Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
57,521 - 57,540 of 81,569 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
I haven't seen any "credible links", not on THIS post, not on THIS topic. All of them are about earthquakes, and things unrelated to this topic. The copy and paste about NON-RELATED topics IS DUMB!
Yep, dumber than a sack of furballs coughed up by an old tom cat.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

qwerty wrote:
You'll be happiest today if you can concentrate on the bird activities and birds that you truly value. For instance, you might want to see someone who always makes you feel glad to be alive, or you could find the time for a bird hobby. It's a good day to go shopping but you'll be more concerned with getting good quality bird than with how much something costs.
I have one very particular bird I'm fond of. It's my parrot, LOL! The ones who are most likely to make me glad I'm alive WOULD absolutely be my hoard of loving critters, hehe. Even the chickens are spoiled beyond help... My dogs don't take their eyes off of me unless they're snoozing happily at my feet.

Even the felines are quite happy. Their belly's stay full enough that rarely do I find a "gift" as my doorstep.
(For that, I'm extremely thankful).

I'm not so much of a shopper though. Don't really need that much to survive on. I'm not very "materialistic" when it comes to having the "very best" of everything. As long as I have what I need, I have the ability to keep myself and my surroundings clean and orderly, and my animals are fed well, then I'm content.

I'm good to go!! I call being able to accomplish those feats a true blessing.
who

Scottsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Jerry wrote:
Who cares??
NO!

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

@Nope what kind of dogs do you have?
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Wow, I was going to respond to your post LSD923 and when I hit post it sent me back to this page without your post and the ones Unabomber is slamming me with lies. Thanks for defending me. It has been the fake Abeliever (his minion) that has been foul and luckily the MODS know who's ip that is, not mine. We loved the picture of your little princess. I guess the MODS are really on this thread thick and heavy. I am happy. That troll is obsessed with me, AW, OJG, and Hempburn. Mostly AW and me. I am glad they are removing them and the FAKE Abeliever he was describing. Lots of posts removed every day. Not like when we were all having decent discussions last year. Hope you are having a great day!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

post are being deleted faster than i can be read them. 63490-63494

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Tim Boomhauer wrote:
@Nope what kind of dogs do you have?
Big dogs. Also well trained and obedient. I can't put any more than that on here. They're not a very common breed. They are well distinguishable and I don't want anyone to know how to find me.

Idiots abound on this web site and you have to sometimes wonder if a stalker you've got nipping at your tail end might just be an up close text book case. I don't want my animals hurt simply because someone doesn't like what my opinions are.

Sad world we live in. I wish I could tell you what they all are. They have a bad rap for being hard to train, but I have had great luck with how I condition my dogs..

(By the way, they're all rescues from very abusive situations. So they were quite "broken" before I got them. They're very well adjusted now. Great guard dogs and are very obedient companions who also tolerate the rest of the menagerie quite well. This house is akin to Noah's Ark, hehe. No one squabbles. No one)...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

I had a feeling something up there would come down.

DON'T HIT THAT REPLY BUTTON IF THERE IS EVEN SLIGHT A CHANCE SOMETHING YOU'RE REPLYING TO MIGHT COME DOWN!!

It appears we're still being watched closed. Or the ones who've been flagged are.... Food for thought!!!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, dumber than a sack of furballs coughed up by an old tom cat.
I wish they could come up with an ORIGINAL idea. Copy and paste more or less means they have nothing going on in their empty heads.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Tim Boomhauer wrote:
post are being deleted faster than i can be read them. 63490-63494
You are right Tim. Guess we know who and why. It also presents to all who the real trolls are. I was responding to LSD23 who was defending me to the unabomber troll since he is one of the regular posters from last year and knows better of my posts. They are just ate up with this thread and can't stand people having a decent conversation without them trashing them. Wonder where are wise one is today. Hope you two get together soon. He enjoys his outings. We all email each other since becoming topix friends last year.:)

Hope you are having a great day!

Posts removed so far today:

hahaha, Loving the MODS taking out the trash!!!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Just thought I would break the tension with a Moment of Zen....

http://www.panoramio.com/photo_explorer#view=...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

@ Nope I have a Beagle 2 1/2 years old we rasied from a pup, shes our baby girl, a mixed dog out side that I rescued on the side of the road, with a sister (deceased), as a pup. Shes 11 and a great dog. And about 2 months ago I rescued a terrier off the south bound lane of us 27. She had a hard life, eat up with flees and ticks, the vet said she was a year old.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Yes, they are. Most of what they are removing is that earthquake and copy and paste garbage. Good for them!!
percy

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

percy wrote:
Any big brother agents here today?:( I have a question if you'd be kind enough to show proof that you're on my side...
ok guess you're not here. Something is very wrong with the way someone is acting & I need to know if u are still here. You know the seriousness of what I'm referring to.?????? Any of you?? I understand the big brother agent meaning now, I think. But thought u were someone else (mean) until today.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right Tim. Guess we know who and why. It also presents to all who the real trolls are. I was responding to LSD23 who was defending me to the unabomber troll since he is one of the regular posters from last year and knows better of my posts. They are just ate up with this thread and can't stand people having a decent conversation without them trashing them. Wonder where are wise one is today. Hope you two get together soon. He enjoys his outings. We all email each other since becoming topix friends last year.:)
Hope you are having a great day!
Posts removed so far today:
hahaha, Loving the MODS taking out the trash!!!
Hi, and You have a great day too.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Tim Boomhauer wrote:
@ Nope I have a Beagle 2 1/2 years old we rasied from a pup, shes our baby girl, a mixed dog out side that I rescued on the side of the road, with a sister (deceased), as a pup. Shes 11 and a great dog. And about 2 months ago I rescued a terrier off the south bound lane of us 27. She had a hard life, eat up with flees and ticks, the vet said she was a year old.
Bless your heart! I appreciate hearing other people talking about how rescued critters come into their lives! It makes me so happy to know that there are still some very good humans out there. Don't you start to feel like a minority after a while? So many people could care less about an animals feelings, even domestics.

