Top 10 reasons why Asheville sucks
Barbara

Fletcher, NC

#170 Jul 20, 2013
I am sick to death of Asheville!
Topicksicide

Jefferson, GA

#171 Jul 20, 2013
Barbara wrote:
I am sick to death of Asheville!
You have no soul and you hate life.
Please move back to South Carolina.
Johanna

United States

#172 Sep 16, 2013
I think it's an ugly city.
No waterfront. Overdevelpment,
not many parks.Most overrated city of the south.
Faye

Candler, NC

#173 Sep 16, 2013
Johanna wrote:
I think it's an ugly city.
No waterfront. Overdevelpment,
not many parks.Most overrated city of the south.
Oh my surely you didn't think there was waterfront when you moved here?
Collin Evans

Candler, NC

#175 Sep 16, 2013
Johanna wrote:
I think it's an ugly city.
No waterfront. Overdevelpment,
not many parks.Most overrated city of the south.
Perhaps you should move to the French Riviera. It's lovely this time of year.
Avillidiot

Greer, SC

#176 Nov 21, 2013
" With a crime rate of 52 per one thousand residents, Asheville has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 19. Within North Carolina, more than 81% of the communities have a lower crime rate than Asheville. " neighborhoodscout.com
ApePeeD

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#178 Nov 21, 2013
Tabitha wrote:
There are 2 celebrities that live here
Billy Graham and Andie Macdowell
1) Billy Graham -- I swear they're pumping formaldehyde in that guy's veins at this point.
2) Andie Macdowell --*** WHO?***
ted

Asheville, NC

#182 Dec 4, 2013
I moved here from Brookings Oregon,(look it up) for work. All I can say is that everything about this place sucks. The people are stupid, everything is expensive including the so called "good weed" lmao, what a joke. The mountains are off limits,(no open fire roads or anything). Ingles sucks ass, the fishing sucks ass, the freeways and the drivers on them suck ass. And there are no reasonably priced homes for rent. That's okay though, when I'm ready to leave I'll hook my travel trailer up and go back to oregon where they actually have mountains, and trees, and steelhead/salmon, and dank weed that IS cheap, not to mention people are actually willing to sell you some.

This timber faller dislikes asheville nc...
det

Sherrills Ford, NC

#183 Dec 4, 2013
ted wrote:
I moved here from Brookings Oregon,(look it up) for work. All I can say is that everything about this place sucks. The people are stupid, everything is expensive including the so called "good weed" lmao, what a joke. The mountains are off limits,(no open fire roads or anything). Ingles sucks ass, the fishing sucks ass, the freeways and the drivers on them suck ass. And there are no reasonably priced homes for rent. That's okay though, when I'm ready to leave I'll hook my travel trailer up and go back to oregon where they actually have mountains, and trees, and steelhead/salmon, and dank weed that IS cheap, not to mention people are actually willing to sell you some.
This timber faller dislikes asheville nc...
I see... you're complaining that it's hard to be a poor pothead here. You sound like an extremely perceptive individual, and obviously an impressive contributor to society as a whole. However, you might want to polish your argument a little. You see, Asheville can't really suck so badly if it's been able to attract so many people with so much money that an impoverished stoner such as yourself can't make a go of it.

Best of luck on your return to Oregon. As Heidi Klum would say, "Auf weidersehen." Kiss kiss and all that. Don't hit any deer on the way back west, okay? And be sure to call when you get back, otherwise we'll just worry ourselves sick.
ted

Portland, OR

#184 Dec 17, 2013
det wrote:
<quoted text>
I see... you're complaining that it's hard to be a poor pothead here. You sound like an extremely perceptive individual, and obviously an impressive contributor to society as a whole. However, you might want to polish your argument a little. You see, Asheville can't really suck so badly if it's been able to attract so many people with so much money that an impoverished stoner such as yourself can't make a go of it.
Best of luck on your return to Oregon. As Heidi Klum would say, "Auf weidersehen." Kiss kiss and all that. Don't hit any deer on the way back west, okay? And be sure to call when you get back, otherwise we'll just worry ourselves sick.
Aaah, another judgement passing pro! I'm in Oregon right now actually! Flew into crescent city on the 14th. Just for the holiday season though, too many important engagements back east to just stay here even though I wish I could! DAMN the pot is cheap. Its a flooded market over here. Gosh I hate to go back to trashville, but a guy has to put $$ in the bank.
So go ahead and assume that I am poor, I'll think about that when I'm getting sunburned in the french riviera this spring lol. Maybe I'll call from there, but first you need to supply me with a phone number! Don't bullshit either...
Btw the weather out here since saturday has been amazing! Pure sunshine! Fuck asheville and its faux...
ted

Portland, OR

#185 Dec 17, 2013
Excuse me, next spring.. Can't wait!
Heidi Klum

Asheville, NC

#186 Dec 18, 2013
I don't say it like that.
Love It

Candler, NC

#187 Dec 18, 2013
Love hearing about people that come here and hate it. I really get a charge out of knowing that their lives suck so bad and yet they stay and keep on hating and their lives keep on sucker. Dumbass kuckers aren't they? Life is short, stay miserable, then you die.
ted

Portland, OR

#188 Dec 18, 2013
Btw, im in my 20s, lots of life ahead... I just find it hilarious how expensive such a sub-par community such as buncombe county is. The crime lately is atrocious! There are so many better bangs for the buck in America. I guess I kind of pitty the folks who are tricking themselves into believing that their quality of life is worth the price. My employer lives in a "good" part of town and he pays wayyy too much. For christ sake, places like monterey CA are cheaper to live! At least there is an ocean and a race track there! Last time I was in monterey they where hosting an exotic car auction. It was like walking around in monaco. Asheville on the other hand... have fun in your western nc armpit, I'll be out of that slop for good pretty soon!
Kenneth

Candler, NC

#189 Dec 18, 2013
ted wrote:
Btw, im in my 20s, lots of life ahead... I just find it hilarious how expensive such a sub-par community such as buncombe county is. The crime lately is atrocious! There are so many better bangs for the buck in America. I guess I kind of pitty the folks who are tricking themselves into believing that their quality of life is worth the price. My employer lives in a "good" part of town and he pays wayyy too much. For christ sake, places like monterey CA are cheaper to live! At least there is an ocean and a race track there! Last time I was in monterey they where hosting an exotic car auction. It was like walking around in monaco. Asheville on the other hand... have fun in your western nc armpit, I'll be out of that slop for good pretty soon!
There are those who do not have to live pay check to pay check so our enjoyment of the area may have something to do with being able to pay for whatever we want whenever we want. It does make things so enjoyable.
ted

Portland, OR

#190 Dec 18, 2013
What do you buy? There IS nothing worth buying. Unless you like bad art. I just flew across the country with less than a weeks notice. I'll be here for 3 weeks, Then I go back to work. Right paycheck to paycheck.. you snobs may need to get out more, then again, some folks just have bad taste..
CJones7

United States

#191 Dec 18, 2013
Ashevlle is really overrated.
Chattanooga is underrated..
Also the so called art lol
7Cojones

Sherrills Ford, NC

#192 Dec 19, 2013
CJones7 wrote:
Ashevlle is really overrated.
Chattanooga is underrated..
Also the so called art lol
Well, the first question we'd have to ask is why you're still here, unless you don't have enough sense to leave someplace you hate -- in which case, bless your heart.

However, I wasn't as impressed with Chattanooga as I'd hoped to be. I do like their art museum, but downtown wasn't very inspiring. Too much chain retail and chain restaurants, and it looks like they lost an awful lot of their historic architecture over the years. Architecturally, their downtown just doesn't "pop" the way Asheville's does. Definitely less Art Deco than Asheville, also. Then there's the climate -- it's just hotter there, and when you compare the cost of living to wages there, it isn't any cheaper to live there either. I figure though, that's because there are so few places in Tennessee that don't suck to live that the few that don't suck use that as an excuse to jack up the price of everything. Same thing happens in South Carolina, you know -- the few places that aren't horrible are too expensive to live in solely because they're not horrible.
Margie

Candler, NC

#193 Dec 19, 2013
No. 7 Worst-Paying City: Chattanooga, Tenn.-Ga.
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/efkk45mhij/no-...

10 Worst Cities For Allergies ...Chattanooga, Tenn.
http://xfinity.comcast.net/slideshow/news-10w...

So you're poor and you sneeze a lot. It could be worse.
Katie

Candler, NC

#194 Dec 20, 2013
I have lived here for 26 years and love it here. Beautiful, fun, vibrant. I know the wages aren't great and it's tough for people who don't make much. It's expensive. But we all have choices. I'd rather live here than live in Charlotte and make more money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 3 hr Samuel Patre 168,707
Pride Of The Greatest Generation 9 hr BeNiceNow 5
ABE LINCOLN Was A WHITE SUPREMACIST RACIST 14 hr Gin Mill 82
Lying Liars and the Lies they tell (Oct '09) 19 hr Tar Heel Born 61
News Answer Man: Can a non-citizen serve on a jury? Sun Stevie Cockerelburn 1
News Historian Karen Cox confronts Confederate monum... Sun Smack 1
News Ten Thousand turn out to protest Gop in Ashevil... (Aug '13) May 17 RNN 7

Asheville Jobs

Personal Finance

Asheville Mortgages