Since: Dec 12

And Place It On Your Forehead

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

I am being serious and I hope somebody can help me out with this. Why don't people leave their little babies at church door steps. I mean the church people could raise them and the baby wouldn't get caught up in the system. I know if I ever have a child and I cannot handle it (God Forbid) I will leave it on the church door steps because I know it will be taken care of by good people. But why have people quit doing this as much?
Uncle Cracker

Ironton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Kellie Stakes wrote:
I am being serious and I hope somebody can help me out with this. Why don't people leave their little babies at church door steps. I mean the church people could raise them and the baby wouldn't get caught up in the system. I know if I ever have a child and I cannot handle it (God Forbid) I will leave it on the church door steps because I know it will be taken care of by good people. But why have people quit doing this as much?
Mostly because church people eat children, is the reason that babies, a delicacy at some churches, are not left there anymore.
Illegal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Kellie Stakes wrote:
Several women have been sent to prison for it here. It is better to drown it in the river than to leave it at a Church or Fire Station.
Happy

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Churches are not considered safe havens because not all churches are manned 24/7. However, fire stations, police stations and hospitals that are manned 24/7 are considered safe havens.
what

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

Judged:

well the way i see it is if you dont want kids, there is birth control and other things out there or make the guy wear a condom... I have 3 kids of my own and wouldnt dear to do something like this. that is what's wrong with the world today everybody wants to party and play and have fun but doesnt want to pay for what they have done.... ppl make me sick..
i no you

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2012

the dad are shit the mom are hole just use the kids to get a check to buy there pills and take care the shiteating dad.
helpfindher

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

what wrote:
well the way i see it is if you dont want kids, there is birth control and other things out there or make the guy wear a condom... I have 3 kids of my own and wouldnt dear to do something like this. that is what's wrong with the world today everybody wants to party and play and have fun but doesnt want to pay for what they have done.... ppl make me sick..
u r rt people.are sick.i am a single mom no government.help nothing i work everyday i made him.i will raise him people stick.there hands out for help people need to turn the begging hands n to working hands
Punishment

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

Anyone who tries to give up their kid like this should be forced to raise it and adopt another as punishment!

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

Punishment wrote:
Anyone who tries to give up their kid like this should be forced to raise it and adopt another as punishment!
You'd rather they throw them in a dumpster or he river? That is why the safe-haven laws were enacted, because people were doing just that.
nice

Russell, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 3, 2013

what wrote:
Um. maybe you're the one who is sick. You just called your children consequences.
it's illegal

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Kellie Stakes wrote:
Mothers who can’t care for their newborns can leave them with a qualified person at a hospital or fire station and not be criminally liable.

And the qualified recipient should attempt to protect the anonymity of the parent.

An “appropriate location” is the emergency department of a hospital licensed under RCW chapter 70.41 during the hours of hospital operation or a fire station during its hours of operation and while fire personnel are present.

“Qualified person” means any person that the parent transferring the newborn reasonably believes is a bona fide employee, volunteer, or medical staff member of the hospital and who represents to the parent transferring the newborn that he or she can and will summon appropriate resources to meet the newborn’s immediate needs or a firefighter, volunteer, or emergency medical technician at a fire station who represents to the parent transferring the newborn that he or she can and will summon appropriate resources to meet the newborn’s immediate needs.

Once a newborn is left at a hospital or fire station, the child becomes the responsibility of the state.

By dropping off a newborn at a church a class C felony is committed.
it's illegal

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

I don't know why it changed apostrophes and quotation marks to accented letters

“Catch A Bright Star”

Since: Dec 12

And Place It On Your Forehead

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Because you copied and pasted it![QUOTE who="it's illegal"]I don't know why it changed apostrophes and quotation marks to accented letters[/QUOTE]

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

125 Users are viewing the Ashland Forum right now

Search the Ashland Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Get the Ashland Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 min Khatru 127,824
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 8 min Anne 52 81,542
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 39 min huu 144,635
Tammy Hicks Grant 50 min playful 33
my dads pizza employee 1 hr really 2
Shriners/masons What do you know (Dec '10) 1 hr looking for answers 86
AK steel security guard job 1 hr friend 14
•••
•••
•••
•••

Ashland Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••