It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ... Full Story
KAB

Oxford, NC

#111303 Feb 27, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
If memory serves, that is how they established the age of the crater to begin with.
The impact cut through about 20 million years of sediment from about 250 million years ago.
The sediment of interest is that accumulated IN the crater SINCE the impact, not what was cut through.
KAB

Oxford, NC

#111304 Feb 27, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Da flud could contribute nearly anywhere on earth, yet evidence for it is vigorously not forthcoming.
Evidence for the global flood comes forth most vigorously if one looks where there is assurance of its occurrence and preservation.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#111305 Feb 27, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you state that Da Flud did not contribute to the Barringer Crater sediment?
"A lake formed in the bottom of the (Barringer) crater, and sediments accumulated until the bowl was only 550 feet deep."

http://www.barringercrater.com/about/history_...

Think it out, KAB.
marksman11

Asheville, NC

#111307 Feb 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>No.
Scripture says whatever the gene-tampered turkey preaching at you says it says.
Mybe in your little world where adult supervision is required. I can read and comprehend for myself.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#111308 Feb 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence for the global flood comes forth most vigorously if one looks where there is assurance of its occurrence and preservation.

Yet none has been found.

Why is that, do you think?

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111309 Feb 28, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Mybe in your little world where adult supervision is required. I can read and comprehend for myself.

Your post history indicates otherwise.

“I am Sisyphus”

Location hidden

#111310 Feb 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you state that Da Flud did not contribute to the Barringer Crater sediment?

For the same reason I don't think that Harry Potter contributed to the last presidential election.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#111311 Feb 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The cited passages rather clearly explain that those who want to find reasons not to accept the Bible as inerrant will not be prevented from doing so even tho their course is demonstrably a matter of choice rather than the only valid conclusion.
Blah, blah, blah.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#111312 Feb 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Saying something silly using two dollar words is still silly.

“What, me worry?”

Since: Mar 09

I'm a racist caricature!

#111313 Feb 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan refused to meet with Koop on the looming epidemic of "the Magic Bullet from God." Is there any wonder Marky Boy also exhibits selective Alzheimers?
I kinda liked the McBLT. I must have a memory block of my own about the McDLT.
Relive the magic: http://youtu.be/UTSdUOC8Kac

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#111314 Feb 28, 2013
marksman11 wrote:
<quoted text>Mybe in your little world where adult supervision is required. I can read and comprehend for myself.
Yes, as you've shown the ability to do regarding the scientific method. Touche'.

“What, me worry?”

I'm a racist caricature!

#111315 Feb 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The Theory of Evolution is an idea which draws on numerous sources for support. It can only be as reliable as those sources.
It's not the sources, it's the evidence. The scientific method intentionally disregards the sources.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#111316 Feb 28, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>*sigh*
It's a bowl.
At the time of impact, Arizona was a lot cooler and wetter.
Yes, water collected in the bowl.
You're not even pretending to attend, are you?
I am too pretending to attend!
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TFA...

“See how you are?”

Earth

#111317 Feb 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
You already know that answer. The only reason this myth is revisited is because 1) you are just being contrary, 2) you are frightened of the truth or 3) you are delusional.
KAB

United States

#111319 Feb 28, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you not read the verses. You must not have:
Read all of 1 Sam 17
David killed Goliath, right?
Next:
19 In another battle with the Philistines at Gob, Elhanan son of Jair[a] the Bethlehemite killed the brother of[b] Goliath the Gittite, who had a spear with a shaft like a weaver’s rod.
No problem here. Elhanan killed the brother of Goliath.
Then:
19 There was war with the Philistines again at Gob, and Elhanan the son of Jaare-oregim the Bethlehemite [a]killed [b]Goliath t
he Gittite, the shaft of whose spear was like a weaver’s beam.
In fact this is a known scribal error. It was a simple mistake. In the NIV (I know, it is nearly as bad as the new world version) it translates it as the brother of Goliath and admit that is not what the Hebrew says.
Most biblical references admit it was an error.
I know, your cult knows better than those darn fool bible experts.
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Besides 99% of the book of Genesis?
Who killed Goliath?
1 Samuel 17:50
2 Sam. 21:19
1 Chronicles 20:5
So, based on the three verses is is unreasonable that 2 Sam 21:19 is .....
is......
[Hint: the answer begins with Wro and ends with ng]
A scribal error is not an error in "the Bible", is it? It's an error in a copy made by the copyist.
KAB

United States

#111320 Feb 28, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the admission of the biblical error.
Now that you have admitted the bible errors we can move on.
The Hebrew word involved doesn't have to mean "fowl", does it? As you like to state only when it appears to be to your advantage, we've been over this before, haven't we? Remember Genesis chapter one? So no Bible error, no license to move on.
KAB

United States

#111321 Feb 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose it would.
Is 'extremities. from your (NWT) New World Translation Bible. A Bible that is known to have changed wording in it??
It's from the meaning of the Hebrew and has nothing to do with the NWT.
KAB

United States

#111322 Feb 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Numerous sources contributing to one theory - each one correlating the other.
On the other side of the coin you provide a great insight - One (biblical) source of support, many ideologies? Reliability = GIGO.
Start comparing each of the ideologies to the Bible, and watch them drop like flies. See which one remains completely aligned with the reliable Bible.

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#111323 Feb 28, 2013
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
khatan
Bridegroom.

But it is also a loan in Arab frm hebrew were it means complating recitations, spelled khatam. Comparable too:
All men in the synagogue (in non-Orthodox Judaism also women) are called up to read the Torah. The honour of being called up is called aliya (Hebrew for accession). Particularly blessed are those who are called up to read the last part of the Pentateuch (aliya khatan Torah – accession of the Bridegroom of the Torah) and the first part of the Five Books of Moses (aliya khatan Bereshit – accession of the Bridegroom of the Beginning).

The land of Israel as bride , YHWH the groom. Khatan also: that which binds.
And we find arab kuli khatam- refering to circumcision. In particularly the part of skin. Something to bind the 200 to Abram before going to release Lot.

So Dogen i would not automatically use 'groom'.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#111324 Feb 28, 2013
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Start comparing each of the ideologies to the Bible, and watch them drop like flies. See which one remains completely aligned with the reliable Bible.
Okay. Find me a reliable Bible and we'll give it a whirl.(I'm partial to the Machinist's Bible - it's by far the most accurate I've come across.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cecil Bothwells Letter to the ACT 3 hr Andrew 1
City must listen, lead on APD changes 8 hr Go DAWGS 6
Fire chief wades into murky Asheville Police De... 14 hr ApePeeD 5
Two cars in Asheville airport to block your vie... 14 hr ApePeeD 3
Skyland Automotive Girl! (Mar '11) Sat Mike w 13
Quiet Forum Sat ApePeeD 2
Is ACN a scam (Feb '10) Fri Black Queens Rule 259
Asheville Dating
Find my Match

Asheville People Search