Top 10 reasons why Asheville sucks
George Bush

Sweden

#197 Apr 4, 2014
Sweet Girl wrote:
Why does Obama love Asheville then? He has traveled everywhere!
By the way 4,000, 5,000 mountains are not hills!
Try climbing them!
Mount mitchell is 6,700 feet not that far
from Asheville.
You Suck just like obama does!!!
George Bush

Sweden

#198 Apr 4, 2014
You Suck just like obama does!!!
You need to try Texas!
LOL

Asheville, NC

#199 May 19, 2014
If you love drugs come to Asheville. Drug dealers make house calls. For all the crackheads out there who think bumping bass covers your dealing conversations. Think again! Parabolic mics and a simple computer program can take all of your music out and leave the conversation clear as day. All you do when you crank that crap up is attract attention to yourself and get the cops called.(Of course you're gone when they get here.) But keep in mind that the DEA isn't the cops and I snitch.
Uncle Perv

Hendersonville, NC

#200 May 19, 2014
Love the drugs, but nobody here knows how to give a good bj. Strictly amateur hour. Let's work on this.
unca blue banner

Easley, SC

#201 May 22, 2014
Asheville is the land of crooked government...bad cops....drugs....redneck/good ol boy & hippie/gay rights/hipster mind sets......broke families & people across the board that are selfish as it gets......can't forget the abortion queens & drunks & bums
ApePeeD

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#202 May 23, 2014
Uncle Perv wrote:
Love the drugs, but nobody here knows how to give a good bj. Strictly amateur hour. Let's work on this.
Have you tried the homosexual establishments? I have heard they're quite skilled in their trade.
asheville native

Glenview, IL

#203 Jun 15, 2014
Ashevillian wrote:
<quoted text> You are correct on all 10!
all the things you claim make asheville suck show your not from here. you should just leave .
Mark

Asheville, NC

#204 Jun 16, 2014
Asheville's a pretty cool place to live.
ApePeeD

Location hidden

#205 Jun 17, 2014
Mark wrote:
Asheville's a pretty cool place to live.
That's what the homeless guy told me at the bus station, too!
Mark

Asheville, NC

#206 Jun 17, 2014
ApePeeD wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what the homeless guy told me at the bus station, too!
I've never been to the bus station or talked with anyone there so you would know how homeless people in bus stations feel much more than I do. I'll take your word for it.
Daniel duarte

Miami, FL

#208 Jul 23, 2014
Red Hot Poker wrote:
Lately, Id say it sucks because its so damn hot.
dude it's like 65 degrees like WTF
GiovanniTheGreat

Auburn, CA

#209 Sep 14, 2014
Asheville to me seems like an Appalachian version of Northern California. A crappy overpriced dump with tons of drugs. I plan to relocate to FL from CA but trust me Ashevillians, I will not be coming to your area anytime soon. Its just so depressing appearing I might as well be in Nevada City or Chico CA at the end of the day. Depressed overpriced dumps that get only people with money and weed or should I throw in Humboldt County as well as a comparison? Asheville seems the most like Northern California to me so naturally I would want to avoid it. I will not be one of those FL/CA/East Coast guys coming there to price anything up as I am poor myself trying to get my crap together. Asheville is the LAST place I would go.
Good deal

Asheville, NC

#210 Sep 14, 2014
GiovanniTheGreat wrote:
Asheville to me seems like an Appalachian version of Northern California. A crappy overpriced dump with tons of drugs. I plan to relocate to FL from CA but trust me Ashevillians, I will not be coming to your area anytime soon. Its just so depressing appearing I might as well be in Nevada City or Chico CA at the end of the day. Depressed overpriced dumps that get only people with money and weed or should I throw in Humboldt County as well as a comparison? Asheville seems the most like Northern California to me so naturally I would want to avoid it. I will not be one of those FL/CA/East Coast guys coming there to price anything up as I am poor myself trying to get my crap together. Asheville is the LAST place I would go.
It is a bit more like a smaller Berkeley really. Lots of hippies (old and young), weird and bizarre clothing, lots of facial hair and tattoos, plenty of weed, overpriced houses and a good view from some areas. No glimpses of the Golden Gate though.:(
ApePeeD

Location hidden

#211 Sep 15, 2014
GiovanniTheGreat wrote:
Asheville {...} A crappy overpriced dump with tons of drugs.
I keep hearing about all these great drugs in Asheville and never see them.
ApePeeD

Location hidden

#222 Sep 16, 2014
Sharron Angle wrote:
The worst thing about Asheville is the fluoridated water.
You know, it's the cause of global warming.
Satyam OshoLiar Hoffman

Wilson, NC

#224 Sep 17, 2014
A does suck if you ae he.
Satyam OshoLiar Hoffman

Wilson, NC

#225 Sep 17, 2014
Ashville does suck if you are at the leftwing stall in the gay bathroom at Smokey Joe's.hehe.
emily honeycutt56

Powell, TN

#229 Sep 20, 2014
Sounds like you nailed it.....from an outsiders view but from someone who lives here let me tell you a few reasons why asheville really sucks. Low wages.....transplanted people and usually the bottom feeders move here and cause all sorts of havoc......little princesses come to college here and become lesbiens or have abortions left and right......beer city? How bout city of stumbling self absorbed drunks & drunk drivers......crooked law enforcement crooked local govt and crooked business owners......pawn shop in general......road beautification project right beside the pothole filled roads...biased news station who has to get clearance from the DA before they report any real news....etc etc etc
Hannah

Asheville, NC

#230 Sep 20, 2014
emily honeycutt56 wrote:
Sounds like you nailed it.....from an outsiders view but from someone who lives here let me tell you a few reasons why asheville really sucks. Low wages.....transplanted people and usually the bottom feeders move here and cause all sorts of havoc......little princesses come to college here and become lesbiens or have abortions left and right......beer city? How bout city of stumbling self absorbed drunks & drunk drivers......crooked law enforcement crooked local govt and crooked business owners......pawn shop in general......road beautification project right beside the pothole filled roads...biased news station who has to get clearance from the DA before they report any real news....etc etc etc
How sad to live somewhere you hate so much. Why don't you move to somewhere you like? Life is too short and you don't get a dress rehearsal. I love Asheville and that's why my family moved here. Love it every day. Hated Charlotte and so here we are.
gmizzy

Rutherfordton, NC

#231 Nov 13, 2014
asheville is a dumb. i hate it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WNC sees unease over corporal punishment (Apr '08) 40 min Whips nip Christ 205
I Am Being Sexually Harrassed at Asheville Onen... 6 hr Bud 19
More On Asheville Oneness Deeksha The Cult 6 hr TG Shannon 11
Craig's List M4M Massager Has A.I.D.S. 6 hr TG Shannon 24
Worst Ford Dealers in WNC 16 hr Victor 2
Prostitution in Asheville. Pics and stories! (Jul '10) Fri Melinda 117
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) Thu Chimney1 151,481

Asheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Asheville Mortgages