Yesterday I spoke on here of a planned road trip that will (sadly) have to take place when my current critters cross over the Rainbow Bridge. I was thinking this morning about how the Lord seems to send me these precious little souls. I never search them out. Somehow, they seem to find ME. I half suspect that my life will continue to be the "lost and found" for poor, abused little creatures. Perhaps my road trip will never come about.... But in reality, I guess that would be blessings continued...

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>I wish they could come up with an ORIGINAL idea. Copy and paste more or less means they have nothing going on in their empty heads.
That's for sure. It's sad when they have an empty head and no intellect. They have to copycat someone elses work.
Light

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

percy wrote:
<quoted text>ok guess you're not here. Something is very wrong with the way someone is acting & I need to know if u are still here. You know the seriousness of what I'm referring to.?????? Any of you?? I understand the big brother agent meaning now, I think. But thought u were someone else (mean) until today.
dont worry we have it under control.he might not even know like so many others, or might not be interested.he got the message.thats about all we can do.prepare, a storm is coming.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Good afternoon, everyone! I just finished reading the posts placed after I left yesterday for my ride.(Which by the way was astounding). Nice to read that we have so many riders in here! Who'd of thunk it??? Very refreshing to be in a thread where we're not bashed and called misfits, criminals, and/or the scourge of society.
Nice GodVine posts, "Abeliever". I was astonished by the dragonfly info. I always considered dragon flies to be somewhat mystical. It's the way the hover, the way the perch nearby to study YOU while you're studying THEM. But it also got me pondering on the insects that I've not seen yet on my slice of heaven this year.
Not so many butterflies. No grasshoppers as of yet. No large moths like I'm used to see flying around my outside pole light. Not even honeybees. I have a large patch of clover in the back yard a ways, and usually I have to watch where I step to get from being stung. Not ONE was seen this morning. Odd that I'd not noticed it so far this summer..... Hope this doesn't mean that the "balance" of nature has gone off the scales.
I still have an over abundance of lightning bugs, which is kind of odd. They're common here, but not so much so to account for what I'm seeing. It's the profuse amount that I see every night that's mind boggling..
Oh well. Hopefully the normal quota of insects will return soon. I just find it bizarre and thought I'd share. I live in the woods, and for me not to be seeing what I have taken for granted in the recent past? Well, it IS really odd.
Thunder is in the distance, and I love a thunderstorm. It's going to be a relaxing day around the NOPE household. A relaxing and lazy one, lol.
Glad you had a nice ride. They are so refreshing and clears all the stresses of the day. I miss that.

The video on the dragonfly was interesting. They are a mystical kind of insect, but to be able to hand feed one to keep it alive is amazing. We have discussed the lack of grasshoppers, honey bees, insects and hummingbirds that we all have obviously taken for granted and now miss. Must be the balance of nature being affected by all that we do, plus the Earth/space events i.e earthquakes (methane gas), solar flares, etc..oil spill. That is one good thing about this thread, we can check in with others in different areas to see what is going on in their neck of the woods. Some don't see the significance of all the postings because they didn't stick with this thread or just started it. We discussed many theories when the birds dropped dead and animals/fish etc were turning up in droves dead for no apparent reason. Plus, we do live in the Madrid Fault zone that just passed it's 200 yr anniversary. Some people don't get that and I really don't care. I've posted it since last year and post it for the ones I call regulars and decent posters. It is easy for those who don't want to read it or understand it's significance to just scroll past it like I do all the trashy remarks. Got dark clouds and thunder, but no rain.:( Maybe the lack of rain and the soaring temps have something to do with the imbalance of nature. It doesn't hurt to stay informed and pay attention.
percy

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Something's seriously wrong. The things being done & said are very scary. I didn't understand what's been going on for a long time now. Now I'm starting to understand more I think? u have to send someone!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

41 Users are viewing the Ashland Forum right now

Search the Ashland Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Get the Ashland Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Le Jimbo 146,188
I'm so Ashland ..... 51 min Old day 23
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 58 min oscar 16,116
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr jamie 128,588
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr terri 26,184
ken hart 1 hr Not true 4
Mark Noe 1 hr NC Bound 1
Cracker Barrel coming to town - FINALLY (Aug '13) 1 hr Nox Aeterna 27
Westwood Female Obesity 2 hr Luther 49
goodbye AK STEEL 6 hr maybe 15
KFC owners...The "Knipps"..... (Jan '11) 11 hr Doug Knipp 127
•••
•••
•••
Ashland Dating