It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 151451 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#121514 Sep 16, 2013
"Too many" not "two many" of course

Location hidden

#121515 Sep 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Having focused on the flood girls, you can now acknowledge that the 2 oldest hap tree levels could have already been gone prior to the flood. In fact, you virtually have been demanding it. You have also acknowledged that an unknown number of the most recent levels are still with us, so perhaps we're down to about 10 levels disappearing in the 4500 years since the flood. The further we go with the analysis, the more promising generating the hap tree in 4500 years looks. Please continue.
BTW, have I forgotten to tell you I'm good with math and comprehensive data analysis?!
No. For the first three, one type might go all the way back to the biblical Eve if as per your hypothesis, eve lived about 6000 years ago. But if there are 3 different haps in the flood girls - the max allowed for your sake - at least 2 would have to be mutant forms.

As for recent ones, its unknown to me how far back existing forms are but not to researchers.

You might be good at data analysis but that will only help you once you understand the nested heirarchy as a model. By your other comment about what seems to suit me, it looks like you do not. Why dont you look up nested hierarchy on google?,
KAB

United States

#121516 Sep 16, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I would never have guessed that based on you psychotic rambling on this thread.
Perhaps you could give an example. Of course, instead you will just proclaim they're there and everyone knows they're there, so you're not going to bother. Does that rather accurately describe the drill?
KAB

United States

#121517 Sep 16, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You have been presented with a vast amount of evidence from multiple sources that refutes a global flood. Your persistence is based on lies, ignorance and delusion.
Your continued denial of this is just a symptom of whatever pathology is plaguing your beleaguered mind.
I am sure you are entitled to your opinion though.
You neglected mentioning the data driving my persistence.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#121518 Sep 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
KAB data:
"Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so...."

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#121519 Sep 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Having focused on the flood girls, you can now acknowledge that the 2 oldest hap tree levels could have already been gone prior to the flood. In fact, you virtually have been demanding it. You have also acknowledged that an unknown number of the most recent levels are still with us, so perhaps we're down to about 10 levels disappearing in the 4500 years since the flood. The further we go with the analysis, the more promising generating the hap tree in 4500 years looks. Please continue.
BTW, have I forgotten to tell you I'm good with math and comprehensive data analysis?!

You appear to be poor with math and data analysis. You are good with rationalization, but that is not science nor is it scientific. You also have a distorted sense of self and are burdened with self esteem issues.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121520 Sep 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You are every bit as correct this time as I have shown you to be numerous times before.

Ah, so 100%. Great.

Lucky shot on my part. Generalizing from symptoms is just a statistical thing.

I just worked backwards from the facts that you are a JW (many if not most of whom are in the lower socioeconomic bracket), are narcissistic, evasive, a liar and ......

Now, back to your personality disorder. Do you evidence the same pathological traits in your association with other dubs?

" Jehovah's Witnesses encourage cleanness (physical, mental, and spiritual), honesty, modesty..."

Do you feel you are being spiritually clean, honest and modest in you online interactions?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121521 Sep 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

You are entitled to your opinion. Imagined data and all.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#121522 Sep 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sure. Persistently ignore data that refutes your arguments in the hope you will stumble across something that might. However thin.

Location hidden

#121523 Sep 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Now now KAB. Stop responding to the jabs and lets continue our analysis.

Do you understand the difference between parent groups and sibling groups on the Haplotype tree yet?

Do you see why its impossible for most of the parent groups down 20 levels to have disappeared in a mere 4500 years? If not, why not?
KAB

United States

#121524 Sep 16, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. For the first three, one type might go all the way back to the biblical Eve if as per your hypothesis, eve lived about 6000 years ago. But if there are 3 different haps in the flood girls - the max allowed for your sake - at least 2 would have to be mutant forms.
As for recent ones, its unknown to me how far back existing forms are but not to researchers.
You might be good at data analysis but that will only help you once you understand the nested heirarchy as a model. By your other comment about what seems to suit me, it looks like you do not. Why dont you look up nested hierarchy on google?,
My proposal is that all 3 flood girls be mutant forms of the first 2 hap tree levels. None had to be "at" either of those levels. Indeed, those levels would be gone, especially after the flood, right?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121525 Sep 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
My proposal is that all 3 flood girls be mutant forms of the first 2 hap tree levels. None had to be "at" either of those levels. Indeed, those levels would be gone, especially after the flood, right?

Even based on maximum diversity of all 6 (which is not possible since 3 of them are sibs) it would still not be possible by orders of magnitude.

Location hidden

#121526 Sep 16, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so you start with that unlikely scenario. The three girls are all mutants, none are the original Eve hap. Even though only 1500 years have passed since Eve, and its supposedly been a period of rapid growth. I will let you have it.

Now, following their disembarkation they get onto some serious doubling and redoubling etc for the next 800 years or so. In that case their haps will not be gone. They cannot disappear under rapid growth as we have already seen.

On the other hand by NOW, 4500 years later, after the period of rapid doubling ended and we underwent 3700 years of "slow growth", these three original haps should have just recently disappeared completely...so now you have accounted for the three earliest hap levels. I gave you two before the flood (unlikely, that is too many) and then the flood girl haps die out after the expected 3500 years when growth is low. Lets give you 4 levels just to be generous! Not only their haps but all the next level mutants are gone (which should take ANOTHER 3500 years but I am being nice)...YOU still have multiple levels missing from your scenario.

There just has not been enough time.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121527 Sep 16, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so you start with that unlikely scenario. The three girls are all mutants, none are the original Eve hap. Even though only 1500 years have passed since Eve, and its supposedly been a period of rapid growth. I will let you have it.
Now, following their disembarkation they get onto some serious doubling and redoubling etc for the next 800 years or so. In that case their haps will not be gone. They cannot disappear under rapid growth as we have already seen.
On the other hand by NOW, 4500 years later, after the period of rapid doubling ended and we underwent 3700 years of "slow growth", these three original haps should have just recently disappeared completely...so now you have accounted for the three earliest hap levels. I gave you two before the flood (unlikely, that is too many) and then the flood girl haps die out after the expected 3500 years when growth is low. Lets give you 4 levels just to be generous! Not only their haps but all the next level mutants are gone (which should take ANOTHER 3500 years but I am being nice)...YOU still have multiple levels missing from your scenario.
There just has not been enough time.

KAB is not so technically savvy.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#121528 Sep 16, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, so 100%. Great.
Lucky shot on my part. Generalizing from symptoms is just a statistical thing.
I just worked backwards from the facts that you are a JW (many if not most of whom are in the lower socioeconomic bracket), are narcissistic, evasive, a liar and ......
Now, back to your personality disorder. Do you evidence the same pathological traits in your association with other dubs?
" Jehovah's Witnesses encourage cleanness (physical, mental, and spiritual), honesty, modesty..."
Do you feel you are being spiritually clean, honest and modest in you online interactions?
I try to follow the direction given at 1 Cor. 11:1.

Location hidden

#121529 Sep 17, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Even based on maximum diversity of all 6 (which is not possible since 3 of them are sibs) it would still not be possible by orders of magnitude.
I have allowed KAB to have them all different, just to be as lenient on the conditions as possible.

As we know in reality, if all three were siblings with the same mother, they should all have the same Haplotype of mtDNA. But if by some remote chance (1/67 to the power of 3 = in chance in 300,000!), they were all different, they would still be second generation and their mother would technically be the new mitochondrial Eve.

So each daughter is Level 2 and the mother is gone. Now they begin the remorseless doublings....and still KAB cannot make it work. Still cannot explain how not only they but several consecutive Haptype generations following them have all disappeared.

Well to be honest, KAB can still not offer suggestions that enable ME to make it work....I am the one doing all the calculations around here!

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121530 Sep 17, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I try to follow the direction given at 1 Cor. 11:1.

Better luck next time.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#121531 Sep 17, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have allowed KAB to have them all different, just to be as lenient on the conditions as possible.
As we know in reality, if all three were siblings with the same mother, they should all have the same Haplotype of mtDNA. But if by some remote chance (1/67 to the power of 3 = in chance in 300,000!), they were all different, they would still be second generation and their mother would technically be the new mitochondrial Eve.
So each daughter is Level 2 and the mother is gone. Now they begin the remorseless doublings....and still KAB cannot make it work. Still cannot explain how not only they but several consecutive Haptype generations following them have all disappeared.
Well to be honest, KAB can still not offer suggestions that enable ME to make it work....I am the one doing all the calculations around here!

His pseudoscience is of the garden variety. He starts with his religious presuppositions and tries to make reality fit his a priori beliefs. That is just so typical of this type.

If he had any honesty or credibility he would do the work himself. The fact is that he does not have a clue as to where to start AND his cult does not allow him to read or express anything that could cause himself or his fellow dubs to doubt. Seriously.

He his pushing closer and closer to irrational
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

#121532 Sep 17, 2013
KAB, you should always be skeptical when someone tells you that you shouldn't or can't know something.

This is a strong indication that whoever is telling you this is both lying and doesn't have your best interests in mind.

Yes, even if it is written in the Bible.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#121533 Sep 17, 2013
Strel wrote:
KAB, you should always be skeptical when someone tells you that you shouldn't or can't know something.
This is a strong indication that whoever is telling you this is both lying and doesn't have your best interests in mind.
Yes, even if it is written in the Bible.
You don't know KAB like we know KAB.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Asheville police target Hillcrest crime (Jul '12) 1 hr Stay Away 20
Johnny Miller 22 hr Shesahomewrecker 3
I Am Being Sexually Harrassed at Asheville Onen... Tue Queen 16
Should Street Preaching be Illegal (Dec '13) Mon Preacher 14
Craig's List M4M Massager Has A.I.D.S. Mon Gary FortWorth J... 22
More On Asheville Oneness Deeksha The Cult Aug 20 Shannon 8
Worst Ford Dealers in WNC Aug 19 Lost customer 1

Asheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance