebody outside of the district to know it's even open? Finally make right move and think things are going to be better, then they won't even list it.
Not to be rude or blunt, but that's an idiotic statement....It WAS listed for a period of time and is no longer listed as candidates have had ample time to apply and are being reviewed and interviewed. When a job posting is put up, it's not there forever - usually only a few weeks.
spock

Ashland, KY

#172 Jan 5, 2012
BradB wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to be rude or blunt, but that's an idiotic statement....It WAS listed for a period of time and is no longer listed as candidates have had ample time to apply and are being reviewed and interviewed. When a job posting is put up, it's not there forever - usually only a few weeks.
So job has been awarded already? Situations change for people daily. Best person BC could ever dream of getting may be looking for a coaching job today in our area, but none are available according to khsaa. Seems even more IDIOTIC to stop advertising before it's filled if you ask me.
BradB

Arlington, VA

#173 Jan 5, 2012
In most professions, jobs are posted for a limited amount of time, not indefinitely...then if satisfactory, qualified candidates aren't found at that time, the job is re-posted. Apparently they have found some candidates they like.
one that knows

Boynton Beach, FL

#174 Jan 5, 2012
BradB wrote:
In most professions, jobs are posted for a limited amount of time, not indefinitely...then if satisfactory, qualified candidates aren't found at that time, the job is re-posted. Apparently they have found some candidates they like.
For your information 18 Applicants have applied for the head Coach's job at BCHS.They have some from around here,Texas,California,and Florida.They are know going over them to make the right choice.I have been told they going to make sure they get the right man for the job.They will take what ever time it takes to make it right.
WOW

Greenup, KY

#175 Jan 5, 2012
If the boys dont get in the weight room soon , it will not matter who the coach is you hire . Big and weak will not win games . Boyd has some big kids but they all would benefit from weights. Football is won in the weight room .
ABC

United States

#176 Jan 5, 2012
But, if they are in the weight room doing the wrong things it will only hurt them...more so than not doing anything at all.
WOW wrote:
If the boys dont get in the weight room soon , it will not matter who the coach is you hire . Big and weak will not win games . Boyd has some big kids but they all would benefit from weights. Football is won in the weight room .
joke

Ashland, KY

#177 Jan 5, 2012
one that knows wrote:
<quoted text>
For your information 18 Applicants have applied for the head Coach's job at BCHS.They have some from around here,Texas,California,and Florida.They are know going over them to make the right choice.I have been told they going to make sure they get the right man for the job.They will take what ever time it takes to make it right.
This is the craziest thing I have ever heard. They should have already been going through the apps as they recieved them. Do they not understand that there is a little over two months until spring practice WITH pads. These boys are already a least a month behind all of the other schools around here in weightlifting. You throw a new coaching staff with a whole new system that they all have to learn. Then there is camp in the summer that has to be planned a long time in advance. I know the boys are wondering what in the world is going on and why they are being told anything. The ones I feel sorry for the most is the seniors. Most of these kids have played together since JFL and are a good group of boys. They have worked hard all these years to get to this point to have it all taken away from them. The seeds have been sowed with hard work and now it is time to reap but the way things are now nothing will change because of the committes inabiltiy to get the job done in a timely matter to get these boys started. And who in their right mind would have a committee to make a recommendation to someone else to make the choice. Look who they hired for basketball before Anderson. Howd that turn out for them. I am so frustrated with the whole process. I know you dont want to hire the first guy off the street but come on. All I hear is its all for the kids but not one person has enough respect for the kids to let them know what is going on and that they are working on getting them a choach that they feel will give them the best chance to turn things around. Lets hope they get it done soon!!
insider

Grayson, KY

#178 Jan 8, 2012
joke wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the craziest thing I have ever heard. They should have already been going through the apps as they recieved them. Do they not understand that there is a little over two months until spring practice WITH pads. These boys are already a least a month behind all of the other schools around here in weightlifting. You throw a new coaching staff with a whole new system that they all have to learn. Then there is camp in the summer that has to be planned a long time in advance. I know the boys are wondering what in the world is going on and why they are being told anything. The ones I feel sorry for the most is the seniors. Most of these kids have played together since JFL and are a good group of boys. They have worked hard all these years to get to this point to have it all taken away from them. The seeds have been sowed with hard work and now it is time to reap but the way things are now nothing will change because of the committes inabiltiy to get the job done in a timely matter to get these boys started. And who in their right mind would have a committee to make a recommendation to someone else to make the choice. Look who they hired for basketball before Anderson. Howd that turn out for them. I am so frustrated with the whole process. I know you dont want to hire the first guy off the street but come on. All I hear is its all for the kids but not one person has enough respect for the kids to let them know what is going on and that they are working on getting them a choach that they feel will give them the best chance to turn things around. Lets hope they get it done soon!!
No further behind than if last staff was left in place, just less injuries at this point.
poopoo

Catlettsburg, KY

#179 Jan 13, 2012
insider wrote:
<quoted text>
No further behind than if last staff was left in place, just less injuries at this point.
dont be so sure that it won't be much of the same staff. this entire thing has been handled horribly. a joke really. if the individuals behind this were honest, they would have to admit it was a terrible decision to remove Lee in the first place.
ABC

Medina, OH

#180 Jan 13, 2012
So you would have kept Lee? Obviously you are oblivious to just how bad a head coach he was. Forget their record and the on the field stuff. He was a terrible head coach off the field. Never in the halls or the lunch room getting students excited about football or getting new kids to come out for football. Football players are also the most rude and bad behaving students in the school. No discipline in school = no discipline on the field.
poopoo wrote:
<quoted text>
dont be so sure that it won't be much of the same staff. this entire thing has been handled horribly. a joke really. if the individuals behind this were honest, they would have to admit it was a terrible decision to remove Lee in the first place.
bitwood

Littlefield, TX

#181 Jan 13, 2012
The real key to the future of boyd co. football is will the Baker kid returns to bc next season or goes back to the ashland school system. It's his ninth grade year so this time his decision has to stick. His attitude is a real problem to deal with but his talent on the field is unquestioned. With him in the backfield the bcms eighth grade team dominated verity middle school this past season. Does anyone know where he will land next season?
WOW

Ashland, KY

#182 Jan 13, 2012
You cannot worry if one player is going to stay or go. If his daddy dont get a job he will leave very sad that a parent would use a kid that way. Plus the other kid in the back field , dont know his name is a lot tougher running back than baker.
one that knows

United States

#183 Jan 13, 2012
WOW wrote:
You cannot worry if one player is going to stay or go. If his daddy dont get a job he will leave very sad that a parent would use a kid that way. Plus the other kid in the back field , dont know his name is a lot tougher running back than baker.
His name is Jeremy Nelson.This kid has more heart than the Baker kid ever thought about having.No question Baker has the talent but he doesn't give 100% all the time.If it wasn't for Nelson the 8th grade wouldn't have won some of the games they did win.Everyone knows Baker is going back to Ashland.The rumor is coach Hart took them to dinner and offered Al a Track Coaching job.If they don't want to be here than get on out of here.They think Q is a onenplayer show but he is not.So Good Bye !!!!!!
WOW

Ashland, KY

#184 Jan 13, 2012
When Boyd County wakes up and realizes they have to pay there head coaches more than the trainers . They may get some quality applicants . Why does the trainers make more than coaches? Maybe because the AD is a trainer Hmmmm !!!!!!!!!!
one that knows

United States

#185 Jan 13, 2012
WOW wrote:
When Boyd County wakes up and realizes they have to pay there head coaches more than the trainers . They may get some quality applicants . Why does the trainers make more than coaches? Maybe because the AD is a trainer Hmmmm !!!!!!!!!!
You hit the nail on the HEAD.They have a chance to get a GOOD Quality Head Football Coach,but they are going to have to show him the money.If they really want to every have a Quality Football Team they are going to have to improve all the Coach's pay.If they are not willing to do that than way worry about building a new Football Stadium.Com e on Fans show your support and call the Central Office and tell them we want a Quality Football Coach to build a tradition at BCHS.It's about time to do that don't you think.GO LIONS !!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whats up with all the BullDykes 36 min Ginger 8
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 48 min Betty 159,695
Hillcrest window peeper 54 min Pompous City 11
gas prices 1 hr Ginger 5
short haired girls are hot!!!!!! 1 hr Jimmy Joe 3
marts automart (May '10) 1 hr Patron 106
Elvis Rister busted AGAIN FEB 2017 1 hr Mike 25
AK Ashland 17 hr Roy Rodgers 45

Ashland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages