Jehovah's Witnesses Settle Abuse Cases

Jehovah's Witnesses Settle Abuse Cases

There are 1199 comments on the Newsday story from May 10, 2007, titled Jehovah's Witnesses Settle Abuse Cases. In it, Newsday reports that:

A victims' rights group released documents Thursday that showed the Jehovah's Witnesses recently settled civil suits with 16 people who claimed they were sexually abused by church elders or that church ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 60
Next Last
Danny Haszard

Sanbornville, NH

#2 May 10, 2007
Jehovah's Witnesses have a BIG child abuse pedophile cover-up crisis.

Pedophilia is covered up in the Jehovah's Witnesses on a scale worst than the Catholic priest scandal.Not only do they deny it but the Watchtower has instructed the Kingdom Hall elders to go after all whistle-blowers.

The JW's exploit an obscure 2,000 year old bible passage and demand that there be TWO witnesses to every act of child abuse committed by a Jehovah's Witness.This fosters a code of silence and a "pedophile's paradise" in the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Jehovah Witness pedophiles go door to door as part of their faith to recruit converts!
The 'Two Witness' Take-Down is a subterfuge exploited by Jehovah's Witnesses that is selectively enforced by elders who play favorites and fast & loose with the truth,an excuse to ignore and suppress evidence at whim.

Learn what you can do about this outrage at
www . silentlambs.org
Linda

United States

#5 May 11, 2007
This is a sad state of affairs. Our ministry is to knock on doors of strangers and encourage them to serve the true God, Jehovah and his Son, Christ Jesus. Unknowingly, we invite child molesters into our midst. We would never knowingly allow such a thing. I am also concerned about this, and Jehovah's vengence is near for those that harm our children!
Tell it like it is

Medford, NY

#6 May 12, 2007
JW nothing more than a cult right on top of the pile with radical islam.
Setfree

Wildersville, TN

#7 May 12, 2007
Linda wrote:
This is a sad state of affairs. Our ministry is to knock on doors of strangers and encourage them to serve the true God, Jehovah and his Son, Christ Jesus. Unknowingly, we invite child molesters into our midst. We would never knowingly allow such a thing. I am also concerned about this, and Jehovah's vengence is near for those that harm our children!
My church requires a background check on ALL who are in contact with children or who are in our vistation outreach programs.

Do the local congregations of Jehovah's Winesses require a background check for any JW who is in contact with children or who are involved in 'Field Service'?
bible student

Killeen, TX

#9 May 12, 2007
Setfree wrote:
<quoted text>
My church requires a background check on ALL who are in contact with children or who are in our vistation outreach programs.
Do the local congregations of Jehovah's Winesses require a background check for any JW who is in contact with children or who are involved in 'Field Service'?
Since they only go out in the field in two's or more, and have no 'youth' programs..just when does the opportunity arise to molest children except in their own home?
bible student

Killeen, TX

#10 May 12, 2007
Christian Peper wrote:
The parents of raped children have difficult times trying to help their raped children recover. The sheer number of sexually assaulted children by this cult is staggering. When will the rape of children stop?
Please show us these 'sheer numbers' of raped children.

“Watchtower Whistle-Blower”

Since: Dec 06

Bangor Maine USA

#11 May 12, 2007
bible student wrote:
<quoted text> Since they only go out in the field in two's or more, and have no 'youth' programs..just when does the opportunity arise to molest children except in their own home?
ANSWER

Below was TOP ranked news worldwide for a week

Woman describes kitchen assault
Waterloo Record, Canada - Dec 6, 2006
... Martin allegedly touched a young girl's buttocks and placed his finger in her vagina during door-to-door visits to gain adherents to the Jehovah's Witnesses....

Are these cult perverts knocking on YOUR door.

Bangor Maine USA

#12 May 12, 2007
bible student wrote:
<quoted text> Since they only go out in the field in two's or more, and have no 'youth' programs..just when does the opportunity arise to molest children except in their own home?
http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/123788/1.as... Sad Story Here
Bornonisland

Killeen, TX

#13 May 12, 2007
Danny Haszard wrote:
<quoted text>
ANSWER
Below was TOP ranked news worldwide for a week
Woman describes kitchen assault
Waterloo Record, Canada - Dec 6, 2006
... Martin allegedly touched a young girl's buttocks and placed his finger in her vagina during door-to-door visits to gain adherents to the Jehovah's Witnesses....
Are these cult perverts knocking on YOUR door.
Give us a break here!!! We are talking about a 76 yro man with Dementia who was part of the JW family as well as the girl!! The girl was going door-to-door WITH him! Dirty old men in all religions..sorry.
Jude 3

Durham, NC

#14 May 12, 2007
Why would anyone defend or make excuses for child abuse in ANY organization? JW's & those who do so should be ashamed!

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#15 May 12, 2007
No one is *making excuses* for child molesting. It happens in *all* organisations. The point is to blame the filthy perverts who do the molesting and NOT use the poor victims as an excuse to bash Jehovah's Witnesses with!

Apportion blame where blame truly lies: With the child molesting perverts.

Personally I think people who use poor child abuse victims as an excuse to further their own *personal agenda* against the WT society are lowlife scum like those who abuse children in other ways.
Jude 3

Durham, NC

#16 May 12, 2007
Fair is fair; JW's shouldn't use the poor victims to bash other religions either then. Your description of JW's fits; they use poor child abuse victims of other religions to further THEIR own agenda against all religions outside of JW's. You have described yourself perfectly as well. Congratulations, excuse maker & defender of the child abusing JW's who you are so intent on being a part of. You condone them whether you admit it or not.

Bangor Maine USA

#17 May 12, 2007
Gareth wrote:
Personally I think people who use poor child abuse victims as an excuse to further their own *personal agenda* against the WT society are lowlife scum like those who abuse children in other ways.
Jesus said his true followers would be the 'salt of the earth' the Watchtower apologist who defend this wicked ripoff predatory religious racket are the scum of the earth.

The Watchtower has harmed MILLIONS OF followers men,women and children.

I have observed.....
Most of the vigorous Watchtower defenders on this board with their various multiple pseudo names ARE REJECTS (disfellowshipped)(expelled) from the ewatchman gang.
James 3:16-"where jealousy and contentious are,there disorder and every vile thing are..."

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#18 May 12, 2007
Danny Haszard wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said his true followers would be the 'salt of the earth' the Watchtower apologist who defend this wicked ripoff predatory religious racket are the scum of the earth.
I have observed.....
Most of the vigorous Watchtower defenders on this board with their various multiple pseudo names ARE REJECTS (disfellowshipped)(expelled) from the ewatchman gang.
James 3:16-"where jealousy and contentious are,there disorder and every vile thing are..."
The best think about your posts is that they are so obviously the views of a fanatic that only fools will believe what you have to say. You never use logic, reason or the Bible.

You are transparent. All you do is rake muck.

Bangor Maine USA

#19 May 12, 2007
Gareth wrote:
<quoted text>
The best think about your posts...
You are transparent..
95% of the general population recognize Jehovah's Witnesses as a bogus false obnoxious cult.

We just let you be,as it's a free country to squander your life in any belief system you choose.

However you will NOT impose your rules on the rest of us and those of us who have been victimized will not allow your watchtower propaganda to prevail.

To whom it may concern: Anytime/anywhere JW's lose their position defending the Watchtower cult they will stoop to personal attacks and will always "shoot the messenger".

Jehovah's Witnesses attack and revile and then go off 'Bible thumping' with a 'message of Love' this demonstrates what "wolves in sheep's clothing" you really are.

Learn the truth about the 'troof www. freeminds.org

YES
95% of the general population ALREADY recognize Jehovah's Witnesses as a bogus false obnoxious cult

Bangor Maine USA

#20 May 12, 2007
Danny Haszard wrote:
<quoted text>
I have observed.....

You never use logic, reason or the Bible.
YOUR BLIND I mean you are really scary (I just quoted from YOUR Bible TWICE)

I sure hope you aren't an elder who judges anyone in a JC because you are arrogant dense
RedhorseWoman

Providence, RI

#21 May 12, 2007
bible student wrote:
You're kidding, right? How about the very nice elder who offers to take Sister SingleMother's son on a camping trip? How about the nice brother who offers to tuck the kiddies into bed and "read them a story" when he's at the parents home for dinner?

How about the elder who molested the young JW babysitter when he drove her home?(actual experience related by a poster on JWD several years ago.)

Pedophiles don't WAIT for opportunities to molest...they MAKE them.

NMB

Location hidden

#22 May 12, 2007
Setfree wrote:
<quoted text>
Does your church require a background check for all who attend there? What about the occasional person wondering in off the street?

Since every one of Jehovah's Witnesses may have contact with children do you suggest a background check on ALL of them?
RedhorseWoman

Providence, RI

#23 May 12, 2007
So, NMB, from your comment I take it that you are agreeing with points that have been made previously stating that JWs really have NO idea how many pedophiles might be within the congregations?

Other JWs have made the claim that JWs know ALL about the tendencies of anyone entering the congregation. Nice to know that you are acknowledging the truth of the matter even if other JWs won't do so.
Claude Kenneson

Monticello, FL

#24 May 12, 2007
Where is our friend Thirdwitness? He is awful quiet on this topic. Yet, I remember his boastful claims that money awarded victims of child abuse in court judgments was Catholics--1.5 billion and JW's 00.00 or -137,000 (that's minus 137,000). I would think that this latest settlement by the Watchtower Society now makes that claim invalid. Wonder if he will start a thread on that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 60
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashland City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Goes "Campaign Rally" Can't Even Fill The... 1 hr FromKentucky 11
Gannett layoffs 2 hr Rory Calhoun 1
Out with the old employees in with the new 2 hr Like it is 2
Need hydros or preks 7 hr Bangemz 2
Public Notice: J Willis from Davidson Co Sherif... 10 hr Citizen One 3
A word about J Willis from Davidson Co Sheriff ... 10 hr Citizen One 2
Any women 45 and older been with a younger guy? 11 hr Eva 59

Ashland City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance