Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

SO...why is it that I see this guy (Tim England) ALWAYS driving the fire vehicle? taking his kid to and from school in it, at the store and where ever else he wants to go. I understand that if he needs to go to a call and all....but where's the line? is the county tax payers paying for all that fuel? are we paying for the tires and maintenance on the vehicle? I don't think it would be fair if we are! and I especially don't think he should be shuttling his family around in it. it isn't for family business and roadtrips! must be nice to be able to have a free vehicle and unlimited gas and servicing too!! where can I sign up? Pi*ses me off to no end!! seems to me like just another person taking advantage of a situation!
agree

Greenup, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

i agree...he lives in ashland...has to go to fire in a hurry and always last to arrive...cause brent webster lets em get by with it..go to the chief and ask him....yep complete bullcrap
blue collar

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Perks of the job. Get one..
agree

Greenup, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

blue collar wrote:
Perks of the job. Get one..
thats not a job..its volunter
also wonder

Venetia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

westwood resident wrote:
SO...why is it that I see this guy (Tim England) ALWAYS driving the fire vehicle? taking his kid to and from school in it, at the store and where ever else he wants to go. I understand that if he needs to go to a call and all....but where's the line? is the county tax payers paying for all that fuel? are we paying for the tires and maintenance on the vehicle? I don't think it would be fair if we are! and I especially don't think he should be shuttling his family around in it. it isn't for family business and roadtrips! must be nice to be able to have a free vehicle and unlimited gas and servicing too!! where can I sign up? Pi*ses me off to no end!! seems to me like just another person taking advantage of a situation!
What all is going on with fd. They answer to no one Brent lets them get by as he does too. They all take advantage. Leave trucks out running for hours wash their own cars and the tax payers pay for all the crap they do. Guess we need to be on fd or work for the school. We would have it good too. What goes on in westwood these days is shameful and we have to pay for it.
blue collar

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

Volunteer.. They are willing to risk their lives without pay. Maybe for your sorry ass, and your bitching about some gas??!!
yeah

Grayson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

westwood resident wrote:
For your info that's Tim's personal car and by the way if you so concerned about the fire dept and what goes on there why don't you get off your lazy ass and go to one of there meetings they are open for anyone!!!
For the record

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

The Explorer referenced earlier is not property of the FD. It is the personal vehicle of the Deputy Chief. He pays the payments, taxes and insurance. The FD lettered the vehicle and equipped it with radios.
westwood resident

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Judged:

as i stated blue collar...if he is using it for official purposes then thats fine..but yes if he is shuttling his family around here and there and just driving it around for the heck of it..yes i do have a problem with paying for his gas...but.. it seems it is all on him...so thats cool...and I know they do it for free...I didn't say a word about the hard working firefighters did i? and i wouldn't waste my time at their meetings...Brent webster just tells you what you want to hear and does whatever he wants anyway! he has been like that since his sherriff department days! I guess that will happen when you work 3 or 4 jobs and still try to be chief...maybe he should let someone else try it ..someone with less jobs that can focus more on the Fire department. see how that works out
angry bird

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

westwood resident wrote:
as i stated blue collar...if he is using it for official purposes then thats fine..but yes if he is shuttling his family around here and there and just driving it around for the heck of it..yes i do have a problem with paying for his gas...but.. it seems it is all on him...so thats cool...and I know they do it for free...I didn't say a word about the hard working firefighters did i? and i wouldn't waste my time at their meetings...Brent webster just tells you what you want to hear and does whatever he wants anyway! he has been like that since his sherriff department days! I guess that will happen when you work 3 or 4 jobs and still try to be chief...maybe he should let someone else try it ..someone with less jobs that can focus more on the Fire department. see how that works out
Maybe hard working people like Brent Webster and Tim England have to pick up the slack due to slackers like you who just sit around all day bad mouthing a volunteer fireman.
Bubba

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

I'm not a firefighter but I am around a lot of them. The volunteers put their lives on the line for people they don't know, to make the community a better place.

The few perks that some of them may get is a pittance to what they are worth to the rest of us. But for all the haters and opinionated people here, go to the fire department. Get trained. Go to calls in the middle of the night. Miss your kids birthday party and then come back and read your comments.
DAR

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2013

Judged:

This is a perfect example of how mislead information turns into nasty rumors. First if you had any forethought about this topic,assuming you are an adult and know the proper steps,wouldn't you go to the right place to find out the real answer,maybe the city building where the people employeed there could give you the correct information instead of getting on here throwing your assumptions and accusations around onto a known trouble starting forum. Second if you knew Tim at all, you would be ashamed at the accusations you've placed upon him. He not only volunteers for a fire department that's not even one where he has vested interest but he does this time after time day after day for the people of Westwood,all that volunteering comes after the full time job he has and also after "shuttling his family" to and from school along with their extracurricular activities. I hope you never ever have to be on the receiving end of what he does as a volunteer but I guarantee if you ever are you will be ever so grateful that he was willing to volunteer to save you .... There aren't many people that would take that chance so even if you were paying for tires and maintenance for that vehicle .... I think in the end it would be worth it if it saved one life especially if it was yours!
Grow up

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

westwood resident wrote:
Bet you'd feel different if you kitchen was on fire...
Anonymous

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Volunteers are Never Appriciated Till Your in Need Of their selflessness and their hard work and and dedication of Providing a service to a Community with out PAY or without thought of their own Well Being, Some People Need to examin how Much their Home Owners Insurance would Be without these Hard Working and Dedicated People Protecting them from The Life threats Of Fire and anything else they get Called Upon to Do for their Community and the Surrounding Communitys they Give Support To ,, All I Can say Is Shame On You For Jumping to Conclusion and Assuming Something when You Dont know The Entire Story
Jordan

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

That's HIS ford he pays for it out of his money.. I know the guy he's a firefighter whoever is saying this u better hope that he's not the one pulling u out of your car someday
well then

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Hey "westwood resident"! You are a true idiot! Get a life! Maybe if you got off the freakin couch and did something, you wouldn't have time to sit around this douchebag site and run your mouth all day over stuff you know NOTHING about!!!!!! By the way, Tim was at the fire, VOLUNTEERING his time to help someone else! Where the hell were you? Oh wait! I know!!!! Thinking of some dumb thing to say!!! You are a piece of crap!!!!!!!
who cares

Greenup, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Volunteers suck anyway. Fat overweight mouth breathers. Set around in front of station in their sleeveless shirts and share war stories of defensive firefighting, that often start out with, "And there I was."
Anyone can be a volly wannabe.
Anonymous

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Who Cares , I Honestly Hope that Your Never In Need of The Help of a Volly as You Call Us , because im sure they Will Be there But the Stupidity of your Statment seriously Confirms My Thinking if Ignorance Is Bliss Than I Know My Friend With That Statment You Are Blessed Far Beyond Belief.
angry bird

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

who cares wrote:
Volunteers suck anyway. Fat overweight mouth breathers. Set around in front of station in their sleeveless shirts and share war stories of defensive firefighting, that often start out with, "And there I was."
Anyone can be a volly wannabe.
Just like anyone can be an idiot. Looks like u got it down to a science.
Wondering

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

How much of this is brandy, his nosy ass wife who starts shit all the time?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

62 Users are viewing the Ashland Forum right now

Search the Ashland Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Get the Ashland Topix News on Facebook! 1 min Topix 1
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 6 min Mississippi Man 81,233
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min Jay 138,847
David Edwards Buried Treasure ??? 17 min Zodiac Killer 750
Ariel Perkins Weaver (May '12) 37 min Grrrrrrl 22
Sheriff Candidates (Aug '13) 1 hr TO HOPE 525
God is not real 2 hr Wait 37
**********Would you vote Hillary in 2016 2 hr The Truth 63
•••
•••
•••
Ashland Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••