Any construction companies hiring?

Any construction companies hiring?

Posted in the Ashland Forum

xyz

Adams, KY

#1 May 4, 2009
I know a lot of strip mines are laying off but are there any construction companies hiring?
Jim

Chesapeake, OH

#2 Sep 6, 2009
Is this a trick question?
robert

Chesapeake, OH

#3 Sep 6, 2009
funny, construction is way down...
xyz

Adams, KY

#4 Sep 6, 2009
Jim wrote:
Is this a trick question?
Not a trick question; maybe a foolish one. I was just hoping things were picking up. My husband has been outta work for over 6 months and it would be nice if construction and mining would pick up.
Hope it helps

Salyersville, KY

#5 Sep 6, 2009
xyz wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a trick question; maybe a foolish one. I was just hoping things were picking up. My husband has been outta work for over 6 months and it would be nice if construction and mining would pick up.
Ma'm

I owned a construction business until a few months ago. We had to shut it down becuse there were no jobs coming in since January 2009. It does not look good in this field for some time to come.

Does he have any other skills or training to find a job in another industry?

Sorry to be so bleak but, jobs in this trade are going to take some time to rebound.
xyz

Adams, KY

#6 Sep 6, 2009
Hope it helps wrote:
<quoted text>
Ma'm
I owned a construction business until a few months ago. We had to shut it down becuse there were no jobs coming in since January 2009. It does not look good in this field for some time to come.
Does he have any other skills or training to find a job in another industry?
Sorry to be so bleak but, jobs in this trade are going to take some time to rebound.
Thank you for replying. We're finding what you say to be very true. My husband is very skilled. He is a heavy equipment operator, has a CDL license, is licensed as a master electrician, and has above ground mining certification and certification as an MET. We keep hoping the economy and job market will improve.
uyfkuyf

Wagoner, OK

#7 Sep 6, 2009
'iopyhuig
Hope it Helps

Salyersville, KY

#8 Sep 6, 2009
xyz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for replying. We're finding what you say to be very true. My husband is very skilled. He is a heavy equipment operator, has a CDL license, is licensed as a master electrician, and has above ground mining certification and certification as an MET. We keep hoping the economy and job market will improve.
I wish you the best.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min Not Me Just You 163,808
Repubs finally back Affirmative Action 1 hr teah right 2
Ak steel 2 hr House Cat 34
Knee Replacement 4 hr Concerned 6
Girl walking her daughter to school this morning 6 hr Grow up 16
What did Obama do for America??? NO REALLY...... 6 hr Real truth 9
Dont enter to win anything in the mall!! 7 hr Done that 5

Ashland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages