opinion

Ironton, OH

#107 Mar 4, 2013
went 2 school with her wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont have to sell myself u stupid @$$ bi$&h, further more you go girl wit your two jobs im sooooooo proud of you & last but not least i dont get welfare & you prob one of the ones we talkin about........
You know she is!!!lol
exactly

United States

#108 Mar 4, 2013
For decades its been like this & most places print it on the receipt, if you can go out to eat you can afford to tip, if not take your scummy butt to taco bell, cuz scummy peoe are the only people that expect somethin for nothin....... See if i run my @$$ off for you & who ever is with you with a smile on my face thats more then what you got when you went to the mall & spent that $300 & then stiffed a server on their tip..... If you ask me everyone should have to serve then youd k.ow what im talkin about
idiots abound

Portsmouth, OH

#109 Mar 4, 2013
If you want to go have a nice meal and you're too cheap to tip, order carry out, serve it to yourself at home and clean up the mess yourself!!!

And no, I've never worked as a waitress. I was raised with manners and common decency. It's sad that when we head down south to restaurants and find out that so few people from this region actually tip at all. It's embarrassing that people aren't smart enough to understand it. Ironically, it always ends up being the folks who whine the most, send food back, and are rude from the get go that don't tip. Most won't even have sense enough to tip a couple bucks at the hog troughs (buffets).

Similar to the culture this government has fostered. Let me sit on my ass and have everything handed to me but don't expect me to pay the going rate if anything at all!
Maritalized

United States

#110 Mar 4, 2013
exactly wrote:
For decades its been like this & most places print it on the receipt, if you can go out to eat you can afford to tip, if not take your scummy butt to taco bell, cuz scummy peoe are the only people that expect somethin for nothin....... See if i run my @$$ off for you & who ever is with you with a smile on my face thats more then what you got when you went to the mall & spent that $300 & then stiffed a server on their tip..... If you ask me everyone should have to serve then youd k.ow what im talkin about
And here we have the epitome of the "I'm here to do you a big favor for a price" mentality. Do your job my friend and you might get that "gratuity". Let me even smell the aforementioned attitude coming from you and you will not only get no tip...but I will ask for the manager.

I've served before in my life and was very good at it. I knew how to work the clientele. Even now, if I came to your restaurant, you would think me a friend in just a few seconds. Learn that skill and you will go far in life not just the service industry. Live like you sound in the previous post, with a chip on your shoulder and the idea that we owe you for deigning to bring us a meal, and you will find life much harder.
exactly

United States

#111 Mar 4, 2013
Maritalized wrote:
<quoted text>
And here we have the epitome of the "I'm here to do you a big favor for a price" mentality. Do your job my friend and you might get that "gratuity". Let me even smell the aforementioned attitude coming from you and you will not only get no tip...but I will ask for the manager.
I've served before in my life and was very good at it. I knew how to work the clientele. Even now, if I came to your restaurant, you would think me a friend in just a few seconds. Learn that skill and you will go far in life not just the service industry. Live like you sound in the previous post, with a chip on your shoulder and the idea that we owe you for deigning to bring us a meal, and you will find life much harder.
Take ur preachin to church my friend......... & ive served myself for years as well......... & as for u owing me somethin, u laready comin in tbe restaurant knowin it aint burger king, so if you dont like it my friend keep goin thru the drive thrus........(:
exactly

United States

#112 Mar 4, 2013
idiots abound wrote:
If you want to go have a nice meal and you're too cheap to tip, order carry out, serve it to yourself at home and clean up the mess yourself!!!
And no, I've never worked as a waitress. I was raised with manners and common decency. It's sad that when we head down south to restaurants and find out that so few people from this region actually tip at all. It's embarrassing that people aren't smart enough to understand it. Ironically, it always ends up being the folks who whine the most, send food back, and are rude from the get go that don't tip. Most won't even have sense enough to tip a couple bucks at the hog troughs (buffets).
Similar to the culture this government has fostered. Let me sit on my ass and have everything handed to me but don't expect me to pay the going rate if anything at all!
My thoughts exactly, & thank you for what you said.....honey ive had them come in & get a $80 meal for free because they've complained so much & its always the same ones, & get a free meal then either leave me nothin or $5 thats a slap in the face to me!!!! If that woulda been me I'd left at leaset $10 or $15..... Folks round here are tacky & need to stay at drive thru restaraunts since they dont think they should have to tip us!!!! When me & a group of friends go out we leave between $4-$5 a piece so thats ateast a $20, your supposed to tip not only a percentage of your bill but per people as well.....
exactly

United States

#113 Mar 4, 2013
Maritalized wrote:
<quoted text>
& with that attitude you've got let me not see you again cuz who knows what can happen to your drink or your food, on accident of course ( ;
opinion

Ironton, OH

#114 Mar 5, 2013
These people are crazy if they think complaining gets a server fired. In 30yrs I saw one person get fired because of a complaint and that was only because she refused to apologize to the manager. Hilarious!!
Maritalized

United States

#115 Mar 5, 2013
exactly wrote:
<quoted text>& with that attitude you've got let me not see you again cuz who knows what can happen to your drink or your food, on accident of course ( ;
So, just to sum up...
The unwritten tipping law you follow basically says I have to not only tip a percentage but also per person? And if I don't, the next time I visit your establishment you might do something to my food or drink. And all of this because you might have to carry extra napkins and extra crackers in addition to the food you are paid to deliver?

