dentist in ashland, ky
narrow minded

Ashland, KY

#41 Jul 18, 2010
Harbinger wrote:
You can say my post is mean but it's the truth. Dental problems are 100% preventable and now because someone neglected to take care of their mouth the taxpayers have to foot the bill.
You are so far from the truth. Not all dental problems are 100% preventable. As for medical cards - you ignorant excuse for flesh, people who have jobs have the medical cards. In fact if you would take time to read what your legislation is doing right now in your own home state of Kentucky as well as in Ohio, WV, TN, MS, MO, ND, SD, and FL you will see that states are now lowering their restrictions for obtaining a medical card in hopes to reduce healthcare costs inflicted by the managed care organizations. Also to show how stupid you make yourself look, just because one has a job doesn't mean they automatically get health insurance. Your comments on here make you look like you are the most ignorant and pathetic excuse for human flesh your mommy could have ever produced. You need to go apologize to your mommy and tell her you are sorry that you turned out so pathetic.
Rosebud

Medina, OH

#42 Jul 19, 2010
Teehee the "bad apples" must be mad LOL!
yeah i know

Chesapeake, OH

#43 Jul 19, 2010
alot is changing with medical cards and things like that in the future. heck my husband makes $37,000 a year and we still are able to get KCHIP if we want.....so i think alot of people need to change views about medical cards because there are alot of hard working people out there that need it not just losers!!!!!!
coach

Owingsville, KY

#44 Jul 19, 2010
To freind & patient. If you dont know the cause maybe you should keep quiet & dont worry about who is throwing stones!
Sarah

Ashland, KY

#45 Jul 19, 2010
Harbinger wrote:
The genetics that cause someone to forget to brush and floss? Yeah those I bet.
Seriously? Some people just choose to remain this ignorant, I guess. I have had trouble with my teeth since I was a kid, AND the only reason is because I have a "hereditary bone disease". HEREDITARY being the key word, bonehead! So yes, it can be genetics. And dental problems are NOT 100% preventable. You should do better research, before you deliberately insult someone's hygiene. But to relieve some of your concern, I have paid thousands of dollars out of my own pocket for the maintainence of my condition:)
JUST ME

Ashland, KY

#46 Jul 21, 2010
Wasn't Thorner's first wife named Lisa also? New wife is a paralegal and first wife is a lawyer. Guess he knows where the money is!
beaming white

Ashland, KY

#47 Jul 21, 2010
dunnigan collins and vincent
my two cents

Broken Arrow, OK

#48 Jul 21, 2010
unfortunate wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry for your situation but like any other working person doctors cannot work for free. If you have a job would you expect to go to work and at the end of the week your boss say "sorry, cant pay you this week, having too many personal problems". Is that really what you expect? The system is messed up because of all the people abusing the system, don't want to pay for a medical bill, but pay for smokes, alcohol, etc. Half the people that come in with medical cards smoke themselves to death then want treatment paid for. AND my philosophy , if you cant afford to take care of a child financially don't be having 10 and expect me to.
I can't believe doctors or "so called doctors" would turn ANYONE away, ESPECIALLY the elderly or children! I wouldn't dream of telling someone, "I know you're dying, but since you can't pay me, TOO BAD!" Nobody expects them to not get paid and it's not like EVERY SINGLE PATIENT they get is in need of free or cheaper services from them!
I saw an article about 2 or 3 children that were turned away for dental care because of their inability to pay and died because of it! How could you live with yourself KNOWING that you turning them away is sending them to an early grave? It makes me SICK to think that they don't care enough about people to care if they live or die unless they get paid for it. I have been to the doctor on more than one occasion where all they did was come in, say hi, ask me a couple of questions, MAYBE check me out,(and that's a BIG MAYBE), and then send me a bill for $300-$400! Are you seriously going to tell me that doctors NEED that much money to have a "chat" with me for 5-10 minutes? I can chat on the phone!
I hate that there are people with the mindset that they'll only help if there's $$$ involved. How about helping out of the goodness of your heart?
Again, I don't expect doctors to have to work for free, but there's gotta be a time when enough is enough and helping where there is a REAL need has GOT to be pay enough.
friend and patient

Ashland, KY

#49 Jul 23, 2010
coach wrote:
To freind & patient. If you dont know the cause maybe you should keep quiet & dont worry about who is throwing stones!
Unlike you and your cronies, I do know the reasons. Again, it sounds as if you are all a bunch of employees or former employees who just want to start trouble. So if you want to throw stones, why don't you throw them up in the air and hopefully they will fall on your head.
WORKER

Ashland, KY

#50 Jul 23, 2010
I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THAT DR THORNER WOULD FIRE ANYONE WITHOUT REASON, HE IS JUST NOT LIKE THAT..HE BOUGHT THE PRACTICE FROM BEADLE AND IT IS HIS RIGHT TO FIRE ANYONE NOT LOYAL TO HIM AND HIS PRACTICE, TOO MANY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF DOCTOR THORNER, ANYONE WHO KNOWS HIM KNOWS THAT.. PEOPLE SHOULD RESPECT THE ONE WHO SIGNS THEIR CHECK..IF YOU DON'T YOU SHOULD KNOW YOU HAVE A CHANCE OF BEING FIRED, AND IF YOU ARE THAT GOOD YOU CAN FIND ANOTHER JOB WITH ANOTHER DOCTOR.
no way

United States

#51 Jul 23, 2010
beaming white wrote:
dunnigan collins and vincent
Dunnigan & Collins maybe. VINCENT!!!! NO WAY She does horrible work that doesn't last.
happy

Ashland, KY

#52 Jul 23, 2010
my two cents wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't believe doctors or "so called doctors" would turn ANYONE away, ESPECIALLY the elderly or children! I wouldn't dream of telling someone, "I know you're dying, but since you can't pay me, TOO BAD!" Nobody expects them to not get paid and it's not like EVERY SINGLE PATIENT they get is in need of free or cheaper services from them!
I saw an article about 2 or 3 children that were turned away for dental care because of their inability to pay and died because of it! How could you live with yourself KNOWING that you turning them away is sending them to an early grave? It makes me SICK to think that they don't care enough about people to care if they live or die unless they get paid for it. I have been to the doctor on more than one occasion where all they did was come in, say hi, ask me a couple of questions, MAYBE check me out,(and that's a BIG MAYBE), and then send me a bill for $300-$400! Are you seriously going to tell me that doctors NEED that much money to have a "chat" with me for 5-10 minutes? I can chat on the phone!
I hate that there are people with the mindset that they'll only help if there's $$$ involved. How about helping out of the goodness of your heart?
Again, I don't expect doctors to have to work for free, but there's gotta be a time when enough is enough and helping where there is a REAL need has GOT to be pay enough.
I get what you are saying but again, it is no different than any other professional- have you had to hire a lawyer for anything recently, you will be charged for a chat on the phone. I have paid $300 for a vet bill just for routine stuff. Some people choose to invest alot of money and many years of their lives into their education. I would not say they don't help out, we have alot of charity organizations that get funded from alot of people.
sounds like

Chesapeake, OH

#53 Jul 25, 2010
WORKER wrote:
I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THAT DR THORNER WOULD FIRE ANYONE WITHOUT REASON, HE IS JUST NOT LIKE THAT..HE BOUGHT THE PRACTICE FROM BEADLE AND IT IS HIS RIGHT TO FIRE ANYONE NOT LOYAL TO HIM AND HIS PRACTICE, TOO MANY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF DOCTOR THORNER, ANYONE WHO KNOWS HIM KNOWS THAT.. PEOPLE SHOULD RESPECT THE ONE WHO SIGNS THEIR CHECK..IF YOU DON'T YOU SHOULD KNOW YOU HAVE A CHANCE OF BEING FIRED, AND IF YOU ARE THAT GOOD YOU CAN FIND ANOTHER JOB WITH ANOTHER DOCTOR.
Items number 40 & 50 sound like they were written by thorner wife and thorner assistant.
Tammy Collett

United States

#54 Jul 25, 2010
no way wrote:
<quoted text>
Dunnigan & Collins maybe. VINCENT!!!! NO WAY She does horrible work that doesn't last.
Vincent is great. Collins is my mothers dentist, when I moved back here from New Orleans I had a dental emergency and called their office. She took me in immediatley. I have seen her since, she has always been fair and is reasonable. No making you have x-rays you dont need to pad the bill. She knows I have no insurance and she does all she can to keep my dental cost down. I called just about a month ago with a toothache, receptionist put me on hold for no more than 2 minutes, came back and told me to come on in. Within 20 minutes I was at her office and in a chair. She took one x-ray, gave me antibiotics and charged me $23.00. Wish I had found her years ago, she is a doll.
no way

United States

#55 Jul 26, 2010
Tammy Collett wrote:
<quoted text>
Vincent is great. Collins is my mothers dentist, when I moved back here from New Orleans I had a dental emergency and called their office. She took me in immediatley. I have seen her since, she has always been fair and is reasonable. No making you have x-rays you dont need to pad the bill. She knows I have no insurance and she does all she can to keep my dental cost down. I called just about a month ago with a toothache, receptionist put me on hold for no more than 2 minutes, came back and told me to come on in. Within 20 minutes I was at her office and in a chair. She took one x-ray, gave me antibiotics and charged me $23.00. Wish I had found her years ago, she is a doll.
Well, good for you. You can keep her and pay for work you'll have to have replaced within a year. Just wait and see for yourself.
coach

Flatwoods, KY

#56 Aug 1, 2010
To worker; I think the decision was made at home by the real boss who couldnt do anything else to the hygienist who stood-up to her!
Tammy Collett

Huntington, WV

#57 Aug 4, 2010
no way wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, good for you. You can keep her and pay for work you'll have to have replaced within a year. Just wait and see for yourself.
Actually I seen her 4 years ago for the first time. All my dental work has been great. She knows I fear needles and is very patient with me, I wouldn't trade her.

Since: Jul 10

United States

#58 Aug 5, 2010
I'm so glad you pointed this out!
LOL wrote:
Lif makes one angry..it is so hard for the middle class to survive, and this woman is having a hard time..,her husband is sick and lost their insurance. and you give her a hard time, what about women who have 5 kids with 5 men and live on welfare and hud housing,food stamps, free cell phone and free internet..yep some get all that and more. why would you give a hardworking person a hard time and feel sorry for someone who cannot cross their legs or get fixed. I am with you sweetie if you are working class and are having hard time get what you can for all the taxes you have paid in. I know how you feel..I am middle class and have a hard time making ends meet..electic,water, gasoline, food...necessities..take care and God bless you and your family.

Since: Jul 10

United States

#59 Aug 5, 2010
You tell it! So right!
narrow minded wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so far from the truth. Not all dental problems are 100% preventable. As for medical cards - you ignorant excuse for flesh, people who have jobs have the medical cards. In fact if you would take time to read what your legislation is doing right now in your own home state of Kentucky as well as in Ohio, WV, TN, MS, MO, ND, SD, and FL you will see that states are now lowering their restrictions for obtaining a medical card in hopes to reduce healthcare costs inflicted by the managed care organizations. Also to show how stupid you make yourself look, just because one has a job doesn't mean they automatically get health insurance. Your comments on here make you look like you are the most ignorant and pathetic excuse for human flesh your mommy could have ever produced. You need to go apologize to your mommy and tell her you are sorry that you turned out so pathetic.
coach

Flatwoods, KY

#60 Aug 13, 2010
The wife has struck again! I guess we will have to wait and see who the next casuality will be. I have a pretty good idea this crap is not over! The last person fired made the mistake of being friends with the first one fired!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
melissa cinnamon 1 hr ami 1
News The Mill That Right-to-Work Built 2 hr Yourfullofit 16
What to do about a 3 hr Star T 3
Dems have no solutions...Have resorted to name ... 3 hr Cindy 4
Misti Moore Preston 4 hr CoolStoryBro 17
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Paul 163,879
Billy Watts 4 hr tim terryfeildsmi... 9

Ashland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance