Suspects attended robbed church

Suspects attended robbed church

There are 40 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Apr 14, 2008, titled Suspects attended robbed church. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

Brian Tipton was about ready to start preaching when he saw a man duck his head in the door of the Ridgeview Presbyterian Church.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Keith retired Gun-bunny

United States

#1 Apr 15, 2008
Now the suspects are going to attend the Big House with Bubba as the guardian.
Sandlapper NC

Auburn, AL

#2 Apr 15, 2008
I knew things were hitting rock bottom in this Country and this is proff positive.Morals, rights of others and commom courtesy to all is definantly a thing of the past.I personally think we are living in the last of the last days.Read and study your Bible and see what is left to be fulfilled before the the return of our Lord.
Local Joe

Great Falls, MT

#3 Apr 15, 2008
Surely if there is a "Hell" this type of human slime will have the hottest spot there to burn for eternity! I hope so at least.
rnt

United States

#4 Apr 15, 2008
Horray for the law enforcers. Good job. We appreciate you.
WNCnative

Wooster, OH

#5 Apr 15, 2008
But for the Grace of God nobody was hurt, Amen!
what the

Asheville, NC

#6 Apr 15, 2008
find em and execute them.
Adam

Hickory, NC

#7 Apr 15, 2008
Stuff like this is why I changed from pro-life to pro-choice. Now we just need some advertising so that we can get more idiots like this out of the population.
Kweshunater

United States

#8 Apr 15, 2008
I was raised in Mitchell County and am not at all shocked that something so twisted has happened. The meth and pain pill problem along with very few jobs are making people crazy. People will do things today they would have never done before. Those boys had to have been out of their skulls when they robbed the church. I'm glad that no one was shot. Where are we safe in this country?
womanoffaith

Taylorsville, NC

#9 Apr 15, 2008
Adam wrote:
Stuff like this is why I changed from pro-life to pro-choice. Now we just need some advertising so that we can get more idiots like this out of the population.
I'm not following your logic. Pro-choice is before they're born. You think we can tell that someone's going to rob a church at conception and get rid of them then?!?!?! Or are you condoning a Hitler type choosing. You're much scarier than these 3 boys are.
Richard

United States

#10 Apr 15, 2008
Adam wrote:
Adam, what do 2 kids robbing a church they attend have to do with what your decisions regarding the use of your vagina???
granny j

AOL

#11 Apr 15, 2008
It sounds like to me these men didn't have proper raising as a child. Parents doesn't believe in a good old fashioned butt whipping and always use the excuse that the law won't allow them to whip. I whipped my kids when they was young and they grew up to respect other people and their property. Most kids raise themselves these days with both parents working and they either can't afford child care or too stingy to pay for it.
Steven

Marshall, NC

#12 Apr 15, 2008
Its scary to know that I have grown up with one of the boys and played baseball on a youth team together
sunshine

AOL

#13 Apr 15, 2008
Richard wrote:
<quoted text>
Adam, what do 2 kids robbing a church they attend have to do with what your decisions regarding the use of your vagina???
hee,hee!
Bryan

Gould City, MI

#14 Apr 15, 2008
Adam wrote:
Be careful my friend - with comments as dumb as your response, you may have gotten caught up with the other idiots!
Just cause

Asheville, NC

#15 Apr 15, 2008
womanoffaith wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not following your logic. Pro-choice is before they're born. You think we can tell that someone's going to rob a church at conception and get rid of them then?!?!?! Or are you condoning a Hitler type choosing. You're much scarier than these 3 boys are.
I get what he's saying. But it sounds like more of an argument for forced sterilization than abortion. Some people ought not be allowed to breed, the three suspects in quesion among them.
Just cause

Asheville, NC

#16 Apr 15, 2008
Woops. That should be "question."
wjwc

Asheville, NC

#17 Apr 15, 2008
Sandlapper NC wrote:
I knew things were hitting rock bottom in this Country and this is proff positive.Morals, rights of others and commom courtesy to all is definantly a thing of the past.I personally think we are living in the last of the last days.Read and study your Bible and see what is left to be fulfilled before th
e the return of our Lord.
Nothing, Jesus could return at any time. Would that not be wonderful!
Rah

Hendersonville, NC

#18 Apr 15, 2008
Sounds like these kids just watched the movie First Sunday. It's amazing how young kids get stupid ideas from movies.

A church, of all things to rob! What a bunch of idiots.
bj Greenville SC

Hampstead, NC

#19 Apr 15, 2008
Evil men will get worse and worse before the Lord returns.
Skippy

Asheville, NC

#20 Apr 15, 2008
The chickens coming home to roost......priceless

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 18 min tangled bank 176,826
Buncy has been FOUND 1 hr Mayoress Manheimer 4
News 3 charged in North Carolina after 'Kitty' found... Mon Rosie Diabolicka 2
News Speedway Memorial dedicated at Carrier Park ***... (Sep '10) Dec 14 rubbing is racing 10
Poll Is it time for Darcell Grimes to leave WLOS? (Nov '07) Dec 14 Gin Mill 940
aseville courts Dec 10 Anonymous 6
what's fun to do around asheville Dec 9 PhilanthropyLibby 43

Asheville Jobs

Personal Finance

Asheville Mortgages