Comments
21 - 40 of 42 Comments Last updated Feb 2, 2013
Just me

Broken Arrow, OK

#21 Jan 16, 2010
Oakview Rd and Hood St. Lady killed years ago waiting on a Blue Ribbon Bus. She often appears at dusk dressed in white. Bus drivers would pull up to let the lady dressed in white on the bus and she would disappear.
High Rock

South Point, OH

#22 Jan 16, 2010
We went to High Rock, to just hang and drink a few. We started walking to the rock and could hear sounds, each of us thinking that it was one of the other kids in our bunch, we was laugh'n and cutting up try'n to scare the other ones. but when we got up to where the rock starts, we all could hear it a woman cry'n and then we saw her weeping..... She has been seen numerous of times by High Rock weeping. I don't care what people say, this ghost undoubtedly is terrifying; one that should be avoided.
is there anymore places

Staunton, VA

#23 Jul 28, 2010
Is there anymore places?
curious

Versailles, KY

#24 Jul 29, 2010
High Rock wrote:
We went to High Rock, to just hang and drink a few. We started walking to the rock and could hear sounds, each of us thinking that it was one of the other kids in our bunch, we was laugh'n and cutting up try'n to scare the other ones. but when we got up to where the rock starts, we all could hear it a woman cry'n and then we saw her weeping..... She has been seen numerous of times by High Rock weeping. I don't care what people say, this ghost undoubtedly is terrifying; one that should be avoided.
where is this High Rock located?????
Lovin the undead

Ashland, KY

#25 Jul 29, 2010
LocalActor wrote:
Off of 13th street, if you turn off beside Papa John's or the flower shop and go up that hill, up at the top somewhere is a former TB hospital. It is allegedly very haunted.
I've also heard stories about Woodland Oaks Nursing Home (Little Indian Girl) and about the ghost of a little boy who drowned in a pool that was originally located where Boyd Nursing is. He has allegedly been seen just before the death of a resident on multiple occasions at that nursing home.
The stories about woodland are true for the most part. The little native american girl, residents would say that they've seen her in their room she wont go away or anything. Unfortunatly they pass away around a week after seeing the little girl. Sounds like a cheesy movie plot, but i had a close relative that worked there for 7 years. It has never gone in a different manner when she is seen. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it were to be haunted by a indian, if i am correct there were indian burial mounds either under the facility or around it. Im not positive though. I will be finding out soon enough seeing as I will be working there later on. Jacob, your on my facebook, ill message you.

“Remember. Strong ALWAYS!”

Since: May 08

Ashland ky

#26 Jul 29, 2010
Here you go. Im a little late but
http://paratheresa.webs.com/hauntedplacesinoh...

We used this in our ghost hunting days. Id recommend the abandoned Alpha Portland Cement factory just across the bridge in Ironton. It closed when the basement wall flooded with cement killing workers. The bodies were never recovered either!(So they say) This place is very creepy just dont get caught going in! Go only at night!
Jamie D

Ashland, KY

#27 Jul 29, 2010
LocalActor wrote:
Off of 13th street, if you turn off beside Papa John's or the flower shop and go up that hill, up at the top somewhere is a former TB hospital. It is allegedly very haunted.
I've also heard stories about Woodland Oaks Nursing Home (Little Indian Girl) and about the ghost of a little boy who drowned in a pool that was originally located where Boyd Nursing is. He has allegedly been seen just before the death of a resident on multiple occasions at that nursing home.
The TB Hospital and Woodland Oaks are both very haunted. As is KDMC. Another place that scares the hell out of me is the old Mayo Mansion down on Bath Ave. That place is CREEPY and it makes my hair stand on end EVERY single time I go into it.
Jamie D

Ashland, KY

#28 Jul 29, 2010
Forgot to mention, the old Mayo Mansion used to be where the Kentucky Highlands Museum was located. Most, if not all, people who used to work there can tell you stories of their experiences. From what I understand, they get everything from poltergeist type activity to full formed apparaitions.
jim bob jack

Louisa, KY

#29 Jul 29, 2010
Jacob Smith wrote:
alright thanks. i have also heard one about the children pushing your car? on hurricane road.... we tried it last night and it really does work. the legend says that children in a bus broke down and started walking and were killed on that road by a truck and now if you park your car on the straight flat road and put it in neutral your car will roll. and it worked. it was crazy
its down hill dumbass!!!

“Remember. Strong ALWAYS!”

Since: May 08

Ashland ky

#30 Jul 29, 2010
yeah my dad didnt believe in ghosts till he worked late nights at the paramount. they actually tell you about the ghost when you get hired. My dad said you would hear ppl whistle at night when noone was there. He even told me they had a name for the ghost haha
INTERESTING

Ashland, KY

#31 Jul 30, 2010
One of my relatives worked at Woodland Oaks several years ago when the place was fairly new. She would see the little Indian girl as well and said she would catch a glimpse of her out of the corner of her eye and the little girl would turn the corner and walk down the hall. She would go look for the little girl and she would be gone. Also the patients would ask who the little girl was that would come into their rooms. Creepy. Also Bellefonte hospital, in the old section, there are ghosts of the nuns that walk the halls.

On Ohio River Rd. in Lloyd there is a small, unassuming house that is completely haunted. There is a woman who appeared there to a family that lived there and the drawers of the chest and dresser in the master bedroom would open and slam shut by themselves. Very strange things happened there and all the activity seemed to be in the master bedroom and bath. The house is never occupied for long and stands empty today. The current owner tried to rent it out because they couldn't sell it but nobody stays there for more than a month.
Wooly

United States

#32 Jul 31, 2010
INTERESTING wrote:
Also Bellefonte hospital, in the old section, there are ghosts of the nuns that walk the halls.
Absolutely true, my mother worked there for 20 years and would see an old nun on occasion when going in to work early. I think they even called her, "Annie".

Since: Sep 10

Newell, PA

#33 Sep 6, 2010
INTERESTING wrote:
On Ohio River Rd. in Lloyd there is a small, unassuming house that is completely haunted. There is a woman who appeared there to a family that lived there and the drawers of the chest and dresser in the master bedroom would open and slam shut by themselves. Very strange things happened there and all the activity seemed to be in the master bedroom and bath. The house is never occupied for long and stands empty today. The current owner tried to rent it out because they couldn't sell it but nobody stays there for more than a month.
is that the house down near the sawmill? I've only seen someone live there once
Charity Chapman

Ashland, KY

#34 Jan 28, 2013
How do I get to Hurricane Rd in Ashland?
author

Bellevue, WA

#35 Jan 28, 2013
the monument of Osa Wilson, the woman with a handprint on her face, (IWC) has never been sandblasted by graveyard staff according to records at the groundskeepers home. it is an odd, smooth bleached space in the granite.the husband was not buried with nor near her, although the initials s.w. have been located at other graves in the same section. the dates, however, do not match.
I wont go there

Altavista, VA

#36 Jan 29, 2013
There is a big house on 52nd street in Ashland that i lived in years ago. It has such darkness inside that i believe what is there is not a ghost, it is something much worse. It even effected the way people acted inside the house. I will never go back. I moved out with help in literally 15 minutes, left my roomates and never looked back.
Charity Chapman

Ashland, KY

#37 Jan 29, 2013
How do you do the test on Hurricane Rd?
resident

Ashland, KY

#38 Jan 31, 2013
Woodland cemetary puts on a ghostwalk, i went to one in september and its really cool u walk thru thd cemetary and there are people dressed up and they tell u storiesabout the people that is buried there, very interesting, the lady with the handprint, you feel her belly, its alwyays warm and snow never sticks to it. Theres the ballerina, war vetereans are there. An interesting place u should go to the next one!!!!!
i wud know

Frankfort, KY

#39 Feb 1, 2013
Ur mom is
Worked There

Ashland, KY

#40 Feb 1, 2013
INTERESTING wrote:
One of my relatives worked at Woodland Oaks several years ago when the place was fairly new. She would see the little Indian girl as well and said she would catch a glimpse of her out of the corner of her eye and the little girl would turn the corner and walk down the hall. She would go look for the little girl and she would be gone. Also the patients would ask who the little girl was that would come into their rooms. Creepy. Also Bellefonte hospital, in the old section, there are ghosts of the nuns that walk the halls.
I worked at Woodland Oaks when it first opened.At that time I only had 2 patients on my wing since it was the first day the facility was open,anyway one of the patients turned on his call light and when I went to go see what was wrong he asked me why someone would bring their child to work and would I please keep her out of his room.I had no idea at the time what he was talking about.As we got more and more patients they too asked why the dark haired little girl came in their rooms at night.One night while I was working,I worked the midnight shift,the nurse on duty couldn't find her keys,we looked everywhere and no one could leave or enter the building without knowing the code and we could hear this if someone came or went.We found the keys in the dumpster outside and there is no way someone could have done this without sounding off an alarm.We never figured out how it happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Ashland Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
brian thomas 13 min hogwarts 15
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 14 min Khatru 130,549
fairview 19 min TiredoftheBS 199
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 27 min GoodRiddanceMicha... 1,538
boyd county dump (Jun '13) 36 min tired of the smell 101
Medical Abortion Protest October 5 43 min Tenth Plague 34
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 44 min Cornelius Scudmister 151,277
•••
•••

Ashland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Ashland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Ashland News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Ashland