Do you trust people who do not like a...

Do you trust people who do not like animals?

Created by Gentry on May 15, 2008

1,641 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

First Prev
of 13
Next Last

“Wring the juice out of life !”

Since: Feb 07

Asheville , NC

#1 May 15, 2008
I have a hard time trusting folks that don't like animals. I was just wondering if I'm the only one who feels this way.

“Why do ya need to know that?”

Leicester

#2 May 15, 2008
You know you are not. If one cannot be good to a creature, how are they going to be kind to a human who is way more demanding than a canine could ever be?

I also dont care much for those canine or cat owners who only give a damn about "their" pets, either.
Fred

Auburn, AL

#3 May 15, 2008
I have a hard time trusting people that dogs don't like.

Leicester

#4 May 15, 2008
Fred wrote:
LOL. Excellent point.

Asheville , NC

#5 May 15, 2008
Dunnin wrote:
You know you are not. If one cannot be good to a creature, how are they going to be kind to a human who is way more demanding than a canine could ever be?
I also dont care much for those canine or cat owners who only give a damn about "their" pets, either.
I wasn't necessarily talking about people who are mean to animals....they just don't like them, AT ALL. I have a woman in my boyfriend's family who is really Fee-Fee about even having a dog or cat near her. She never touches my dogs (and they are clean) and just acts uncomfortable around them. People like that, to me, seem dull and colorless. I know I shouldn't be so judgemental about it...but I can't seem to help feeling that way.

Asheville , NC

#6 May 15, 2008
Fred wrote:
SO true.....if you raise the hackles on my hounds, you raise MY hackles!

“PO'd Puddy Cat”

Since: Jan 08

Asheville NC

#7 May 15, 2008
I cannot and will not trust anyone that does not like animals, or that animals do not like. My grandfather always told me beware of someone that children and dogs do not like or trust. i found this is an excelent measure of a person.
GenLee

Asheville, NC

#8 May 15, 2008
What's not to like about critters? a lot of them are pretty tasty...

Since: May 08

Columbia, SC

#9 May 15, 2008
I don't like animals, and I think I am very trustworthy. I am not mean to animals. I'm just not an animal person. I agree that if a dog doesn't like a certain person then be a little wary, but saying someone is not trustworthy just because they are not an animal lover like yourself is ridiculous.

Asheville , NC

#10 May 15, 2008
wait - what wrote:
I don't like animals, and I think I am very trustworthy. I am not mean to animals. I'm just not an animal person. I agree that if a dog doesn't like a certain person then be a little wary, but saying someone is not trustworthy just because they are not an animal lover like yourself is ridiculous.
Like I said, I have no idea why I feel that way. I just do. Never have trusted a man or woman who disliked animals. I've also found that people who like animals are more likely for kids to like them. I have never had children, but I'm willing to get down and play with dogs and kids without fear of getting dirty or messed up. It seems people who don't like animals don't like to get "dirty", and seem like boring people to me.

Since: Oct 07

Greer, SC

#11 May 15, 2008
Gentry wrote:
I have a hard time trusting folks that don't like animals. I was just wondering if I'm the only one who feels this way.
No, there's something wrong with people who don't like animals. I don't trust them or care to be around them. I love them all, animals, that is, even the bears, raccoons, possums and turkeys who come to our house. I adore them all.

Greer, SC

#12 May 15, 2008
The're not only boring, the're prissy, and I can't stand prissy people. Ya know, I love getting down in the floor/ground and playing with animals. We had friends who owned a pair of skunks (fixed, of course), and I had the most fun playing with them. Now, if I could just find someone with a monkey!

Leicester

#13 May 15, 2008
wait - what wrote:
My Mother has never liked animals, either. Nor has one of my sisters. They are both cold and yet, consider themselves "good people". I consider it debateable.

If one of my dogs acts beyond what is normally considered their norm around someone, yes, it sets off alarm bells. They are never invited back. If they were invited here in the first place.

“Ride free”

Since: Nov 07

Asheville

#14 May 15, 2008
I love dogs, dogs are just cool, and I really do think that God made dogs for human conpanionship. I don't like mean dogs that hurt people and I think there owners should be responsible when their dogs hurt someone. I also think that there are good people who just don't like animals or they just don't want the responsibility of taking care of them.

Asheville

#15 May 15, 2008
Should our next poll be can we trust people who don't like or have children.

I think both assumptions are retarded. People don't like or choose to not have animals for a variety of reasons just as some people choose to not have kids.
BTW I do like animals and I do have a pet, I value humans far more though.

Since: Mar 08

Greenville, SC

#16 May 15, 2008
I have a hard time trusting anyone, period.

Leicester

#17 May 15, 2008
Free wrote:
I think both assumptions are retarded. People don't like or choose to not have animals for a variety of reasons just as some people choose to not have kids.
You are certainly welcome to your opinion, Free. I just disagree with it. I think there are people who DONT like animals, at all. I dont understand them and find them to be very cold hearted individuals. Just not my type of people.

I love animals and I have several pets. I dont value human lives any more than I value theirs. Different strokes for different folks.

You and I will never agree on this. I know what you think. Its ok. Im always your forum friend.

“8 year nightmare is over”

Since: Apr 07

Denver, NC

#18 May 15, 2008
Fred wrote:
I key off of my dogs first response to a person. If the dogs don't like them then I'm wary.

My dogs haver NEVER been wrong!

“Not as smart as I look.....”

Leicester

#19 May 15, 2008
I'm not sure I understand the question. Why would I have to "trust" anyone I would'nt associate with In the first place?

Asheville , NC

#20 May 15, 2008
Free wrote:
I started the poll because I genuinely do have a hard time with people who don't like animals. They do seem, as Dunnin said, COLD to me. When my boyfriend's daughter in law comes to visit, I feel like I have to put all my animals away she is so fee-fee, prissy, whatever you want to call it around them. And I have found that people who do like animals are more fun people to be around. Dogs remind us to play, to be silly, to have fun and not worry about "stuff" so much.

I also think you can have a big enough heart to love both people and animals. No one says you have to restrict your compassion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 57 min Subduction Zone 159,296
Asheville Sucks! 17 hr Billy Blowmeat 4
I Feel Unsafe At Asheville Oneness Deeksha 17 hr Muffy Pierce 16
Lesbianism @ Asheville Oness Blessing 17 hr Muffy Pierce 17
Support President Trump 17 hr Muffy Pierce 26
Asheville Nature Center a JOKE! 23 hr Ripped Off 1
Asheville needs an Amtrak Station! Mon Georgia Native 3

Asheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Asheville Mortgages