lol

Ashland, KY

#103 Apr 28, 2011
Stephen Jobe, Josh Miller, and Billy Bellomey
Barb

Georgetown, KY

#104 Apr 28, 2011
My husband and I saw Chris Kitchen at the Plaza Hotel a few years ago and it was amazing.He had something that made his guitar sound like other instruments.He explained it all but it was over my head. I must say we don't go to bars so I don't know a lot of these guitar guys.We still listen to Chris's CD.
Awesome

Ashland, KY

#105 Apr 29, 2011
Mike Allan, Chris Kicthen, Phil Osbourne, Rodney Crisp Tom Williams. All have talent, All are the best.
guitarlover

Ashland, KY

#106 May 6, 2012
Saw Chris Kitchen at Calihans last week.The whole crowd was blown away.I am not sure who is the best in Ashland Ky but he is one of the best I have ever seen anywhere.I have lived here 3 years and saw a few bands with very good guitar players.The guitar player for the band at the American Legion is pretty damn good too.Don't know his name tho.I just started playing again after 20 years and will be checking out all the local players.Watching live bands inspires me to practice more.lol
px98g

Ashland, KY

#107 Jul 24, 2012
2 of the best guitar player's in the Tri state will be @ Calihan' s Thursday the 26th.Jazz guitarist Chris Kitchen and National Thumb picking champ Josh Woods.Starts at 5;30 happy hour.Seating is limited. http://m.dailyindependent.com/Independent/db_...
me myself and i

Ironton, OH

#108 Aug 25, 2012
sharing-is-stealing wrote:
Isn't it true that Kitchen is, in fact, banned from playing at the Chimney Corner, and many other venues because he is a thief, who only plays music inspired by other bands, movies, and books?
chris quit playing at the chimney corner because they would no pay the royalties on the songs chris was playing. it is up to the establishment to pay this.

chris is in the musicians union and chris would not do the unethical thing...play others music without paying roayalties.

so he quit.
me myself and i

Ironton, OH

#109 Aug 25, 2012
sister golden hair wrote:
<quoted text> obviously you haven't heard Larry play!!!!
i played with murphy and knew him when jamie haney, denzil smith, bill hughes were first putting zachariah together on prospect avenue. about 1971.

haney was in second grade at crabbe with me when he moved here from wva and he lived across the street from me and we hung out for years.

but mike waas never in the same class as larry collinsworth. not even close.

larry could play things that murphy could only hope to play.

when yes close to the edge came out ???

larry had it figured out and memorized in 3 days!!!!!!!!!!

i believe mike ( and me also ) would still be trying to figure all of it out and then have to remember it.

bill hughes was the best guitar player in the band actually. i really dont know bill very well but heard him play many times. HE WAS THE BASS PLAYER

ronnie gibson is also a great guitar player that nobody has mentioned.

+1 for chris kitchen, josh woods.

ive also known chris going on 35 years and i feel chris is the most complete guitar player in this area and better than most in any area.
DrewH

Ashland, KY

#110 Aug 29, 2012
Chris Kitchen and Rodney Crisp.
Friend of Coal

Port Deposit, MD

#111 Aug 30, 2012
Tommy Holcome, maybe not the best guitar player but one of the most talented performers in the area. he plays guitar very good, and plays bass with his feet and sings at the same time. Lets see the other guys do that.
Rob

Ashland, KY

#112 Aug 31, 2012
Friend of Coal wrote:
Tommy Holcome, maybe not the best guitar player but one of the most talented performers in the area. he plays guitar very good, and plays bass with his feet and sings at the same time. Lets see the other guys do that.
I hear he can also fart "Dixie" at the same time too.
Friend of Coal

Port Deposit, MD

#113 Sep 2, 2012
Hey Rob, I think your right and I bet it smells like your breath.....
Friend of Coal

Port Deposit, MD

#114 Sep 2, 2012
Hey Rob, if he can it would probably smell like your breath....
i know

Ashland, KY

#115 Sep 2, 2012
Robby Abrams The corn bread MAFIA he showed up Chris at Frog town , look him up on facebook he rocks
Robert

Elizabethtown, KY

#116 Sep 3, 2012
Friend of Coal wrote:
Hey Rob, if he can it would probably smell like your breath....
... after eating your wife's pu**y.
bc i know

Richmond, KY

#117 Sep 5, 2012
guitar- Mike Adkins, the Rod-God Crisp and Jason Allen

bass - there is NO ONE better than Ian Nuckols!!
truthhurts

Ashland, KY

#118 Sep 7, 2012
Chris Kitchen,Larry Collingsworth, and Rodney Crisp combined could not shred like Mark Carlisle.He is a ROCK GOD ! Screw the haters ! Never even heard of Kitchen,Collingsworth or Crisp except on topix.Mark Carlisle rules the local guitar scene !
Uncle Charlie

Russell, KY

#119 Sep 7, 2012
Mark Carlisle? WTF is that?
eddie van

Broken Arrow, OK

#120 Sep 8, 2012
Rob Abrams truly the guitar god , if you havent heard him then SHUT UP ,
Mojo man

Ironton, OH

#121 Sep 9, 2012
Buzz "the big dick" Dixon!! The best in the history of local musicians playing for the most popular band in the tristate area! Nationally known world wide mojo king!
http://youtu.be/RkVyh_oORIg
Check out the speed of buzzs magic hands in his new video!
With

Russell, KY

#122 Sep 9, 2012
No wonder theirs no good bands down here you all spend to much time hating each other. No one is the best and it's not a race you should be playing for the love of music and the expression of the soul in instrument that u play.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brandon Taylor 6 min who 2
Sunday morning church 46 min JESUS WINS GO TO ... 14
country cookin restaurant 1 hr customer 47
washland 1 hr bill 1
ymca 1 hr Rrrrrr 8
adderall? 2 hr instant_lunch 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr spaceship 136,185
More from around the web

Ashland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]