boyd county football
Wondering

United States

#186 Jan 13, 2012
Whats going to happen to the Evans boy? I've heard rumors, wasn't sure.
Peanuts

Ironton, OH

#187 Jan 14, 2012
If you pay them peanuts you are going to get monkeys. Boyd county has the lowest pay scale for coaches and teachers in the area.
Not a Great Program

United States

#188 Jan 15, 2012
Dear Boyd Football Fans,
In reading post after post on here, I just have to ask - what great football coach do you think you are going to find? Here is a program that has truly only had 5 good seasons since the early 70's (2 with Chaney/Keelin, 2 in late 80's -'86 & '87, and 2003). Face it - Boyd has never been an elite football program, or really even a very good program. Those two great teams of the 80's had great players (Craycraft, Chaffin, Donta, Russell, etc.) and still lost in first round of playoffs to Boone County. Face it fans, it's hard for any team in this area to be elite in football in Class 4A and above. Regardless of what people say, there isn't a ton of talent walking the halls. As much as you want a great coach to be hired chances are there aren't many great applicants to choose from. Also high schools aren't like colleges where they can throw money at people and hire them. As frustrating and lengthy as this process this has been please be supportive o whomever I hired but also temper your expectations as being a GREAT football team every year in this part of the state is a bit unrealistic.
four

Baird, TX

#189 Jan 15, 2012
Well I think we could have a good team ,but its not only the coaches that make it ,I think the parents need to stop acting all high and mighty and get off their high horse and let the coaches coach notthe parents.I also think that boys need to start acting like a team and not against each other as many times i have heard this from one boy cussing another and then another boy and so on.They make some kids feel like crap and those are the ones that has the heart to play but is not givin a chance because little billy over there or his parents stop that real fast.Some kids are just there to be wearing the jersey and thats all and they are taking a spot from someone that really wants to play and maybe even better ,but with that being said I guess it well never change ! Boyd County is about who you know and who you blow and if you are friends with the coach or his son.I also think they need to get a coach in there that dont know the parents or the boys and start fresh that way no one can say nothing ,but then after a while when the parents start tagging after the coach that well change also so it well be damned if they do and damned if they dont
unknown

Ashland, KY

#190 Jan 21, 2012
Umm he has a doctorates degree, in athletic training and sports medicene there. He knows alot about all the sports.
WOW

Ashland, KY

#191 Jan 31, 2012
Have they hired a Coach Brooks who teaches at the middle school?
Pop Can

Ashland, KY

#192 Jan 31, 2012
That's the rumor. It might work out, They gotta hire someone.
one that knows

Boynton Beach, FL

#193 Jan 31, 2012
Pop Can wrote:
That's the rumor. It might work out, They gotta hire someone.
The committee has voted 12-0 to hire Coach Brooks.
It's now up to Rhonda Salisbury and site base council to hire him.
ABC

Mount Gilead, OH

#194 Feb 1, 2012
It's a done deal. He meet with all the assistants, trainers, etc. today. I think it was the right choice.
Craig

Potomac, MD

#195 Feb 1, 2012
Who is he? What's his experience?
ABC

Wooster, OH

#196 Feb 1, 2012
He teaches at the middle school and I believe he was an assistant at Huntington high...that's only what I've heard, though. Judging by how he's approaching the people who will be helping him, he seems to have been a good choice. Only time will tell, though.
WOW

Ashland, KY

#197 Feb 1, 2012
One that knows who is the new QB going to be ? Will the pipeline from huntington start flowing to BC now?
Fan

Nicholasville, KY

#198 Feb 1, 2012
WOW wrote:
One that knows who is the new QB going to be ? Will the pipeline from huntington start flowing to BC now?
Why can't people be positive for a change, they just hired a coach and you r already causing trouble.
WOW

Ashland, KY

#199 Feb 1, 2012
Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can't people be positive for a change, they just hired a coach and you r already causing trouble.
Just asking ?s
ABC

Columbus, OH

#200 Feb 2, 2012
As long as the pipeline is done legally who cares?
Riddell

Ashland, KY

#201 Feb 2, 2012
Very happy for the boys, parents and the school. Think BC sports are going the right direction finally!
TOMCATS4LIFE

Huntington, IN

#202 Feb 2, 2012
Good luck Coach Brooks!!!! Cant wait to see you all at Putnam Stadium!!!!!! GO TOMCATS!!!!
one that knows

Boynton Beach, FL

#203 Feb 2, 2012
Riddell wrote:
Very happy for the boys, parents and the school. Think BC sports are going the right direction finally!
I meet coach Brooks this evening and he is very enthusiastic about football at Boyd County.I liked Lee Evans very much but we've will have to move on.I think Football in the County will come alive.We all need to get behind Coach Brooks and all the Coach's that are staying and root on all of are players.
Go LIONS !!!!!!!!!
BCDAD

United States

#204 Feb 2, 2012
:)
Microwave

Campbellsville, KY

#207 Feb 3, 2012
ABC wrote:
Doubt it...he seems to be a no nonsense guy who doesn't put up with crap. He had already proven he has some knowledge in the weight room. And I'm glad you took your child somewhere else...the County will be better off without sell outs.
<quoted text>
Let's see would you want your child to play for Boyd or fairview ? No thought there coach Mcpeek is star in the making and has built great program in Westwood!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tate's tree service by Justin tate also known a... 5 min Love how people ... 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min USA 164,722
supreme Court hears case of baker not making ca... 13 min CoolStoryBro 3
Can Dems even be honest with themselves?? 19 min The Truth 9
Who overdosed in bruce apt last night..june 25 32 min HateQuincie 8
Republican Party falling apart 37 min Hitler 5
Ashland City Employee Salaries 1 hr Carmen 23

Ashland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance