KDMC nurse are idiots/think respirato...

KDMC nurse are idiots/think respiratory therapists are their slaves.

Posted in the Ashland Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
sick of it

Berea, KY

#1 Jun 11, 2009
the ICU nurses are pretty good. Some of them think you are at their beck and call. Their patient is the most important. The worst is same day surgery. They think that breathing treatments solve EVERYTHING. Idiots. They also only care about what they want. We could be in a code and they think a breathing treatment is more important. Guess what breathing treatments are for? Wheezing! Get that? That is ALL. The docs order so much unnecassary stuff to make money, it's sick.
So if a nurse doesn't want to deal with a patient who is 10 feet from them, they will call respiratory, who could be anywhere in the hospital doing another nurses bidding, to come give a treatmentl. Lazy ass bitches. The director, Debbie, is no better, she lets this continue so she can make money.
rnsuck

Berea, KY

#2 Jun 11, 2009
yeah and when their oxygen is low, call for a breathing treatment instead of doing your job
dee

Grayson, KY

#3 Jun 11, 2009
I think all of the respiratory therapy department is a joke. You want to find some of the biggest bitches just go to the pulmonary department.
i mean really

Greenup, KY

#4 Jun 11, 2009
i went in there for an anal tear i recieved from a kitchen appliance and they gave me a breathing treatment! idiots. it was my butt hurtin not my lungs
rnsuck

Berea, KY

#5 Jun 12, 2009
Yeah they are such a joke that the nurses speed dial them any time a patient looks crossed at them. They couldn't get through a day without us. They sit on their fat asses right there at the nurses station while respiratory is running all over the hospital to do the nurses jobs. We need some educated nurses at KDMC
So true

Berea, KY

#6 Jun 12, 2009
i mean really wrote:
i went in there for an anal tear i recieved from a kitchen appliance and they gave me a breathing treatment! idiots. it was my butt hurtin not my lungs
Yeah, you go in for ANYTHING and you get a breathing treatment. They don't know what to do with the patient so call respiratory
Funny Girl

Newburgh, IN

#7 Jul 12, 2009
Debbie in Resp. is lazy and so is Debbie Newsome in Open Heart. She is to busy with her door being locked for some reason!! Huh? Maybe someone should look into it!
yooflungpoo

Houston, TX

#8 Jul 12, 2009
soooooo what yer saying is...you'd rather be sitting on YOUR dead asses.

and "i mean really"...what were you doing?..trying to toss yer salad with the food processor?

and "funny" girl...I have an enlarged penis and you look like you could use some "breathing" treatments...we can lock your door.
talk2me

Ashland, KY

#9 Jul 12, 2009
i mean really wrote:
OK out of curiosity, how do you get an anal tear from a kitchen appliance.....just askin???
lazynurse

Berea, KY

#10 Jul 28, 2009
rnsuck wrote:
Yeah they are such a joke that the nurses speed dial them any time a patient looks crossed at them. They couldn't get through a day without us. They sit on their fat asses right there at the nurses station while respiratory is running all over the hospital to do the nurses jobs. We need some educated nurses at KDMC
If we're not doing our job,could you please tell us what your job consist of?
yooflungpoo

Houston, TX

#11 Jul 30, 2009
sounds like rnsucks is either jealous or too stupid to get a nurse's degree.
home

United States

#12 Jul 31, 2009
Fred Jackson needs to clean house at the whore house! I am sick of hearing how nobody can be faithful over at that hospital. Lets take a poll and see how many divorced people there are that work there and has got a divorce since they started there? Watch out people this could be scary!!!! I think all of the people in Open Heart are a little to close for comfort if you know what I mean. And, the guy with the kitchen appliance... Very Interesting!!!!
Funny Girl

Ashland, KY

#13 Aug 4, 2009
I agree with you about the open heart team being to close. I hear there have been sereral dating each other and some already divorced.
Disappointed

Ashland, KY

#14 Aug 5, 2009
Whoever started this post is an embarrassment to any department. I do not work at KDMC so I can't say you are right of wrong but to choose to go to this forum and say that stuff about co-workers make me wonder what type of person is giving care to patients. Problems need to be addressed to your supervisor or file a problem report if you feel someone is not looking out for the best interest of the patients. If you were just venting after a bad day I can understand but it still is not very professional.
alicia

Langley, KY

#15 Aug 12, 2009
Funny Girl wrote:
Debbie in Resp. is lazy and so is Debbie Newsome in Open Heart. She is to busy with her door being locked for some reason!! Huh? Maybe someone should look into it!
Someone could get her boyfriend the resp. therapist to open the door, he has the key.

Since: Aug 09

United States

#16 Aug 13, 2009
Wow.....all this excitement over a locked door? And grouping all CVOR employees into one group of "too close". I'll give you all the speech my mom gave me when I was oh, say 10 years old..... Life is about choices. If u don't like your life, job, whatever, do everyone a favor and don't complain about it. Make a choice and change it. I know for a fact that the CVOR ppl work LONG hours as a team. They are a very close unit. Just the kind of close unit I would want working on me if the need arose. As for infidelity, they are all consenting adults. There are as many God-fearing, happily married people that are there too....
nurse at kdmc

AOL

#17 Oct 11, 2009
As a nurse at KDMC, I myself often call upon our Resp. therapist, because I trust them with my patients, I do not call on them to do my job because I am lazy or unable to care for my patient, but I feel like we have good therapist and I trust them with my patients 100%, so when a patient doesn't look right to me and I am having problems keeping their sats up, I rely on our Resp. people to come and assess them for me and once they give me their opinion of the situation, it helps me to give better care for my patients, by having our respiratory people come in also calms the anxiety the patient or their family maybe having. In my opinion it is considered a team effort for good patient care.
do YOUR JOB

South Point, OH

#18 Oct 11, 2009
what a bunch of drama! get a life people...this is a HOSPITAL.....take your personal business down the street to the bars. this hospital and town is 100 percent pathetic!!!!!!
ProudRNKDMC

Ashland, KY

#19 Oct 11, 2009
sick of it wrote:
the ICU nurses are pretty good. Some of them think you are at their beck and call. Their patient is the most important. The worst is same day surgery. They think that breathing treatments solve EVERYTHING. Idiots. They also only care about what they want. We could be in a code and they think a breathing treatment is more important. Guess what breathing treatments are for? Wheezing! Get that? That is ALL. The docs order so much unnecassary stuff to make money, it's sick.
So if a nurse doesn't want to deal with a patient who is 10 feet from them, they will call respiratory, who could be anywhere in the hospital doing another nurses bidding, to come give a treatmentl. Lazy ass bitches. The director, Debbie, is no better, she lets this continue so she can make money.
Hey I am a nurse at KD and I dont agree.. I know most of the resp ppl and I really like them. But I wouldnt call you all unless my pt requested at treatment. I dont really know what you are gonna do for my pt other than that. Unless there is a code the scope of practice is limited!If my pr is wheezing that means the airway is constriced and they need something to open that up to relieve them. All I can do is bump up the O2 a little and let them use their inhaled meds. We call you for the pt. Not just b/c we wanna bug you all. If I could I would do the txs myself. Also when we are sitting at the desk we are charting. Which we have to do ALOT of that you all dont. I am sure that its stressfull to be running all over the hospital giving txs but you should have thought of that before choosing resp.
futurenurse

Ashland, KY

#21 Oct 22, 2009
I currently work at KDMC and am starting nursing school in the spring. In the department I am in now, I am all over the hospital (including HVC) and have a lot of conversations with the nurses. I also watch them daily. I was undecided on nursing until I came to KDMC to work and saw the dedication that ALL the nurses have here. Everyone has a bad day every now and then, and being a nurse is stressful. They deal with ALL different types of things, not just breathing treatments and such. It sounds to me like someone may be jealous of the nurses? I'm not knocking your job, I think they are all important, but you sound miserable. Kudos to the nurses--especially HVC. When I first came in, I was warned about HVC nurses being rude. I've had no issues, they are just very busy and their job is important to them. They aren't here to make friends. I would love to work in HVC when I complete nursing--they are very focused...and honestly.. their patients seem to be the happiest---and they are probably the worst off!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ATTN: Dem/Snowflakes/Liberal Activists alike 2 min BooHoo Killary Lost 35
Beware of Jack Hinkle bad contractor 1 hr Ughh 13
Boyd Muslim Registry 1 hr Hitler 25
What's Going on at Papa John's? 2 hr driver 15
Shooter's sports bar and grill 3 hr Ol bc kat 11
Trump's 100th day will shut down the government. 3 hr Hitler 8
Where are the flag lovers? 3 hr Hitler 1

Ashland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance