What's the best tattoo shop in Ashlan...

What's the best tattoo shop in Ashland KY??

Posted in the Ashland Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
curious

Coal Center, PA

#1 Feb 20, 2011
I'm looking to get a tattoo and haven't been in the area long enough to get acquainted with anyone. I'd like to know some of the best & cleanest shops you've heard of AND which ones to avoid. The quality of the art is important also, I want the best. Thanks in advance!
Moriarty

Rush, KY

#2 Feb 21, 2011
I've heard that Dark Ink Tattoos in Grayson is really great! Supposed to have two excellent artists there.
umm

Richmond, KY

#3 Feb 21, 2011
Bad Buddah in Westwood. They are awsome. Stay away from Tattoos Unlimited, on 60 and in Cattelsburg. Havent heard anything good about them. If you would like a picture of bad buddahs work post your email, and ill send a picture. Bad buddah is awsome though, very clean place and all that. one guy there wont even tat on hands, face, neck, or anywhere that would cause a person to lose a chance at a good job. They are very nice people too.
ashley

United States

#4 Feb 21, 2011
Definitely Bad Buddha..
meaningless

Ashland, KY

#5 Feb 21, 2011
Does bad buddah have some kind of rewards program for referrals or something? Every time anyone asks this question here or on facebook there are immediately a bunch of folks on bad buddah's jock like they're the best. Forget them. Just do some research and decide for yourself. Epicenter or TatNice in Huntington or Grindhouse in Portsmouth. Those are the only 3 shops in this area you'll find anybody in the tattoo industry outside the tristate knows about.
Lkj

White Cloud, MI

#6 Feb 21, 2011
Do those shops have a rewards program? the question is best shop in ashland...and bad buddha is definatly that. Not ricks fault that he's the best artist in the area. But seriously why so many haters??
Humbug

United States

#7 Feb 22, 2011
Dude, I haven't heard much about any other places around here except how great bad buddah is and how horrible tattoos unlimited is. Personally I have been to both I wouldn't even let tattoos unlimited pay me to get a tattoo there, I don't judge my tattoo artist on their personal lives I only judge on cleanliness and how good their artwork is and neither one of those is satisfied at tattoos unlimited but bad buddah is clean their work is awesome and plus all the guys are real super nice out ther
FYI

Fincastle, VA

#8 Feb 22, 2011
meaningless wrote:
Does bad buddah have some kind of rewards program for referrals or something? Every time anyone asks this question here or on facebook there are immediately a bunch of folks on bad buddah's jock like they're the best. Forget them. Just do some research and decide for yourself. Epicenter or TatNice in Huntington or Grindhouse in Portsmouth. Those are the only 3 shops in this area you'll find anybody in the tattoo industry outside the tristate knows about.
It's called having a good reputation and Rick has a great one. Word of mouth is the best form of advertising and for your information Rick has contacts in the tattoo indrusty, as well as clients from outside this country that have made travel plans specifically to come to him for tattoos. You know absolutely nothing about anything...now you do..but hey keep posting about Bad Buddha, it just makes people curious and they come to see for themselves....so you're like free advertising for them too...:))
FYI

Fincastle, VA

#9 Feb 22, 2011
Word correction.....Industry.
old dawg

Louisa, KY

#10 Feb 22, 2011
smalltown tattoo in pikeville is by far the best shop in eastern kentucky. it is well worth the drive.
haha

Richmond, KY

#11 Feb 22, 2011
meaningless wrote:
are you kidding, Epicenter? One of my friends went there, and the guy that did her tat, did a horrible job, her tat was all screwed up, and come to find out, it was like her older sisters ex or something, and somebody told her, he was going around saying he screwed it up on purpose. Not very professional if you ask me.
haha

Richmond, KY

#12 Feb 22, 2011
and also, bad buddha is the place to go! Rick's son, i cant remember his name, did my boyfiriends tat and it was completely awsome work. and he was super nice. I wont go anywhere else except Bad Buddha now!
tattoo lover

Russell, KY

#13 Feb 22, 2011
I would either go to Bad Buddha or Smalltown Tats in pikeville! Smalltown is better, but if you dnt want to drive that far Bad Buddha is really good too! Either way you will be very happy with what ya get!!!
nope

Ashland, KY

#14 Feb 23, 2011
DON'T go to grindhouse in portsmouth, they suck, messed one of mine up. I've seen bad budhas work and wasn't impressed at all. Bloodline in flatwoods is top notch. He has a little bit of a waiting list but it's well worth it.
Honestly

Fincastle, VA

#15 Feb 23, 2011
nope wrote:
DON'T go to grindhouse in portsmouth, they suck, messed one of mine up. I've seen bad budhas work and wasn't impressed at all. Bloodline in flatwoods is top notch. He has a little bit of a waiting list but it's well worth it.
Hahahahahaha....They are called the grindhouse because the tear your skin up so bad its like hamburger when they finish it...I have felt it after its healed...might as well get freakin branded....
Mike

AOL

#16 Apr 18, 2011
The problem is your asking people from ashland who really aren't exposed to much else. I moved here from a much bigger city where it was easy to find a bunch of good artists within a 10-15 min drive. I've checked everyone's work in this area, and without a doubt Tat-Nice in Huntington is the place to go. It's pretty sad that people think Bad Buddha is the best around... he's average at best, check out his work for yourself http://www.myspace.com/inkeffectstattoo/photo...
justsayin

United States

#17 Apr 18, 2011
Nothing wrong with tattoos unlimited. Love mine from there.
nobody

Newburgh, IN

#18 Apr 25, 2011
the best tattoo shop is in huntington wv tat nice tattoos all the ones in ashland suck big time i have a few from that shop mike is correct its insane people think bad buddha is the best most people around here dont know what a good tattoo artist is most people around here think u get good tattoos from some idiot drinking a natural light with a homemade tattoo gun in the garage lol
Tats

Berea, KY

#19 Apr 25, 2011
Mike wrote:
The problem is your asking people from ashland who really aren't exposed to much else. I moved here from a much bigger city where it was easy to find a bunch of good artists within a 10-15 min drive. I've checked everyone's work in this area, and without a doubt Tat-Nice in Huntington is the place to go. It's pretty sad that people think Bad Buddha is the best around... he's average at best, check out his work for yourself http://www.myspace.com/inkeffectstattoo/photo...
Alot of the pics on Big Ricks myspace are from when he first started tattooing. Have u seen his more recent work? Tat nice does do awesome work man but you can't knock big ricks work too. He does a awesome job. I get complements everywhere I go about my Tattoos from Rick.
nobody

Newburgh, IN

#20 Apr 25, 2011
curious wrote:
I'm looking to get a tattoo and haven't been in the area long enough to get acquainted with anyone. I'd like to know some of the best & cleanest shops you've heard of AND which ones to avoid. The quality of the art is important also, I want the best. Thanks in advance!
if you decide on getting one go to tat nice and ask for billy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 21 min umoron 151,667
Heroin bust house, Josh Daniels was there all t... 42 min Donta 5
Pips new boyfriend I am 49 min Brown eye 1
Lisa Nasalrod 1 hr Laughing 10
Jason robbins (Jan '11) 1 hr Truth 5
The Stupid & The Dependent vote Hillary 1 hr The Truth 98
Remember the Clintons STOLE from the White House?? 1 hr The Truth 1
Vote NO for alcohol sales in Boyd!!!!!! 3 hr iknow 129
fairview adminstration 7 hr Duoed 65
fairview board meeting monday 11 hr Smh 30

Ashland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance