Since: Jun 11

Kurya, Altai region, Russia

#3 Oct 6, 2012
Dirty Red "Nelson"
Eric the Machine

United States

#5 Oct 6, 2012
Elwood,

Rap was derived from the Latin term 'Raptuse.' The Latin meaning for 'Raptuse' is to speak quick, but nimble. Sick Boy was correct, the existence of rap dates back to the early 1600's, with the first written record of raptuse being located in a village in Ethiopia called 'Nakurasi.' It is not contemporaneously known how raptuse spread from Ethiopia to America, but many scholars believe Blondie first heard raptuse during a mission she took with her church to Africa in 1971. I hope this helps clear up some of the confusion.

Best,
Eric the Machine
Elwood

Danielson, CT

#6 Oct 6, 2012
I would give Bob Dylan credit for being the first American to rap. He wrote subterranean homesick blues in 65. Bob was appaled by what the thugs did with rap. Lennon also rapped in give peace a chance. It is said that Dylan and Lennon went to Africa in the 60s to work with Africans on developing a stronger cannabis. Some historians believe this is how the sticky, stinky green bud and rap came to America.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
scott stutler (Aug '13) 6 min Tiffany 7
Trevor Williams (Sep '09) 13 min John W 96
brandie dalton (Jul '10) 29 min John W 12
Ashland and Gays 36 min Trixie 4
So you think Dems want to protect the American ... 47 min The Truth 30
Free Joe Waugh (Jun '15) 54 min Karma 83
Baby murderers in Ashland 2 hr Blair 22
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashland Mortgages