Seeking Justice For Lucy

Seeking Justice For Lucy

Posted in the Ashland Forum

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#1 Jun 2, 2011
Seeking Information About Who Neglected/Abused Lucy.
Description Lucy was found in a ditch on a dead end street in a rural area (near Ashland, KY). A kind hearted person spotted her and picked her up, and contacted the Ashland Animal Rescue Fund (AARF)( http://www.facebook.com/aarfky ), to see if they could help.

Lucy was weak, severely emaciated, dehydrated, and covered in open wounds and scabs. She barely had a hair left on her tiny body. Had she not been pulled from the ditch that day, she would not have survived much longer.

Poor Lucy is suffering from untreated mange, multiple parasitic infections (hookworm, roundworm, tapeworm, coccidia, etc.). She is lucky to be alive.

It is not uncommon for animals to be "dumped" in a rural area, when owners decide pet ownership is no longer convenient. However, a dog in this condition did NOT get this way overnight. This was a slow and painful process for Lucy. This is a case of long-term neglect and possible abuse. We are praying that someone may recognize her, they may know who the owner was. We hope that through raising awareness, we may identify who is responsible for this terrible act of cruelty. We are SEEKING JUSTICE FOR LUCY!!!!! If anyone recognizes Lucy, please contact AARF at [email protected] com

AARF is an all-breed rescue group in Ashland, KY. AARF was founded in 2009 by a local family. The organization has grown in volunteer power, and they are on the verge of 1,000 lives saved in just two short years. When AARF received the information about Lucy, they were in a precarious situation, as they were operating "in the red" with a several thousand dollar balance owed to the vet.(Saving animals is expensive...). But, despite their financial troubles, they could not turn their back on Lucy. A foster home stepped forward, and she is currently under the care of the Ashland Animal Clinic.

When Lucy arrived, AARF was facing the need to temporarily halt operations, due to financial crisis. The group needed time to pay down the veterinary care balance, before continuing their work to save the region's unwanted and abandoned animals. Lucy's care will simply add to the already overwhelming amount owed. But again, AARF would NOT turn a blind eye to Lucy's plight. She was welcomed with open arms.

Donations can be made online at http://www.aarfky.petfinder.com . There is a PayPal button at the top of the page. You do not have to have a PayPal account to donate.

ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX-DEDUCTIBLE. YOU WILL RECEIVE A TAX RECEIPT BY MAIL.

If you prefer to mail a check, please send it to:

AARF
131 New Hampshire Drive
Ashland, KY 41101

(read less)
Lucy was found in a ditch on a dead end street in a rural area (near Ashland, KY). A kind hearted person spotted her and picked her up, and contacted the Ashland Animal Rescue Fund (AARF)( http://www.facebook.com/aarfky ), to see if they could help.

Lucy was weak, severely emaciated, dehydrated, and covered in open wounds and scabs. She barely had a hair left on her tiny body. Had she not been pulled from the ditch that day, she would not have survived much longer.

Email [email protected] com
Website http://www.facebook.com/AARFKY
http://www.aarfky.petfinder.com

Location hidden

#3 Jun 2, 2011
Thank you. I have been reading topix for sometime I do not comment very often, but I had to do something to help this poor animal. Hopefully this will get some much need attention.

By the way you can say something nice. lol

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#4 Jun 2, 2011
Thank you so much for providing links and information for the cause.
poopy puppy

Ashland, KY

#5 Jun 2, 2011
"ya know im the one that found this dog an im not try to sound mean or water but u all act like some one set her on fire or something! she had the mang! She wasnt starved, she had worms cuz when i had her she ate like a great dane! an i think its funny that i i contact them about her for 2 weeks an told them wat was wronge with her an she was worst the wat she was when i brought her in the vet an they didnt take her an when i told them the pound was on the way to get her thats when they wanted her! now i think my dog has cought watever she had! she wasnt in no ditch or wat ever! i found her beside a creek.. she could of came from any were! an getting a drink an i cant believe that everyone is actin like this there are far worse dogs or cats or watever out there then her! im glad she is gettin better an gettin wat she needs an i love animals in all but this is nuts"

So this is from the person that found her...
I feel for the little one, but she does have a point. I know there are animals far worse than this one..Sux that this happened the way it did. Is anyone gonna help take care of her pet, since this little lady infected her dog? Hmmm.

Location hidden

#6 Jun 2, 2011
I found the site on facebook and it did say "Lucy was found in a ditch on a dead end street in a rural area (near Ashland, KY). A kind hearted person spotted her and picked her up, and contacted the Ashland Animal Rescue Fund (AARF)( http://www.facebook.com/aarfky ), to see if they could help."

Looking at the pictures the cuts on her face look more recent then two weeks. Not disputing what you are saying. Have you even asked if AARF would help? I am not associated with them like I said I found the site on facebook and thought someone might know something about it.

Location hidden

#9 Jun 2, 2011
dont forget the spelling and grammar police too.
poopy puppy

Ashland, KY

#10 Jun 2, 2011
Dummies, this was on Facebook! Ha Ha Ha..some chick posted this on the "Justice for Lucy" page. Wish people could pay attention when they're reading. And that is not my grammar. That was copied and pasted on here. MY words are..."So this is from the person that found her...
I feel for the little one, but she does have a point. I know there are animals far worse than this one..Sux that this happened the way it did. Is anyone gonna help take care of her pet, since this little lady infected her dog? Hmmm. "
Don't be dummies. Just pay attention.:)
poopy puppy

Ashland, KY

#12 Jun 3, 2011
You have seen "'s before, right? I'm not gonna quote myself!
Piepanties

United States

#14 Jun 3, 2011
Have u any apple pie?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I'm Tired Of Being Pretty 7 min Pip Rademaker 6
Lara's Closing 26 min Matlock fan 7
Howard and Son Straight Fairness 46 min Warren Piece 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr LMS 148,345
Chan Dalton and Taylor Wright 2 hr Taylor Wright 4
alley in Westwood by dollar General 2 hr Pip Rademaker 13
What happened to Tyler Woford? or some people c... (Nov '15) 3 hr Know a little 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages