Social Security now drug testing Disa...

Social Security now drug testing Disability Claimants

Posted in the Ashland Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Too Funny

United States

#1 May 24, 2012
Spoke to a girl today who works there and she said its being made mandatory when DDS in Frankfort reviews cases...new and old! Hahahaha... justice
checkitout

Baltimore, MD

#2 May 24, 2012
My cousin had a Medical review at the National Guard Armory last month in Ashland. He said they took his blood that day
Yep

United States

#3 May 24, 2012
Because everyone on disability is on drugs!
Best Coast

Ashland, KY

#4 May 24, 2012
The world is lazy
but you and me
we're just crazy

So when I'm with you, I have fun
Yeah when I'm with you, I have fun

The world is lazy
but you and me
We're just crazy

Ever since I was a little girl
My mama always told me
there'd be boys like you

I hate sleeping alone
Too Funny

United States

#5 May 24, 2012
I'm going to bet BestCoast is on disability and on drugs. Hope u clean up before your random drug test, loser.
jim

Ardsley, NY

#6 May 24, 2012
We could only hope that is true.
welfare

United States

#7 May 24, 2012
Welfare are the ones who are about to start being drug tested, people on disability have nothing to do with it.
Question

Ardsley, NY

#8 May 25, 2012
Is it for people applying for disability or people on food stamps?
bout time

Salem, WV

#9 May 25, 2012
I think every body getting government assistence, ie. Welfare, Food stamps, or disability, should be drug tested. There are too many lazy people in this world today that use the government as a crutch. I know there are people out there who actually really need it. But i think that drug testing every one getting assistence will weed out the obes who dont. It will by no means fix the system, but it would be a good step in that direction!
Mary White

Portage, MI

#10 May 25, 2012
I think drug testing people is a good idea BUT to make it even better one is to not let the applicants / receivers know when they are going to be tested.
bout time

Salem, WV

#11 May 25, 2012
Mary White wrote:
I think drug testing people is a good idea BUT to make it even better one is to not let the applicants / receivers know when they are going to be tested.
Random drug testing would definately be better than a scheduled monthly testing. Go knock on their doors an say pee in this cup or take their blood or hair...definately be an increase of jobs for social workers!
Drug testing is a waste

Ashland, KY

#12 May 25, 2012
Like they can't take someone elses pee. They can't search you either, and they can't film you. Drug testing is a gigantic waste of taxpayer dollars. And yes I do have a job, a well paying job that preforms random drug tests. Do they drug test me, no, becasue I am a worker, and I also know my rights!
I know drug testing is a sham. In Indiana right now the supreme court is hearing cases of over 5,000 prision inmates who were put in jail over faulty drug tests. The state lab failed its quality control checks numerous times, took a whistle blower to get them to admit they were putting people in prison without reason (These people in Indiana were on parole and were required to take testing).
Florida supreme court overturned their governers order to drug test all state employees. Said it violated the employees rights.
You know what should be allowed. To check your computer to see if your a pedophile. But we don't do that, or have mandatory sentences for those people who are pedophile. But if you get caught with crack mandatory sentence, up the creek to be butfucked, but if you butfuck a kid. The judge and jury get to decide that sentence.
Drug testing is a violation of these disabled peoples rights, and it won't be long until someone takes this to court and is abolished.
Prohibition never works.
Sorry drug testers, it doesn't work.
right

Salem, WV

#13 May 25, 2012
Drug testing is a waste wrote:
Like they can't take someone elses pee. They can't search you either, and they can't film you. Drug testing is a gigantic waste of taxpayer dollars. And yes I do have a job, a well paying job that preforms random drug tests. Do they drug test me, no, becasue I am a worker, and I also know my rights!
I know drug testing is a sham. In Indiana right now the supreme court is hearing cases of over 5,000 prision inmates who were put in jail over faulty drug tests. The state lab failed its quality control checks numerous times, took a whistle blower to get them to admit they were putting people in prison without reason (These people in Indiana were on parole and were required to take testing).
Florida supreme court overturned their governers order to drug test all state employees. Said it violated the employees rights.
You know what should be allowed. To check your computer to see if your a pedophile. But we don't do that, or have mandatory sentences for those people who are pedophile. But if you get caught with crack mandatory sentence, up the creek to be butfucked, but if you butfuck a kid. The judge and jury get to decide that sentence.
Drug testing is a violation of these disabled peoples rights, and it won't be long until someone takes this to court and is abolished.
Prohibition never works.
Sorry drug testers, it doesn't work.
And because its a waste of money you better believe our government is for it...at tax payers expense of course!
time traveler

Greenup, KY

#14 May 25, 2012
listen here my friends not everybody on ssdi is on drugs!!!! i am a veteran of gulf and afghanastan,so do not judge all who are on ssdi.i fought for your alls freedom so do not take advantage of it..........sign american veteran iraqui and afghan veteran and damn proud of it..........
tj

Ardsley, NY

#15 May 25, 2012
Hair tests eliminate the problems with drug testing and doesn't involve ur privates and piss. Test everybody that gets government assistance and pay checks. Lazy ass bums.

“These are the good old days.”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#16 May 25, 2012
Test'em Sort'em Kick'em off the rolls. I PAY WAY TOO MUCH IN TAXES AS IT IS.
Kandie

Saint Albans, WV

#17 Nov 5, 2012
I agree with this 100%. You can blame people for drug use, but we let rapist and murders slip by our hands like its nothing. How about we focus more on these missing children.
Sad

Russell, KY

#18 Nov 5, 2012
I recieve Social Security Disability. I am NOT on drugs nor have I ever abused drugs. I started in the workforce when I was 17 and worked 40+ hrs a week for many years. I was raised with a work ethic that I am very proud of. I was diagnosed with cancer a few years ago and I fought for my life so that my children would not be raised without a mother. I paid into the social security system and I don't feel that I am recieving a handout. If the government wants to drug test me that is ok with me. I do think that those of you that are able to get out of bed everyday and go to work, be thankful you can do just that. Those of us who can't didn't choose for this to be our lives. No one chooses to be unhealthy. I would be careful not to judge others. You may find yourself needing the assistance of the Social Security Benefits that YOU have paid into.
Edrow

Ironton, OH

#19 Nov 9, 2012
Sad it sounds like u may have earned you're benefits! For everyone that has their are at least 5 that haven't ! Surely u can see that too !
Realize

Ardsley, NY

#20 Nov 9, 2012
I think everyone in this country should be subject to random drug test. You have the right to know if the person you are working with or driving alongside down the road is on drugs. Don't just pick people who receive government assistance to check. Lets be fair and check everyone. This way a lot of people using drugs and test positive may lose their job and a person that is clean might be able to get the job the user lost. My meds are dr prescribed. Those who take drugs not prescribed should lose their jobs just the same as the ones receiving government assistance should lose their benefits. Wake up let's be fair for all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 38 min LMS 148,337
tara kay mccomas (for her ex) 1 hr HiYa 28
Chan Dalton and Taylor Wright 1 hr SoWhat 3
alley in Westwood by dollar General 1 hr Just a Thought 10
The End of Boyd Baseball for a while? Sure look... 1 hr Lol 6
Tiffany Edwards in florida? 7 hr Riki Tiki 9
Vincent Apartments 7 hr Robin 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages