Lottery win means first vacation in s...

Lottery win means first vacation in six years for NC woman

There are 12 comments on the WYFF-TV Greenville story from May 23, 2013, titled Lottery win means first vacation in six years for NC woman. In it, WYFF-TV Greenville reports that:

Wanda Ruiz Padilla, a factory worker from Arden, plans to use the $200,000 she won playing the Power 7's scratch-off game to fix up her mother's home, pay bills and take her first vacation in six years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WYFF-TV Greenville.

ApePeeD

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#1 May 23, 2013
She might have been able to 'pay her bills', had she not been buying all those lottery tickets since forever.

Chances are, she'll go right back to buying lottery tickets, and after she pays the IRS a good chunk of that money, she won't be all that much richer.
Pauline C

Campobello, SC

#2 May 23, 2013
Wanda is a great person and she deserves all of this. Stop being jealous and be happy for folks
Watching America

Weaverville, NC

#4 May 24, 2013
Maybe she can get her azz off food stamps for a year or two before she pisses it all away
Call me Stupid

Weaverville, NC

#5 May 24, 2013
Watching America wrote:
Maybe she can get her azz off food stamps for a year or two before she pisses it all away
Working at a factory, I doubt she is getting any help.
ApePeeD

Location hidden

#6 May 24, 2013
Call me Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>
Working at a factory, I doubt she is getting any help.
I heard a story of some loser winning like $200 from a lottery scratchoff and losing SSI and foodstamps because of it.
patty

Tucker, GA

#7 May 24, 2013
You are not the judge or the jury. She works hard every day. Put your negativity in your pocket and share it with your family. Oh while you're add it buy you a lottery ticket.
RAS

Piedmont, SC

#8 May 24, 2013
Don't hate! This comment sounds like it came from a person who doesn't have a pot to piss in a window to throw it out of!!!
ApePeeD

Location hidden

#9 May 24, 2013
patty wrote:
Oh while you're add it buy you a lottery ticket.
Ah, yes, I'll go do my civic duty and support public education right now by buying a lottery ticket.

Since: Sep 12

Makati, Philippines

#10 Jun 30, 2013
She's a sweet daughter. She deserves to have a vacation after few years of work. At least now she can afford to have a vacation and fix her mother's house. Hopefully she will use some for investment.
Optimism

Candler, NC

#11 Jun 30, 2013
Playslip wrote:
She's a sweet daughter. She deserves to have a vacation after few years of work. At least now she can afford to have a vacation and fix her mother's house. Hopefully she will use some for investment.
Use some for investment? I guess that would depend on the investment. After Uncle Sam gets through with her she'll have about $120,000 left. How much will it cost to fix mother's house?$20,000? How much will a vacation cost? Unless she's interested in some penny stocks or a nice little cd at .25%apy there's just not much left to do anything with.
Beth Beth and Elaine

Asheville, NC

#13 Jun 30, 2013
Hartsock wrote:
finally retired, after seeing what the pension was, and drawing off a whole life policy has made it able for me to retire.
No phones, no address, no nothing. and i sign my real name.
Beaches and boats, good food, good drink.
chow.
When Willard starts feeling insecure and defeated and looks at himself and sees what a loser he is, he brags. He's really broke, unemployed, and uniformly despised by people who know him. Believe the braggart as you would a liar.

Willard can kill a lion when absent but he fears a mouse when present.

CHOW LOL

Candler, NC

#14 Jun 30, 2013
Hartsock wrote:
finally retired, after seeing what the pension was, and drawing off a whole life policy has made it able for me to retire.
No phones, no address, no nothing. and i sign my real name.
Beaches and boats, good food, good drink.
chow.
chow? what a dope

ciao!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Johnny Miller 45 min Allan Melvin 4
Crazy Larry= Willard (Apr '11) 5 hr Canterbury Tales 15
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 7 hr scientia potentia... 151,494
News Complaints against NC car dealers rise (May '09) 13 hr Asheville visitor 33
Craig's List M4M Massager Has A.I.D.S. 13 hr Cam 25
Sales Leads For Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning Co... (Oct '12) Tue Kari 2
I Am Being Sexually Harrassed at Asheville Onen... Tue Old Sarge 21

Asheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Asheville Mortgages