Paul

Charleston, WV

#1 May 31, 2011
Has anyone watched the show on tv called "Coal"? What a boring show it is. I know minning coal is dangerous work no doubt. But now everyone in the country can see just how little the men really work and how the machines do 99% of the work. It also shows just how dumb and inbred acting some of the people in this state are. Atleast thats what they are tring to do I think.
HRM

Charleston, WV

#2 Jun 22, 2011
I seen it. Its to funny. I like how they show just how little real work they do. It has be canceled after only a few months of air time because nobody was watching it. I guess that shows just how little people care about what minners do.
care

Charleston, WV

#3 Jul 20, 2011
you are right mining coal is dangerous work! You need to get a life though because that show didn't show all of what miners do! I can guarantee that these miners do ten times more work in one day than you do in a year! If you really don't care what miners do than you need to turn off you electricity and stay away from the computer and quit voicing your dumb opinions, because if it wasn't for these miners doing what you evidently can't do you wouldn't have it! Grow up and look at what you do and then when you realize you don't do much work maybe you will shut your mouth!
HRM

Charleston, WV

#4 Jul 26, 2011
My dad was a miner as is my brother. I myself am not but I have heard from them alot about it. Even they will tell you that minning coal isnt hard work, just very dangerous. The machines do the biggest part of the work. The new guys are the only ones who work hard. They have to shovel what the machines spill. Its really sad that the only thing West Virginia has to offer is coal. The show was a flop because there isnt anyhting exciting about it. My brother makes very good money and Im glad for him. But I think the miners and thier unions make way to much money, thats why the electric bills keep going up. I think a miner shouldnt make any more that 8 or 9 dollars an hour at best. That would be enough pay for no more than they do. They should have a cap on thier pay. No more than 30 thou a year. The one thing that does make me wonder is why so many of them make good money but they still wont fix thier teeth or fix up thier house. There are some who do but more who dont. I think they should outlaw coal mining because it is tearing down WV mountians and wrecking our streams. We have solar and hydro power.
care

Charleston, WV

#5 Jul 26, 2011
well evidently either, you haven't asked them flat out is it hard work. One, because there is no doubt it is hard work an two, because any miner I have ever met is super strong compared to anyone else I have met. By the way you are wrong about only the new guys work hard, my husband is a boss and has been in the mines for 4 years and he also helps shovel. They also have to move belt and all kinds of other things that machines don't do. So if you father or brother doesn't shovel or help move belt it is only because they are either lazy or just flat out rude for not helping. West Virginia has a lot more to offer rather than coal. The state is noted for its mountains and diverse topography, its historically significant logging and coal mining industries, and its political and labor history. It is one of the most densely karstic areas in the world, making it a choice area for recreational caving and scientific research. The karst lands contribute to much of the state's cool trout waters. It is also known for a wide range of outdoor recreational opportunities, including skiing, whitewater rafting, fishing, hiking, mountain biking and hunting. That is just the beginning of the list. And really do you think that no matter what job it was, that was put on air, do you really think that it would be that exciting inless it was in your line of work? As for the utility bills going up...straight off of USA today...Utilities across the USA are raising power prices up to 29%, mostly to pay for soaring fuel costs, but also to build new plants and refurbish an aging power grid. Get your facts straight. As for the money, you have no right to have an opinion on that because you haven't been underground and you don't know what it is like. I believe maybe you are just jealous of your brother. About their homes and teeth; I am positive you don't know many miner by the way you talk because all the miner I know have great houses including my husband and their teeth are just fine too. I would really like to know what your house and teeth look like and for that matter i would like to know where you work too since you think miner have it soo easy and look so bad. Lastly, once again you need to get your facts straight, underground coal mining doesn't bother our mountains, only what is underneath them. Only strip mining tears down our mountains and as far as that goes, i agree there shouldn't be any strip mining.
care

Charleston, WV

#6 Jul 28, 2011
And further more, the only bad thing I can say about mining is what it has done to my husband. We dont make love anymore because since he has been underground he wont touch me. Like most miners, he has started liking men. I dont care though as long as he keeps buying things for me and puts food on the table. And his teeth are fine. All 4 of them.
care--the real one

Charleston, WV

#7 Aug 1, 2011
That's hilarious! I am glad they let toddlers on here to play jokes. Evidently I have made my point because I have left you speechless. When you have better come backs, other than getting on here trying to act like me and post silly stuff, you let me know. It really doesn't bother me that you have to make yourself feel better about your life by posting stuff like that about me because there evidently isn't very many people read this post anyway. All I was trying to do was just update you on something that you had an opinion on that was definitely wrong.
care--the real one

Charleston, WV

#8 Aug 1, 2011
and so what if my husband has bad teeth. I dont mind chewing his food for him. And we might have a house that looks like it belongs in the slums and all our clothes are yellow stained, but atleast everyone in my family has a cell phone. I cant help the fact you think my husband makes to much money for the little physical work he does. And he may not have a good education but I did make it all the way to the 10th grade so chew on that.
Care

Charleston, WV

#9 Aug 2, 2011
care--the real one wrote:
and so what if my husband has bad teeth. I dont mind chewing his food for him. And we might have a house that looks like it belongs in the slums and all our clothes are yellow stained, but atleast everyone in my family has a cell phone. I cant help the fact you think my husband makes to much money for the little physical work he does. And he may not have a good education but I did make it all the way to the 10th grade so chew on that.
Proving my point again...ha this is getting hillarious...sorry but if you want to make me mad or whatever you are trying to do, you will have to make me feel like I am wrong about this topic...because you are just making me feel even better about this by proving my point about how childish and wrong you are, by trying to act like me not once but twice. Sorry honey but you will never be able to rise to my level and be as good as me! ;) oh btw I think I am done with this topix stuff since obviously there is not any adults on here to debate with...
Wow

Charleston, WV

#10 Aug 2, 2011
Care wrote:
<quoted text>
Proving my point again...ha this is getting hillarious...sorry but if you want to make me mad or whatever you are trying to do, you will have to make me feel like I am wrong about this topic...because you are just making me feel even better about this by proving my point about how childish and wrong you are, by trying to act like me not once but twice. Sorry honey but you will never be able to rise to my level and be as good
as me! ;) oh btw I think I am done with this topix stuff since obviously there is not any adults on
here to debate with...
Wow, rock on "care"! You are right I think coal miner work hard too. The only reason the people on that show didn't was because they were union. Which that is one of only about 5 union mines in the state. Therefore, whoever it is trying to act like they are you and post bull crap, you are right they are definatly jealous of u, ur husband, their brother and whoever else. They also need to grow up, this site is for discussing different topics, not for hiding behind a screen name and talking shit because they are too scared and ugly to talk shit in real life!
Care

Charleston, WV

#11 Aug 3, 2011
Listen "Wow" I dont need you or anyone else to defend me on here. And I sure wouldnt call anyone ugly. You have to be an "ugly" person to even talk like that. So, although you are trying to help, please dont. I can take care of myself. You and all the other people on here need to get a life.
Wow

Charleston, WV

#12 Aug 3, 2011
Care wrote:
Listen "Wow" I dont need you or anyone else to defend me on here. And I sure wouldnt call anyone ugly. You have to be an "ugly" person to even talk like that. So, although you are trying to help, please dont. I can take care of myself. You and all the other people on here need to get a life.
Well "HRM", I'm not stupid along with anyone else that my be reading this. I know you are acting like u are "care" again an trying to make
her mad but my guess is; there is no point. You
just need to deal with the facts and go suck your
thumb for a while or whatever it is you suck,
because "care" is right and you are flat out
wrong! She done told you se was done with your childish acts and now so am I. Ha let me rub it in your face once more...YOU ARE WRONG and JEALOUS
Wow

Charleston, WV

#13 Aug 7, 2011
Like I said, you are wrong and jealous. You wish you had a job like our men so you wont have to work hard and dont have to take a bath every day or can leave junk around your house and it dont matter. And your jealous because although we only have a few of our teeth left, it dont take us near as long as it does you to brush our teeth. So HA HA.
The real Wow

Charleston, WV

#14 Aug 8, 2011
I see your at it again. You must like to pretend your a grown up. I will tell you this one time and thats it. Yes, miners are a bit on the lazy side and most are over weight. But the machines dont do ALL the work. There are atleast 3 men on each shift that acually do work. And although my husband isnt one of them, he is still a good man. And even though his truck cost more than our house, its our trashy house and we lve it just the way it is.
CBT

Charleston, WV

#15 Aug 10, 2011
Hi Tabby. I know thats you posting as care. Or I think it is anyway. If not please disregard. If it is give me a call please. I still have the same number.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Thu well 1,287
Cheating wife!! May 15 truth 26
Who the best looking lady/girl in Ashford&Why? (May '12) May 13 fog 31
dog chasing cars by ashford grade school Apr '16 Thegreenmanalishi 1
jerry barker (Jun '14) Mar '16 THE BITCH 25
We dont want gays in Boone County (Mar '10) Mar '16 Andre Linoge 3,865
donna stinky pus tuttle (Feb '15) Feb '16 not a fake 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashford Mortgages