Posted in the Ashford Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Soccrmom

United States

#1 Apr 9, 2010
You are grieving now.
But there are alot of people who wish to help you thru this .
I am but one of many who watched this Tragedy and wish we could do something to ease your suffering or at the least , some form of kindness .
If there is anything in our power to do, please let it be known in some fashion .
This is not an idle offer and not a site for B.S.
Please be clear and consice in what we , the community can do .
I hope I have not overstepped my bounds . Yet, there are some things that grip my heart. This was one .
Tiffany

Newport, KY

#2 Apr 10, 2010
My heart goes out to all the families! Such a horrible tragedy...Always in our thoughts and prayers! God Bless you all.
coal miners wife

Waterloo, Canada

#3 Apr 10, 2010
So sad my heart goes out to the family and friends.. We all should say thank you to each and every coal miner we see for what they do for us I have said ty to my hubby for being a coal miner and it scares me for him to walk out the door everyday not knowing if he will come home all we can do is pray to god and thank him for everyday I have him.. My god be with the families of our fallen miners.. God bless you all
Mary

Charleston, WV

#4 Jan 21, 2011
Why would anyone want to work in a mine. I wouldnt think the family of a miner would be so supprised when they are told thier loved on has been killed. It is a very dangerous job to have. But I guess if they are killed in the mine the family gets alot of money, so it all works out in the long run I guess.
w-v coal miner

Charleston, WV

#5 Jan 22, 2011
listen the reason we work in the coal mines is to feed and support our familys.... I guess we could do like the other 70% of boone county and sit at home and sell drugs and collect food stamps...... but my thought on the matter is that we love what we do and love to be able to provide for our familys like we should....
another miners wife

Charleston, WV

#6 Jan 22, 2011
Mary wrote:
Why would anyone want to work in a mine. I wouldnt think the family of a miner would be so supprised when they are told thier loved on has been killed. It is a very dangerous job to have. But I guess if they are killed in the mine the family gets alot of money, so it all works out in the long run I guess.
WTF??? They work in the mines to support their families & to keep your lights on & everything else going around here . You know its assholes like you that has to come on here and make some smartass remark !!! All I can do is pray that you or your family dosen't ever have to hear the words that your son or husband has been killed or maybe your daughter it could happen on the road or anywhere .No amount of MONEY EVER TAKES THE PLACE OF SOMEONES LIFE or MAKES UP FOR IT . At least for DECENT PEOPLE it doesn't !!!! Some of my Friends were killed in that Mine that blew up and not a day goes by that I don't pray for their Families.
June

Mount Hope, WV

#7 Jan 22, 2011
Mary wrote:
Not only does mining pay the bills there is also a since of pride. Why do people join the military? Lots of the same reasons.
Are you kidding

Oak Hill, WV

#8 Jan 22, 2011
Mary wrote:
Let me tell you somthing Mary. I am a proud wife of a coal miner. Why does he do it? To give his family a good life. And yes we know the dangers. All mining families do. How dare you act like it's no big deal if one is hurt or killed. No ammount of money can ease the pain of losing a loved one. I had friends and family who worked for UBB. And I miss them every day. I tell you what walk up to one of us and so it's no big deal. I'm sure you may not like what any one has to say

Since: Jul 10

Charleston, WV

#9 Jan 22, 2011
Mary wrote:
WOW, just when I think I've heard most of the dumbest crap ever, you have to get on here and say that! Are you heartless or just plain ignorant? I have a family member who died in that tragedy! What kind of jobs is there around here for people? None other then the mines really soooo until you start building some places to work and offer everyone jobs, then just shut your mouths. Even if u did though, I'm sure most the miners wouldn't leave because they love it. They love the brothers they make, the money they make and being able to provide a great life for their family no matter if it breaks their backs, wears them out and heck, it might even scare them, but they are brave and go in there and dig the coal used to keep our lights on. Yea, we pay the bills, but they dig the coal so we can even have power. I have 2 other men in my family that are miners and when u say something so stupid and heartless I can't help but tell you how wrong you are. I love those guys and they are the best you would ever know. It's a good thing you hid behind the computer and said this cuz I am sure ANYONE you would say this to in public would put ya in your place!
COAL COAL COAL

Beckley, WV

#10 Jan 22, 2011
Mary wrote:
MAY I ASK WHY IN THE HELL DID YOUR PARENTS/GUARDIAN KEEP YOU??? WHY WOULD THEY WANT TO RAISE "SOMETHING" HEARTLESS AS YOU? CAN YOU ANSWER THAT ONE SMARTA$$? I AM NOT GOING TO WASTE MY TIME ANSWERING YOUR DUMBA$$ QUESTIONS CAUSE FRANKLY MY DEAR YOU DONT HAVE A DAMN BRAIN!!! WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A HEART TO HEART CONVERSATION WITH YOU IN PERSON!!
resident

Oak Hill, WV

#11 Jan 22, 2011
Mary wrote:
Mary??? One day you will reqret making this statement!!!! One day you will feel the pain you have caused these families by making that statement! No one on topix may know who you really are but GOD does!
Mary

Charleston, WV

#12 Jan 22, 2011
I did not mean to hurt anyones feelings. I am 57 years old and was married for 28 years. My husband was killed in an auto accident 6 years ago. A coal truck was going to fast and lost control going around a curve in Mann. So dont tell me I dont know what hurt is. I was just saying its sad to lose someone, but you go on with life. You have to. But it is alot easier if you have money to pay the bills and live a little. You will never forget but it helps to make things easier. I know miners make good money, I just dont see why they dont save up and move instead of living where they have to work in a mine with all the dangers.
Effcoalminerz

Saint Albans, WV

#13 Jan 22, 2011
WOW, here we go again. All of us "normal" people should walk around and thank every coal miner we see and worship their skanky inbred mt.dew chugging rotten toothed asses. I hope Obama and the boys shut all these mines down!! I wish more things like UBB would happen!!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#14 Jan 22, 2011
Effcoalminerz wrote:
WOW, here we go again. All of us "normal" people should walk around and thank every coal miner we see and worship their skanky inbred mt.dew chugging rotten toothed asses. I hope Obama and the boys shut all these mines down!! I wish more things like UBB would happen!!
So are you supporting obama and the epa or are you supporting horrible disasters such as ubb? You must be more specific.
Effcoalminerz

Saint Albans, WV

#15 Jan 22, 2011
I am supporting both, I hope Obama shuts all the coal mines down, if that does not work then things like UBB will do :)
COAL COAL COAL

Beckley, WV

#16 Jan 22, 2011
Effcoalminerz wrote:
"NORMAL" DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR DEFINITION OF NORMAL IS BUT HATE TO BUST THE BUBBLE THAT IS IN YOUR STUPID BRAIN BUT IT WOULDNT WISH ANYTHING LIKE WHAT YOU SAID YOU DUMBA$$...GRAB SOME STEAL TOE BOOTS AND PUT ON YOUR COVERALLS AND GET YOUR A$$ IN THE MINES YOU LOW LIFE PIECE OF CRAP AND WE WILL SHOW YOU WHAT A MINER CAN DO AND TRUST ME YOU WHIMP YOU WONT BE ABLE TO HANG WITH US MR.ABNORMAL....AND OH YEAH YOU MAY WANT TO GO TO THE OPTOMETRIST AND HAVE YOUR EYES EXAMINED CUZ YOUR VIEW OF A COAL MINER IS ALL WRONG BUT THEN AGAIN YOUR SO NORMAL WOULDNT SURPRISE ME IF YOU WAS VIEWING YOUR SELF IN THE MIRROR..GET A LIFE AND I DARE YOU TO TELL A COALMINER WHAT YOU TYPED ON HERE..DOUBLE DARE YA!! HA HA HA!! COME ON DOWN TO THE HOLE WE WILL SHOW YOU WHAT US BROTHERS CAN DO LOL

Since: Jul 10

Charleston, WV

#17 Jan 22, 2011
Effcoalminerz wrote:
WOW ignorance has hit a new low! You don't know any coal miners do you? If you did, you would know your description is totally WRONG!! What's normal anyway? U have a description? As far as I know, unless u have a clone, there is no normal. All of us are different. Who said you should worship them? All I said is they are brave and dig the coal that America needs. You just wished lots of bad luck, maybe even death, upon yourself. What you wish upon others, comes back on u big time. Why are you so hateful? Jealous? Or just hate yourself so you down others? Either way, it's very low to wish death on someone, but you are wishing death upon many people. You sound like a terrorist, or maybe just a drugged up dummy.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#18 Jan 22, 2011
Effcoalminerz wrote:
I am supporting both, I hope Obama shuts all the coal mines down, if that does not work then things like UBB will do :)
You're failing in both arguments.
Come on now, you're better than this
Wife Of A Coal Miner

Barboursville, WV

#19 Jan 22, 2011
what kinda nerve do u have, comin on here & sayin sh!t like that?? thats all west virginia is is COAL MINING!!! if u dont like it then get the HELL out of here... these men do their jobs like any1 else would 2 provide 4 their families & also provide 4 evry1 else along with that.. u r not normal ur just plum down stupid.. u reap what u sow.. just remember that when evrything u just said happens 2 u.. & if u really feel this way about "our miners" y dont u just walk up to 1 & let them know how u feel about them?? y dont u do that instead of hiding behind a computer like a lil p*ssy u r.. cause they would love 2 hear what u have 2 say believe me ;)
ramona

Beckley, WV

#20 Jan 22, 2011
this is for effcoalminer's my brother and he was also my best friend died in the ubb mines and u gonna talk like that good thing your hiding behind that screen name if not u would be one messed up mofo what do u do set around on your butt or sell drugs it' what it sounds like you will never know the pain me and my family knows and his little children u heartless piece of s..t

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ashford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Jun 21 n 1,336
Cheating wife!! Jun 1 haha 27
Who the best looking lady/girl in Ashford&Why? (May '12) May '16 fog 31
dog chasing cars by ashford grade school Apr '16 Thegreenmanalishi 1
jerry barker (Jun '14) Mar '16 THE BITCH 25
We dont want gays in Boone County (Mar '10) Mar '16 Andre Linoge 3,865
donna stinky pus tuttle (Feb '15) Feb '16 not a fake 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ashford Mortgages