boyd county detention center

Posted in the Ashland Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
wondering

Ashland, KY

#1 Jan 12, 2013
What's everyone opinion on this place???
Seen it

United States

#2 Jan 12, 2013
Its horrible! They treat the women horrible in there, they dont give personal items when needed etc..its dirty and the food is just something you wouldnt feed a dog! They can buy food but a 25 cent bag of chips is 1.25 a dollar shampoo is 3 dollars etc, its infected with mrsa everywhere, place needs shut down!
laura

Russell, KY

#3 Jan 12, 2013
i agree with Seen it....i was in there 4 two months not a few weeks ago! it is H*ll in that place
wondering

Ashland, KY

#4 Jan 12, 2013
I've heard it was real bad maybe someone should call on that place
Manta

United States

#5 Jan 12, 2013
Really the jails around here suck . Why don't you live in a house .
Oh yea

Bronx, NY

#6 Jan 12, 2013
Don't do the crime and you won't have to do the time. You go out and steal or do drugs and think your going to get to stay somewhere that treats you like a citizen is crazy.
oh really

Ashland, KY

#7 Jan 12, 2013
yeah that place is crazy... and the jailor Joe Burchett is a real quack.. he doesnt need to be at that job because he doesnt know how to run the place the guards run it... and yeah the food is nasty and a dog wouldnt eat it..

Since: Jan 13

wurtland Ky

#8 Jan 12, 2013
Well don't do nothing to get put in there and in 5 years time that place won't even cross your mind!!!
Manta

Plainfield, NJ

#9 Jan 12, 2013
So if you go back to jail ,pack a lunch .

“Use your real names cowards ”

Ashland, Ky

#10 Jan 12, 2013
Just stay out of Jail idiots don't be a criminal and you wont get treated like one!!!!! You break the laws and expect to be treated like those who don't and have the luxuries that regular hard working law abiding citizens do are you serious? GROW-UP and yes im not a coward like some I post my name not a B.S. name so you dont know who i am.
laura

Russell, KY

#11 Jan 12, 2013
people make mistakes buddy! just sayin-not everyone is so Perfect like you Josh Hughes! and this is my real name 2.
Abc

Broken Arrow, OK

#12 Jan 12, 2013
It's jail not motel 6! Don't break the law and u won't have to worry about it

Ashland, Ky

#13 Jan 12, 2013
Yes people do make mistakes Laura but you dont go to jail on your first mistake it takes more then that unless you commit a felony right off the bat and if you did then you should do time but keep in mind if jail was fun and comfortable then it wouldnt be jail now would it so stay out of trouble and by the way I never once said i was perfect but thanks for the compliment. sorry you are offended that I speak the truth.
Anonymous

Russell, KY

#14 Jan 12, 2013
im not offended in any way...and yea i made a mistake and got put in there and I learned from the mistake and if others had any sense that has been there they would learn and never go back!
john

United States

#15 Jan 12, 2013
Joe Burchett smokes Meth!!!

Ashland, Ky

#16 Jan 12, 2013
Well thats the main thing you learned from your mistakes because nobody wants to take a vacation in jail its no treat all jails suck.
opinion

Russell, KY

#17 Jan 12, 2013
wondering wrote:
What's everyone opinion on this place???
election time well tell how bad it is
Seen it

United States

#18 Jan 12, 2013
Some of us have loved ones in there that are being treated badly! No matter what you do you still should not have to be put in conditions like that place! What if it was your loved ones?
Lady

Ironton, OH

#19 Jan 12, 2013
Well I have never been in jail , no one in my family has ever been in jail, but I wouldn't expect it to be a good place. Are families allowed to give inmates the personal items instead of buying it there? It is not cheap to house inmates so who should have to provide stuff for them? There r people locked up over and over so apparently it isn't bad enough to deter crimes. Bottom line is don't do anything to have to go there!
Really

Ashland, KY

#20 Jan 12, 2013
No you can't give them anything! All you can do is put money on their books and even if you do that the jail takes 1/2 of that then when they do buy what they need they get taxed! I have never been to jail but I do have someone I really love in there! I do think it shouldn't be fun but being cold and the food being nasty is a little much!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
adam salyers and april??? (Mar '14) 9 min Tabbycat 12
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 32 min Father Patrick 133,244
drug dealer (Oct '10) 1 hr gethimoffthestreets 17
Justin Justice and Johnathan Perrock (Nov '11) 1 hr Haha 20
BEST ASHLAND TOMCAT Football Player!!!! (May '11) 2 hr donkykong 9
Bellefonte Country Club 3 hr Huh 39
Autism (Jan '11) 3 hr Anita 26
Ashland Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Ashland People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]