K.D.M.C. No Christmas Lights ?

K.D.M.C. No Christmas Lights ?

Posted in the Ashland Forum

day

Broken Arrow, OK

#1 Nov 26, 2011
Just drove around the park looking at the beautiful lights and noticed the hospital has no decorations . Does anyone know why not?
HardTimes

Richmond, KY

#2 Nov 26, 2011
day wrote:
Just drove around the park looking at the beautiful lights and noticed the hospital has no decorations . Does anyone know why not?
They didn't last year either. Thought it was because of the layoffs then but don't know why this year.
Bagsi

Baird, TX

#3 Nov 26, 2011
Still trying to uphold the image of why they had to lay workers off I guess.
wiseup

Flatwoods, KY

#4 Nov 26, 2011
No, the "Christmas Lights" insulted all the Muslim doctors they have working there
Wth

Richmond, KY

#5 Nov 27, 2011
wiseup wrote:
No, the "Christmas Lights" insulted all the Muslim doctors they have working there
They are in a recession,saving money! Lol...
john doe

Ashland, KY

#6 Nov 27, 2011
Bagsi wrote:
Still trying to uphold the image of why they had to lay workers off I guess.
yeah their electric bill is on a budget now
WOW

Richmond, KY

#7 Nov 27, 2011
If KDMC doesn't use the lights then why don't they let the city use them in the park ?
john doe

Ashland, KY

#8 Nov 27, 2011
WOW wrote:
If KDMC doesn't use the lights then why don't they let the city use them in the park ?
they donated them last year to the city they just haven't used them yet
JustMe

United States

#9 Nov 27, 2011
They're kinda screwed either way. If they have them, they're wasteful. If they don't, they're scrooges.
And in actuality, there's not many Muslim doctors there. The khoudoud brothers and sister, a few others. Lot of Hindi doctors. I guess all brown docs are supposed to be muslim huh?
who gives a sh!t

Acme, PA

#10 Nov 27, 2011
I say the stupid city needs to take down those ugly ass lights in the park, who is paying the electric bill for that anyway??
Wth

Richmond, KY

#11 Nov 28, 2011
[QUOTE who="who gives a sh!t"]I say the stupid city needs to take down those ugly ass lights in the park, who is paying the electric bill for that anyway??[/QUOTE]

Our tax dollars I'm sure...
middle class man

Ashland, KY

#12 Nov 29, 2011
The lights in the park are owned by and paid by the Ashland Alliance Foundation. They pay the electric bill, purchase bulbs, new and used displays and repair the ones that get vandalized. There are not tax dollars or public funds used to pay for them. As far as I know, the lights from KDMC were not donated to the Foundation.
in the know

Tempe, AZ

#13 Nov 29, 2011
They are sitting in storage collecting dust. Fred will let them rot before he gives them to the city. What has the AAF done for KDMC lately???
Christmas Lights

Ashland, KY

#14 Nov 29, 2011
The city does not do the lights in the park. And KDMC did not give the lights to the city.
middle class man

Ashland, KY

#15 Nov 30, 2011
The AFF has no responsibility to do anything for KDMC. The Foundation was set up to support a charitable arm and is the parent of the Ashland Alliance (which is the chamber of commerce), the Winter Wonderland of Lights and the Young Professionals. KDMC may have made some donations to the WWL via the KDMC Foundation, not sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why does Joanna Caddell look like she's being h... 4 min Truth 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min Tiger 148,921
Trump accused of child molestation 8 min Cleveland 15
Who hung themsef? 9 min OSU student 17
How long is the wait list for Scope Towers? 10 min Wondering 4
LOCAL 1865 Busted? 25 min Voice of Reason 31
bet awards 26 min OSU student 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages