It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 168694 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#115815 May 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
All fallacies, all addressed or debunked. ALL of them.
Where is your proof?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#115816 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is your proof?
Try Google. Oh wait, you want a single, catchy non-answer instead, I forget how your simple minds cannot handle all that complex science stuff. Okay, how about this, prove we have not.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#115817 May 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Try Google. Oh wait, you want a single, catchy non-answer instead, I forget how your simple minds cannot handle all that complex science stuff. Okay, how about this, prove we have not.
Google???

are you serious? lol!

What does your "complex science stuff" prove?

I know that the proteins in molecules would have to be perfectly aligned and have at least 250 line up exactly to even begin one single cell of any type of evolutionary change, then there would need to be thousands more to produce one person. This would take trillions of years and if and only if, there was a small chance this could happen, where would the next person come from?

Evolution is impossible.

Evolution is a theory from an agnostic person, who spent his life trying to decieve people into not believing in God.

A theory is an idea.....not proof.

The theory of evolution is still "just a theory"...not proof. Its impossible.

You evolution guys have been "duped"...sorry.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#115818 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Google???
are you serious? lol!
I know that the proteins in molecules would have to be perfectly aligned and have at least 250 line up exactly to even begin one single cell of any type of evolutionary change, then there would need to be thousands more to produce one person. This would take trillions of years and if and only if, there was a small chance this could happen, where would the next person come from?
Evolution is impossible.
Evolution is a theory from an agnostic person, who spent his life trying to decieve people into not believing in God.
You poor ignorant fool.

You know nothing of science.

You know nothing of evolution.

How do you think that you can argue effectively against it?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#115819 May 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Please, for the love of the internet, Google things before you post them.
What did you find when you Googled these things?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#115820 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Google???
are you serious? lol!
Evolution is impossible.
So, you are saying you are a clone of your parents, identical to them in every way.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#115821 May 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you find when you Googled these things?
Zero evidence for your religious nonsense, and a bunch of scientific evidence that opposes everything you stated.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#115822 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
and why haven't other things evolved right before our eyes
Because that would falsify evolution.
imagine2011 wrote:
and why are most of the fossils of many creatures claimed to be millions of years old, still living today
They aren't. Just point to ONE real live T-Rex. The last one died within the last three decades.

Or perhaps you were referring to fossils such as the coelecanth, which are a different species than those from millions of years ago.
imagine2011 wrote:
and why are there fossils of fish eating fish or fish laying eggs? Could it be they were killed by mudslides during the "global flood"?
There was no global flood. Otherwise there would BE no fossils.

Or life for that matter.
imagine2011 wrote:
and why are there human foot prints right next to dinesaur prints supposedly millions of years before humans...?
Fakes. Like every one of the "found Arks".
imagine2011 wrote:
and why are there so many dinasaurs that died standing up?
trees died standing up in these so-called soil and rock layers supposedly millions of years old...why didn't the tree rot?

wwwDOTtalkoriginsDOTorg/faqs/p olystrate/trees.html

[QUOTE who="imagine2011"]an d why can we make man-made coal in a very short period of time.....not millions or billions of years
You understand the difference between natural and artificial? Good.
imagine2011 wrote:
and why can we make man-made petrified plants or animals just by leaving it sunk in water for a short period of time...creating a fossil in less that a year...not millions of years?
And why can't we make ANY land plant survive 6 months underwater?
imagine2011 wrote:
That goes along with the global flooding that created the fossils in a very short period of time, 13 months to be exact.
ONLY if you can show evidence that this is the view from Mars:

http://images.wikia.com/swtor/images/e/e1/Dun...
imagine2011 wrote:
and why are there 16th-20th century modern objects found inside of rock layers & boulders of coal that are said to be 100's of millions of years old
Because they were left in mines with old rock.
imagine2011 wrote:
and why can't people accept the fact that evolution has been PROVEN to be absolutely "impossible"??? Impossible I say.
Because you are plain wrong.

Besides, according to you NOTHING is impossible. Since your position is GODDIDIT WITH MAGIC.
imagine2011 wrote:
Its a theory made up by a man who was angry with God and who called himself "Satan Chaplan".....Darwin.
Are some people that desperate to disprove God, so they think they won't have to behave or so afraid of being pointed out as a sinner, they will make "monkeys" out of themselves?
Evolution has nothing to do with theism. Darwin didn't invent it to reject God. Even Christians accept evolution. Science makes no theological claims. But your arguments don't only reject evolutionary biology, but also physics and chemistry. In short, ALL science.
imagine2011 wrote:
If you truly want to know about the flood and the creation proof, watch this video below. If you don't watch it and learn from it, don't say another word against it.
Your video is made by liars for Jesus. Your position renders scientific evidence utterly superfluous and irrelevant. As no matter what scientific problem is put forward it can be solved by Godmagic. Hence claiming you have "evidence" is a dishonest lie.

But you fundies LOVE to ignore the 9th Commandment.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#115823 May 18, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Because that would falsify evolution.
<quoted text>
They aren't. Just point to ONE real live T-Rex. The last one died within the last three decades.
Or perhaps you were referring to fossils such as the coelecanth, which are a different species than those from millions of years ago.
<quoted text>
There was no global flood. Otherwise there would BE no fossils.
Or life for that matter.
<quoted text>
Fakes. Like every one of the "found Arks".
<quoted text>
You understand the difference between natural and artificial? Good.
<quoted text>
And why can't we make ANY land plant survive 6 months underwater?
<quoted text>
ONLY if you can show evidence that this is the view from Mars:
http://images.wikia.com/swtor/images/e/e1/Dun...
<quoted text>
Because they were left in mines with old rock.
<quoted text>
Because you are plain wrong.
Besides, according to you NOTHING is impossible. Since your position is GODDIDIT WITH MAGIC.
<quoted text>
Evolution has nothing to do with theism. Darwin didn't invent it to reject God. Even Christians accept evolution. Science makes no theological claims. But your arguments don't only reject evolutionary biology, but also physics and chemistry. In short, ALL science.
<quoted text>
Your video is made by liars for Jesus. Your position renders scientific evidence utterly superfluous and irrelevant. As no matter what scientific problem is put forward it can be solved by Godmagic. Hence claiming you have "evidence" is a dishonest lie.
But you fundies LOVE to ignore the 9th Commandment.
So...you hate God so much, that you would tell any lie to disagree with His people?

Ok, I understand.

Every unconverted believer used to be that way....just maybe not as obsessive though.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#115824 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
Google???
are you serious? lol!
I know that the proteins in molecules would have to be perfectly aligned and have at least 250 line up exactly to even begin one single cell of any type of evolutionary change, then there would need to be thousands more to produce one person. This would take trillions of years
Actually it would only take 3.5-4 billion, using a combination of random mutation and (non-random) natural selection (among other mechanisms).
imagine2011 wrote:
and if and only if, there was a small chance this could happen, where would the next person come from?
Well, when a mummy and a daddy love each other vewy much...
imagine2011 wrote:
Evolution is impossible.
Not only is it not impossible, evolution is demonstrable:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...
imagine2011 wrote:
You are lying about Darwin. You are violating Commandments from God of your own religion.

Obviously you don't give a f ck about God.(shrug)
imagine2011 wrote:
First, "proof" is only for math and alcohol. Science doesn't deal with "proof" because potential falsification is an ESSENTIAL requirement for testable concepts in order to be scientific. Therefore science deals with facts and evidence. Something which evolutionary biology has in abundance.

Remember that in science, the word "theory" does NOT mean "wild azz guess". A theory is a set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.

As demonstrated to you on multiple threads now, that is what evolutionary biology does.

This is the point where you realise you have come to a gunfight with a water-pistol and start preaching spam instead.
imagine2011 wrote:
Actually it is you who has been duped. Because creationists are nothing more than monumentally massive hypocritical liars for Jesus.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#115825 May 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You poor ignorant fool.
You guys want to prove evolution so badly, then prove away.

Theory is just that....theory...an unproven idea

and in the case of evolution, an unproven LIE.
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#115826 May 18, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You poor ignorant fool.
Tell us all what you know of evolution "science" proof.

Everett, WA

#115827 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
You again show no idea of how science works.

If you are going to use a work improperly than I will to. The theory of evolution is "proven". The fossil record supports only the theory of evolution and not creationism. Homology supports evolution. ERV's are a slam dunk "proof" of evolution.

A theory is not an unproven idea. In science a theory is at the top of the hierarchy of scientific thought. It outranks the concept of a law.

Once again, learn some science. All you have shown yourself to be is a denying fool so far.

Everett, WA

#115828 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
So...you hate God so much, that you would tell any lie to disagree with His people?
Ok, I understand.
Every unconverted believer used to be that way....just maybe not as obsessive though.
Atheists don't hate god. It is impossible for them to hate god.

Do you hate Santa Claus? The Easter Bunny? How about Smokey the Bear?

You cannot hate something that does not really exist.

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Mars

#115829 May 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Dealing with a mental health "professional" of your calibre has helped me aprreciate what may have motivated someone to make the movie (i.e., a shrink who's so far around the bend himself that he treats someone completely normal as if he's nuts).

Rationalization. And not particularly well done at that.

Are you, an admitted member of a mind control cult, having the litany of symptoms I have pointed out at length, who chronically lies and try to do anything but admit the truth,.... YOU suggesting that YOU are "completely normal"?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#115830 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
I do not hate God as there has been no evidence presented that such a thing exists. I do hate that His so-called followers constantly lie in His name.
imagine2011 wrote:
Ok, I understand.
You understand very little.

Otherwise you would have been able to make a coherent rational rebuttal of my post instead of regurgitating traditional fundie apologetics. But as it happens you are simply not educated enough to be able to debate the subject which is why you avoid doing so entirely.

Given that fact it is quite disingenuous of yourself to accuse me of lying when you are the one who is unable to demonstrate his position.
imagine2011 wrote:
Your usage of the word "obsessive" is highly ironic.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#115831 May 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The best translation is something akin to "inward parts" so as not to be inappropriately restrictive. Actually, "belly" in its most general sense, is not bad, except that there are zealots such as yourself who take that and run exclusively to the stomach with it.

When something is swallowed it goes:

a. to the heart
b. to the brain
c. to the belly (digestive track)
d. to the (name internal organ not in digestive track here).

I am afraid that the standard translation. And as we have already seen by YOUR reference, "inward parts" is a false, amateurish and erroneous translation.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#115832 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem. Here it is again since you failed to address it the first time:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...
imagine2011 wrote:
Wrong. In science, the word "theory" does NOT mean "wild azz guess". A theory is a set of statements or principles devised to explain a group of facts or phenomena, especially one that has been repeatedly tested or is widely accepted and can be used to make predictions about natural phenomena.

Is gravity "just an unproven theory"? Of course not. Same applies to evolution.
imagine2011 wrote:
Simply not the case.

“May you be at peace.”

Mars

#115833 May 18, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
That covers it, verse 13 reporting that the waters continued receding for about one year. I have this uneasy feeling, however, that you're going to state otherwise. That's just the way you've proven to be, as Bob well knows.

Now back to the math. This is what you have avoided, as Bob well knows.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#115834 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us all what you know of evolution "science" proof.
Why are you constantly asking for something which you have zero interest in? Are you aware that you are being dishonest? Doesn't your religion have a Commandment about that? Or are you simply just another fundie hypocrite who will "repent" at the last minute and assume God Himself will give you a get out of hell free card?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pride Of The Greatest Generation 2 hr BeNiceNow 5
ABE LINCOLN Was A WHITE SUPREMACIST RACIST 6 hr Gin Mill 82
Lying Liars and the Lies they tell (Oct '09) 12 hr Tar Heel Born 61
News Answer Man: Can a non-citizen serve on a jury? 23 hr Stevie Cockerelburn 1
News Historian Karen Cox confronts Confederate monum... Sun Smack 1
News Ten Thousand turn out to protest Gop in Ashevil... (Aug '13) May 17 RNN 7
Boycott Pineapple Willy's in Panama City Beach, FL May 16 Anonymous 1

Asheville Jobs

Personal Finance

Asheville Mortgages