d rays montana grill

Posted in the Ashland Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
redneck

Lebanon, KY

#1 Oct 25, 2010
everyone should check them out. they have great food from steaks to alligator which is awesome.. and cheap.
greg

Lebanon, KY

#2 Oct 26, 2010
yea in the old beanery where cr thomas was at its great food
greg

Lebanon, KY

#3 Oct 26, 2010
yea its great in the old boston beanery on greenup ave
Edith

Hurricane, WV

#4 Oct 26, 2010
How nice of Ted Turner to open a Montana Grill in Ashland. Montana Grills are nice places. I can't wait. I hear they feature bison.
Just saying

Russell, KY

#5 Oct 26, 2010
Edith wrote:
How nice of Ted Turner to open a Montana Grill in Ashland. Montana Grills are nice places. I can't wait. I hear they feature bison.
Ate there on Monday... They really need to work on the cooks. The Bison burger was good. The rest was pretty bad. Over priced! 4 and I do mean 4 Potato skins for $8.00.
4 of us ate and 1 out of 4 was just ok. I do hope they step it up or they won't last long. Always nice to have another place to frequent in Ashland. Not sure I will be going back anytime soon. They need more work. I will return after they have been around for awhile to try again. I do think they deserve a chance, but I think they didn't train well enough before opening.
Melinda

Hurricane, WV

#6 Oct 26, 2010
He owned a place out Wayne. It wasn't doing well...then there was a fire...
Not that one

Findlay, OH

#7 Oct 26, 2010
The new restaurant in Ashland is NOT Ted Turner's. His eatery chain is called Ted's Montana Grill and is a very good place to eat. Ashland is a little bit of a small market for one of those to go in here. However, good luck to the new guy! Will have to give it a try sometime!
JMMeee

Chicago, IL

#8 Oct 26, 2010
O don't think they are open yet. The sign still says comming soon out front.
Just saying

Russell, KY

#9 Oct 26, 2010
JMMeee wrote:
O don't think they are open yet. The sign still says comming soon out front.
Yes their open. They opened on Friday.......
Denver Rice

Russell, KY

#10 Nov 13, 2010
I have eaten there two times. Both times were real bad. First time I was served a piece of meat cooked to death. Ordered medium prime rib. They replaced it in a timely manner with a very good prime rib. Second time was a disaster. Ordered 4 meals. Not one order was correct. Ice cold ribs and mashed potatoes. Not just luke warm, Ice Cold! Got Hot wings instead of mild, got barbecue instead of hot and was served three salads after we were served two entrees. One waitress came out with two dinners and screamed, I don't know what to do. D Ray's..... Better tighten up or quit. You are not doing well. I was told by the mgr that it was because they were so busy. Give me a break Ask the Road House how its done.
Miss Molly

Hurricane, WV

#11 Nov 13, 2010
Better yet, ask TED TURNER'S Montana Grill, not these pretenders who stole the name, stole the concept, but forgot to steal the operating manual.

Thieves, they are.

Thieves.
Just a thought

United States

#12 Nov 13, 2010
Denver Rice wrote:
I have eaten there two times. Both times were real bad. First time I was served a piece of meat cooked to death. Ordered medium prime rib. They replaced it in a timely manner with a very good prime rib. Second time was a disaster. Ordered 4 meals. Not one order was correct. Ice cold ribs and mashed potatoes. Not just luke warm, Ice Cold! Got Hot wings instead of mild, got barbecue instead of hot and was served three salads after we were served two entrees. One waitress came out with two dinners and screamed, I don't know what to do. D Ray's..... Better tighten up or quit. You are not doing well. I was told by the mgr that it was because they were so busy. Give me a break Ask the Road House how its done.
I totally agree. I may try it again sometime but not in the very near future. I was told the cooks needed more PRACTICE. Well, they should have had that worked out before they opened. I really don't want someone to PRACTICE on my food order. GET IT RIGHT OR GET OUT !!
Grumpy old man

United States

#13 Nov 14, 2010
Plainly put...... Its a shithole!!!!
Just a thought

Ashland, KY

#14 Nov 14, 2010
Thanks Grumpy... Truth hurts sometimes, but I would think they would listen and make it right....Hope they do. It would be nice to have another good place to go eat a nice meal.
Concerned

Chicago, IL

#15 Nov 15, 2010
D Ray's Montana Grille is a great place to eat. The food is good...and the service is great!!! There may be a few kinks to work out...but over all definitely worth a try! I will certainly be going back!!!
hungry

Novi, MI

#16 Nov 15, 2010
I am from the south and I love me some gator. Does anyone know if the gator here is any good....
JMCC

Richmond, KY

#17 Nov 15, 2010
Went there the other night, very bad time.. our food arrived after 2 hours of waiting for it.. mine was cold, and 2 of the other dinners were over cooked and hard. This is just out of 5 total dinners, the other two were fair. After complaining to the manager, twice.. she stated she would subtract my meal if I promised to come back.. excuse me?? I said well after my treatment, and waiting for two hours for cold food, no I will not be coming back. She got po'd and jerked my plate from the table so hard that the food went flying into the next table, it was ridiculous ! I doubt if I go back, they are extremely over priced and from what I've seen of the food, no way.
diner

AOL

#19 Nov 20, 2010
I ate there and it was okay. The waiter forgot soome of our fool and like mentioned before the food was not hot and the shrooms we cool. I remember when you had to carefully eating shrooms to keep from getting burned. The steak was a ribeye that was mildly warm and really lacked flavor for that cut. I hope they improve. The owner came out and thank us for coming which is a nice touch. The Grand Opening is next week.
Edward

Hurricane, WV

#20 Nov 20, 2010
WOW! So Ted Turner will be here! That's great. Ted NEVER misses the grand opening of a Montana Grill!
None

Richmond, KY

#22 Feb 1, 2011
Well tried this restaurant out for the first time recently. Appetizers were great but for crying out loud I have never eaten at a restaurant that didn't have any ketchup or steak sauce. Baked potato's were obviously fixed earlier today and nuked for our meal. Then no discount on the ticket, didn't ask for one but I shouldn't have to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Ashland Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Have you ever looks at Christmas photos and rea... 15 min Superficial You 6
Stephen Salyers Foundation? 1 hr Justcuriousthatsall 18
Ashland Basketball 1 hr Sports fan 7
Boyd county school won't help cheerleaders with... 2 hr Sports fan 15
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr stray-cat 132,163
tish ross bit ch 3 hr John from Tripoia 2
oak view parent bit ch es 3 hr GREENUP DUDE 2
Ashland Dating
Find my Match