It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 162981 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Indianapolis, IN

#115895 May 19, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Now show the results for the use of "belly" in Jonah 1:17 from your reference.
{yawn}

Indianapolis, IN

#115896 May 19, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it about you that won't allow you to acknowledge that I am correct? The data has been provided and acknowledged. All that remains is to acknowledge the conclusion, confirmed by the data, that I am correct. Dr. D could probably even tell you it would be cathartic for you to do so.
You are not correct. You are a lunatic. You could not find a single first level reference to back yourself up so you kept going until you found something that seems like you were right. You are not.

I doubt you can even find one bible that renders the story as somewhere else in the 'fish' besides its belly. So now you set yourself up as the ultimate biblical authority. What a schmuck.

Only an idiot would believe that a human could survive 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of a 'fish'. And that idiot is you.

Indianapolis, IN

#115897 May 19, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Mike needs to relax and enjoy the show the clown is putting on.
Tell us again that you are correct. That was funny.
Hilarious.

Indianapolis, IN

#115898 May 19, 2013
Joe wrote:
Evolution is just plain stupidity. Deep down everyone including darwin knows their is a GOD. Maybe something happened in life that upset them so they blame GOD. So then they make up the greatest lie ever concieved, and try to teach this stupidity to our kids. Just my 2 cents
It isn't worth that much.

Indianapolis, IN

#115899 May 19, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The waters receded far enough in 150 days to enable what? Be quick with your answer. Bob is chomping at the bit to get in here. He's sure he knows the answer. Do you? He says it's a no brainer!
There
was
no
flood

Indianapolis, IN

#115900 May 19, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, water rising uniformly at roughly 10 ft/hr. Is there a problem with that?
And did not leave world-wide evidence. Yeah, I got a problem with that, loony.

Indianapolis, IN

#115901 May 19, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for reinforcing that, as I've stated numerous times, most expressions can have multiple legitimate possible meanings.
But not all. Which is why we laugh at you.

Indianapolis, IN

#115902 May 19, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for reinforcing that, as I've stated numerous times, most expressions can have multiple legitimate possible meanings.
Here's how KAB's bullshit works.

The sky is blue.

Definition of BLUE
: of the color blue
a : bluish <the blue haze of tobacco smoke>
b : discolored by or as if by bruising <blue with cold>
c : bluish gray <a blue cat>
a : low in spirits : melancholy
b : marked by low spirits : depressing <a blue funk> <things looked blue>
: wearing blue
of a woman : learned, intellectual
: puritanical
a : profane, indecent <blue movie>
b : off-color, risqué <blue jokes>
: of, relating to, or used in blues <a blue song>

Therefore the sky can be melancholy because it is with in all possible meanings of the word.

Indianapolis, IN

#115903 May 19, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The best translation is something akin to "inward parts" so as not to be inappropriately restrictive. Actually, "belly" in its most general sense, is not bad, except that there are zealots such as yourself who take that and run exclusively to the stomach with it.
But of course. It makes perfect sense that Jonah spent 3 days in the spleen. Putz.

Indianapolis, IN

#115904 May 19, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking thru is an excellent discipline.
With that in mind, think thru how the flood account doesn't state how much water was in the form of rain. Think thru how much havoc tides wreak today as they go thru their slow rise and fall? Think thru and explain why and how water would crash over high areas. The only such that I can explain water crashing over is something like the closed rim of a global scale flood gauge or some similar closed elevated-rim structure. Think thru valleys with water rising relatively slowly and steadily, as we have already thought thru, from the downstream end.
There
was\
no.
Flood
KAB wrote:
You are so not technically savvy.
You are so not savvy. Period.

Indianapolis, IN

#115905 May 19, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
Evolution is a theory from an agnostic person, who spent his life trying to decieve people into not believing in God.
Idiot. Darwin studied for the priesthood. He may have become an agnostic but he did NOT devote his life in trying to get people not to believe in god. Now STFU.

Indianapolis, IN

#115906 May 19, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
So...you hate God so much, that you would tell any lie to disagree with His people?
We disagree with the morons. You included.

Indianapolis, IN

#115907 May 19, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no proof.
I've been looking for proof of evolution for decades, but there is none to be found, just hoaxes, sorry.
Clueless.

Indianapolis, IN

#115908 May 19, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just want to see what new hoaxes the evolutionists have had to come up with now days, since DNA has proven it false.
Can you provide a reference for this stupidity?

Indianapolis, IN

#115909 May 19, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
THEORY::: assumption, concession, premise (also premiss), presumption, presupposition, theorem; conjecture, generalization, guess, guesswork, inference, speculation, surmise; proffer, proposal, suggestion; feeling, hunch, impression, inkling, notion, suspicion; abstraction, concept, conception, construct
GUESSWORK is the definition of THEORY
Wow. You are bound and determined to prove yourself an uneducated hick. And you're doing a bang up job of it.

Indianapolis, IN

#115910 May 19, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said vouchers would threaten evo. I meant that vouchers would give Christians the chance to send their kids to schools that teach creation.
Christians already have that chance. Welcome to earth.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#115911 May 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Typing too fast. I meant: "Why would any parent want to send their children to a school where they are taught lies?"
That's why I maintain that schools should teach data and how to think, including what constitutes confirmation. When unconfirmed conclusions are taught as certainty then that's where the lies begin.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#115912 May 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Yes, anyone who could be fooled by the Noah's Ark myth would not be the brightest kid on the block.
At least you seem to have realized that frauds are no part of the argument.
Anyone who would take an absolute position without confirming data would also not be the brightest kid on the block.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#115913 May 19, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not correct. You are a lunatic. You could not find a single first level reference to back yourself up so you kept going until you found something that seems like you were right. You are not.
I doubt you can even find one bible that renders the story as somewhere else in the 'fish' besides its belly. So now you set yourself up as the ultimate biblical authority. What a schmuck.
Only an idiot would believe that a human could survive 3 days and 3 nights in the belly of a 'fish'. And that idiot is you.
"Belly" doesn't necessarily have to mean stomach either, does it?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#115914 May 19, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
There
was
no
flood
I'm sure your dataless assertion satisfies your standard of confirmation, but not mine. Provide confirming data if you want to be taken seriously by other than your comrades.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I Feel Unsafe At Asheville Oneness Deeksha (Jan '17) 21 hr Kathi 119
governor wimpie ray cooper needs his ass beat t... Wed Deplorable Infidel 1
Old Royal Pines Park and Pool (Dec '15) Tue RoyalPinesBrat 6
Where Did Asheville Go? Aug 14 Steve Shantyfield 11
News Petition gaining steam againsta Aug 13 Willard Hardsuck 3
Do alot of rich people live in Asheville? (Jul '10) Aug 13 Mayoress Manheimer 58
James Nelson Woods III Aug 13 Willard L Hartsock 7

Asheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Asheville Mortgages