It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Comments (Page 5,092)

Showing posts 101,821 - 101,840 of133,976
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
LowellGuy

East Northport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
From Webster's Online,
Omnipotent:
1: often capitalized : almighty
2: having virtually unlimited authority or influence
So it means he cannot be overpowered. Nothing is beyond his ability to accomplish.
So, do you subscribe to the "no logical contradictions/paradoxes" definition of omnipotence? IE, can he create a being so strong that God can't beat him in arm wrestling?
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if you get to define your God any way you like, then how do you distinguish your God from an imaginary friend?
He's defined by a demonstrated reliable source independent of me and my imagination.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
He's defined by a demonstrated reliable source independent of me and my imagination.

Ah yes, the Koran.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
So, do you subscribe to the "no logical contradictions/paradoxes" definition of omnipotence? IE, can he create a being so strong that God can't beat him in arm wrestling?
Probably a more accurate description of Almighty is able to accomplish anything which can conceivably be accomplished.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes, the Koran.
The Koran has already been demonstrated to be unreliable (Surah 4:12 mathematically erroneous).

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
I made the point go back and read it.
Did you know New York existed before, or after, reading the fictional story?

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is asking/telling/forcing you to believe it.
I have grandchildren in public schools and creotards are STILL trying to get religious crap into schools...that bothers me A LOT, and I want that stopped in its tracks. Whatever it takes to achieve this I will do.

Creotards are obnoxious and clueless A-holes

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Dimetrodons were pretty badass.
Yeah, but dinos and reptiles are pretty bland in the animal kingdom since they still exist. I love the really strange things that we don't see all the time, and their methods of hunting are fascinating. I wonder if such creatures could be tamed the way we tame modern animals, or if they could be taught to communicate.

“I am Sisyphus”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The Koran has already been demonstrated to be unreliable (Surah 4:12 mathematically erroneous).

Yet Muslims have explanations for this.

Still, the Koran has a much better track record than the bible.

The Koran has (by some estimates) only 50,000 errors as compared to about 78,000 for the bible (if you count textual variants as errors the number balloons to over 200,000).

do rabbits chew cud?

3.0? REALLY!?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Pi is the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter.
That was not the mistake. It represents 180 degrees, exactly. 1/2 pi is 90 degrees. Radians are pi^2, which is 360 degrees. I forgot to double pi when I said 360 degrees, that was my error, and thus failed to double the number of degrees off discarding the majority of the number was, which would be about 16.22 degrees. A degree is a portion of that ratio. You need to take basic geometry, seriously dude, this is very basic geometry. I'm dealing with quaternions/eulers, ray reflection calculations, phong, and a slew of other highly advanced concepts and here you can't even understand that a degree is a portion of the ratio of a circle's circumference to it's diameter. Get back to elementary school, or tell your special ed teacher you need to retake basic geometry.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
The Koran has (by some estimates) only 50,000 errors as compared to about 78,000 for the bible (if you count textual variants as errors the number balloons to over 200,000).
do rabbits chew cud?
3.0? REALLY!?
Slight correction, it's 68,000 errors in the bible. ;) Last I heard anyway.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Bat Foy wrote:
<quoted text>
No one is asking/telling/forcing you to believe it.
Actually, they are trying to. Which would have been the better scenario:

1. The Jewish people heard the Nazis discussing matters that were a risk to their lives, so they went and informed everyone what they had heard. Adolf mentions that he is Nazi, and the German people banish the party from their political system before the holocaust could begin.

or

2. What really happened.

Inaction is the only way to lose.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
do rabbits chew cud?
3.0? REALLY!?
Lacking data, your assertions are worthless.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not the mistake. It represents 180 degrees, exactly. 1/2 pi is 90 degrees. Radians are pi^2, which is 360 degrees. I forgot to double pi when I said 360 degrees, that was my error, and thus failed to double the number of degrees off discarding the majority of the number was, which would be about 16.22 degrees. A degree is a portion of that ratio. You need to take basic geometry, seriously dude, this is very basic geometry. I'm dealing with quaternions/eulers, ray reflection calculations, phong, and a slew of other highly advanced concepts and here you can't even understand that a degree is a portion of the ratio of a circle's circumference to it's diameter. Get back to elementary school, or tell your special ed teacher you need to retake basic geometry.
In your statement "Radians are pi^2, which is 360 degrees", what operation is represented by the "^" symbol? Normally it is used to represent exponentiation.
KAB

Oxford, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Slight correction, it's 68,000 errors in the bible. ;) Last I heard anyway.
The road to either number of Bible errors begins with the first one which withstands scrutiny, none of which you have posted as yet.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
In your statement "Radians are pi^2, which is 360 degrees", what operation is represented by the "^" symbol? Normally it is used to represent exponentiation.
Wow, you finally caught an error! This time the correct one.

You are correct, it should have been * not ^. Okay, now you're using your head for more than a hat-rack, please, keep this up.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The road to either number of Bible errors begins with the first one which withstands scrutiny, none of which you have posted as yet.
The first one? I prefer to skip ahead to my favorite, a talking snake. It's funny at least.

Since: Sep 12

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know New York existed before, or after, reading the fictional story?
Does it take years of practice to miss the point on everything every time?

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>I have grandchildren in public schools and creotards are STILL trying to get religious crap into schools...that bothers me A LOT, and I want that stopped in its tracks. Whatever it takes to achieve this I will do.

Creotards are obnoxious and clueless A-holes
Mhm do you read the posts on these things or just the parts you write?

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, they are trying to. Which would have been the better scenario:

1. The Jewish people heard the Nazis discussing matters that were a risk to their lives, so they went and informed everyone what they had heard. Adolf mentions that he is Nazi, and the German people banish the party from their political system before the holocaust could begin.

or

2. What really happened.

Inaction is the only way to lose.
Way to blame the victim. You win the heartless jackass award for the day.
Oh and hitler was already in power before he started persecution of the Jews. Also hitler was voted into office by the people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101,821 - 101,840 of133,976
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Asheville Forum right now

Search the Asheville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 34 min State of Florida 55,635
Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish 8 hr Donna Kenilworth 6
Poetic injustuce: Locals respond to N.C.'s poet... 10 hr Cyndi Richey 1
J Marion shooting 16 hr tom 1
McDowell County, Spruce Pine support gay marria... (Apr '12) 16 hr Rev Jay Vincent 123
HOMOSEXUALITY & ABORTION ARE ABOMINATIONS TO GO... 21 hr Cletus Ed Hunnicutt 21
OBAMA The PIMP & WE ARE HIS CRACK HOE'S (Nov '13) 21 hr Cletus Ed Hunnicutt 10
•••
•••
•••
•••

Asheville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Asheville People Search