Class act my friend. I'm sure you can look forward to a long career in the service industry.:)

As to my particulars...as I said before, I learned a long time ago how to treat people and you would never even know I felt the way I do. Whether I tip or not!
exactly

United States

#116 Mar 5, 2013
Maritalized wrote:
<quoted text>
So, just to sum up...
The unwritten tipping law you follow basically says I have to not only tip a percentage but also per person? And if I don't, the next time I visit your establishment you might do something to my food or drink. And all of this because you might have to carry extra napkins and extra crackers in addition to the food you are paid to deliver?
Class act my friend. I'm sure you can look forward to a long career in the service industry.:)
As to my particulars...as I said before, I learned a long time ago how to treat people and you would never even know I felt the way I do. Whether I tip or not!
You know what thats exactly what the hell im sayin your gona give a $5 tip for 10 damdam$ people, your one of the tasteless people that need to be running thru drive thrus that way you dont have to give your $1.00 tip, now quit wasting my fuck$&$ time & hop off to your 2 jobs you claim you have, i dont respond to stupidity & appardntly u need to add a tip calculator yo your phone that ask how many people & the total tip....... Loose
opinion

Ironton, OH

#117 Mar 5, 2013
Actually a manager will come to a table and act sincere when there's a problem. Then they come to the back and laugh and cuss you.
cheapskatessuck

Alexandria, VA

#118 Mar 5, 2013
As far as tipping goes, no it is not required, but it is greatly appreciated. I am a server and I do my best to provide a great dinning experience to all of my customers. In return, I have many regulars that will sit in my section no matter where I am at in the restaurant. If a server is not up to par and doesn't get your refills in a timely fashion, or you have to ask for them, or just isn't doing a good job, of course that persons tip shouldn't be as good as it would for a server on their game. However, I also think if you don't have the money to leave the server a tip based on their service, you should go somewhere a tip isn't expected.
Maritalized

Chicago, IL

#119 Mar 5, 2013
exactly wrote:
<quoted text>You know what thats exactly what the hell im sayin your gona give a $5 tip for 10 damdam$ people, your one of the tasteless people that need to be running thru drive thrus that way you dont have to give your $1.00 tip, now quit wasting my fuck$&$ time & hop off to your 2 jobs you claim you have, i dont respond to stupidity & appardntly u need to add a tip calculator yo your phone that ask how many people & the total tip....... Loose
Maybe you misunderstood. I never claimed to have two jobs. In my life i have climbed many rungs on the career ladder. Some of them good, some not so good. Each taught me a lesson for the next. You are apparently frustrated and have declared the rest of us (your customers) as responsible for your unhappiness because we refuse to offer you a little additional money to offset your wages.

As I said in my first post, I tip based on the service I receive, not some antiquated noblesse oblige or self-serving, blue collar, working class formula. Since I am not wealthy I don't accept the former, and since I worked hard for what I have, I see no reason to abet those that would claim entitlement to what is mine simply by virtue of my choice of eatery!

Lastly, the airing and weighing of opposing points of view is always of value. It is never a waste of your time. Even if we don't agree, I have found your attitude "enlightening."

Got to get back to work!
idiots abound

United States

#120 Mar 5, 2013
Great, a pseudo educated tightwad....

making excuses for his lack of class.
Maritalized

Chicago, IL

#121 Mar 5, 2013
idiots abound wrote:
Great, a pseudo educated tightwad....

making excuses for his lack of class.
Ah, the searing logic and cogent argument of the Topix provocateur! Always welcome!
LILO

Richmond, VA

#122 Mar 5, 2013
Like I stated earlier, my mom worked as a waitress a lot when I was growing up.I always tip now if you are purposely trying to ignore me or not wait on me,I leave.I think the managers would act like they were 'taking' care of it, but who wants yo be short handed? So I leave .
Oh my

Ironton, OH

#123 Mar 5, 2013
Maritalized wrote:
<quoted text>
I've served before in my life and was very good at it. I knew how to work the clientele. Even now, if I came to your restaurant, you would think me a friend in just a few seconds. Learn that skill and you will go far in life not just the service industry. Live like you sound in the previous post, with a chip on your shoulder and th
e idea that we owe you for deigning to bring us a meal, and you will find life much harder.
You, sir, are an idiot.
It's impossible to use logic with people like you.
Let me guess, you're also one of this classy town's "Christians"??
Church people are BY FAR the worst people in the world to wait on, which is irony at its finest,
LILO

Richmond, VA

#124 Mar 5, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
You, sir, are an idiot.
Church people are BY FAR the worst people in the world to wait on, which is irony at its finest,
I hate to say this,but I am a Christian and I have heard about workers dreading Sunday,because the church crowd were the cheapest self serving of anyone. I Wish I could apologize for us all.try to remember some of us see you as a person,not an underling
opinion

Ironton, OH

#125 Mar 5, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
You, sir, are an idiot.
Thank you!!
eeekkkk

Hurricane, WV

#126 Mar 5, 2013
opinion wrote:
<quoted text>You know she is!!!lol
you both sound like cracked out herpie lipped skanks...thats why ur not getting tips!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Ashland Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Kevin Daniels RIP 1 hr Adam 3
Barbara "LeeAnn" Bradley Adkins 4 hr cburgboy 4
girls that like bi guys (Mar '11) 5 hr Jerry Gene 137
holiday helper!! 6 hr Sngl Momma 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr they 131,618
The Independent 7 hr PPP 6
Injuns in Ashland 8 hr wildcat 16
Ashland Dating
Find my Match