It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 151470 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

Since: Jan 10

Asheville, NC

#112630 Mar 22, 2013
Libertarian wrote:
Unlike your god, science does not claim to be infallible, just the opposite in fact.
If he create us he fell significantly short of what I would term a good design. Nature is cruel and heartless. 99.99999% of all single creatures on Earth die before they are able to breed. A kind god? I hardly think so.
It doesn't matter what you "think". If you are such an authority on the design of life. Please relicate the origin of life. I bet you don't even understand the point I'm making, due to your inability to grant my request.

Asheville, NC

#112631 Mar 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You just twist what historical acounts you need to twist to justify a terribly flawed, unscientific, and biased philosophy!!
Damned right I plagiarized... sue me.
Feel free to use my creativity to make up for any lack of your own. I don't need to sue you, you're making my point!!!

Asheville, NC

#112632 Mar 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Of the various versions of the Ten Commandments I like to use the version that was supposedly carved in stone by God. That is the Exodus 34: 10-28 version. The modern interpretation of the 10th Commandment is a ban on cheeseburgers.
Why do you think GOD gave us the 10 Commandments? I bet you get it wrong!

Asheville, NC

#112633 Mar 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>And yet, your deity is Jewish, as was your saviour - and the Muslims believe in both.
That covers all the really important stuff, doesn't it?
Not even close. You are not even in the ball Park!!!
KAB

United States

#112634 Mar 22, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
You accept everything in the Bible as true based on some ambiguous subjective standard, while the rules of logic and reason we hold ourselves to do not recognize that as a valid means of determining which claims should be accepted and which shouldn't. We don't recognize the source of a claim as sufficient evidence for accepting claims that defy the known laws of physics and genetics because the rules of logic and reason prohibit that, but you do.
No matter how many times you claim otherwise, you are using a wholly different and generally useless set of rules regarding logic and reason than we are. Disagree? Then you must give up your "Bible is a demonstrated reliable source" nonsense. Because you thinking you're right about your religion is more important to you than reality is, you will not do this. Surprise me.
Do you think the notion of a demonstrated reliable source is nonsense?
KAB

United States

#112635 Mar 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
But verse 27 does.'27 Then the Lord said to Moses,“Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.”'
At the start God said " and I will write on them the words that were on the first tablets, which you broke.(@sshole)"
I guess after all of that talking he was tired and decided to have Moses do it.
At any rate, I don't care. The Tenth Commandment is still a ban on cheeseburgers.
That is a pretty potent sin. So bad it had to be one of the actual ten carved in stone. Not the first ten of hundreds that god spoke to the nation of Israel.
Did you notice that two individuals are named in vs. 27, to either of which the pronoun he in vs. 28 could refer? You may also want to check Deut. 4:13 for clarification.
KAB

United States

#112636 Mar 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What a maroon. Now he has forgotten the start of the chapter.
Sheez, no wonder he believes that Noah's Ark garbage.
The start of the chapter states that JHWH was going to write it.
KAB

United States

#112637 Mar 22, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
All I need is one item of data confirming the existence of unicorns.
I suspected you knew you couldn't confirm who wrote the gospels.
KAB

United States

#112638 Mar 22, 2013
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, the layngeal nerve in the giraffe is a poor bit of engineering. Thanks for agreeing, though it took way too long to get you to admit it. You recognize the error in such a design (if it were designed), and since evolution is merely about altering existing structures and "good enough" rather than what's optimal, evolution explains the giraffe's laryngeal nerve better than "God did it." You resist answering questions directly for exactly this reason. When you do, it can only ever lead to you contradicting your religious apologetics. Welcome to logic. As I've warned you before, logic is not your friend.
I answered a restrictive question as posed. The restrictions are not applicable to the real situation, therefore the answer doesn't apply to the real situation. Logic is not even in your toolbox, but I see you have a blindfold!
KAB

United States

#112639 Mar 22, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
They are known to be anonymous by scholars.
I have no argument with that, as long as Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are remain on the list of possibles.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#112640 Mar 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the notion of a demonstrated reliable source is nonsense?
Yours is.

Seffner, FL

#112641 Mar 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered a restrictive question as posed. The restrictions are not applicable to the real situation, therefore the answer doesn't apply to the real situation. Logic is not even in your toolbox, but I see you have a blindfold!
The question was *NOT* restrictive. It was a simple engineering question. Don't try to do your usual backstroke now, phony.
KAB

United States

#112642 Mar 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you've been quite successful with that diversionary tactic - if clouding the already stagnant waters that is what you wish to call "resolving questions/challenges". The plain English is that the Bible in its earliest form was no more substantial or accurate than it is with the NWT refinements.
Can you give one example purportedly confirming that? If it withstands scrutiny you'll have something worth much more than just an assertion.
KAB

United States

#112643 Mar 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
What "rules of logic" pretend that mythology is fact until proven false, then ignores evidence which confirms that mythology is false, then flat out lies about even that??
MIND YOUR 9TH COMMANDMENT, KAB.
I knew you couldn't prove it. That's why I issued the challenge.
KAB

United States

#112644 Mar 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading the Fredrick Franz Bible and other GB approved propaganda is not the same thing as "investigate."
I understand that you aren't allowed to, but have you ever read "Crisis of Conscience," KAB?
If confirmed points from a source are compelling enough, I'm always interested in further info from that source. I don't tend to just launch into a source without good reason (Ecclesiastes 12:12). There's more than enough confirmed good info, and we all have limited time. Is there a specific point from that source you want to share?
KAB

United States

#112645 Mar 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Yours is.
What's your notion of a demonstrated reliable source. I think comparing notes is valuable in the interest of collective improvement.
KAB

United States

#112646 Mar 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
The question was *NOT* restrictive. It was a simple engineering question. Don't try to do your usual backstroke now, phony.
Here's your question,

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TFA...

and here's its restriction, "without any benefit".

Seffner, FL

#112647 Mar 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your notion of a demonstrated reliable source. I think comparing notes is valuable in the interest of collective improvement.
That which can repeatedly be corroborated by independent sources.

Seffner, FL

#112648 Mar 22, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's your question,
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TFA...
and here's its restriction, "without any benefit".

Don't be an idiot. How is that a restriction? It's simply one variable of the problem.

You seem to think that routing the wiring for your headlights through the rear bumper is a good idea. Sure, it can be done but it offers no benefit and DOES allow for more points of potential failure. Only a loony would think it s good idea.

Oh, wait! I forgot who I was talking to for a moment.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#112649 Mar 22, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Feel free to use my creativity to make up for any lack of your own. I don't need to sue you, you're making my point!!!

Marky Boy, I readily admit that the convolutions, concoctions and contortions y'all whip up to promote creationism are far more "creative" than anything I'm likely to come up with.

You just twist what historical acounts you need to twist to justify a terribly flawed, unscientific, and biased philosophy!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prostitution in Asheville. Pics and stories! (Jul '10) 6 hr truth teller 115
DSS Protest (Feb '10) 8 hr truth teller 109
HENDERSONVILLE is sending Hipsters,Hillbillies,... 17 hr Thomas Hoffman 5
Craig's List M4M Massager Has A.I.D.S. 17 hr Gary Worthless Ja... 23
I Am Being Sexually Harrassed at Asheville Onen... 17 hr TG Shannon 18
Should Street Preaching be Illegal (Dec '13) 23 hr Asheville native 15
News Asheville police target Hillcrest crime (Jul '12) Wed Stay Away 20

Asheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance