It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the ...

It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate

There are 164261 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Mar 15, 2009, titled It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in evolution debate. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

I would like to respond to the letter 'Recent letter offered no examples of Darwinian disingenuousness,' . He responds to an article with, 'He says evolution is 'so riddled with holes,' yet fails to provide a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

“May you be at peace.”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#103862 Dec 8, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes God can create a man who has free will and does not sin.

Lacking data, your assertions are worthless.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#103863 Dec 8, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
He's defined by a demonstrated reliable source independent of me and my imagination.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#103864 Dec 8, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>

You are welcome to try to refute me. You have not had much luck in attempting to do so in the past, but you might get lucky this time.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#103865 Dec 8, 2012
Know Your Bible wrote:
Take the Creation Science Bible Quiz
http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0101/scien...

Wow. I flunked it real bad. Got 0 for 10.

And I thought I knew the bible.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#103866 Dec 8, 2012
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's conceivable that a being could make something too powerful to defeat in arm wrestling. So, you allow your God to enter into paradoxical conditions. You have just destroyed your God.
Why didn't you specify the ALMIGHTY being since that was my premise?
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#103867 Dec 8, 2012
Madam Goddess wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are employing the fine art of parody with your screen name? I will agree that there can be no proof for or against the existence of god. However, the empirical evidence suggests to me that there is no god, a person. I have heard that GOD is a code world for ALL THAT IS. Einstein puts it best from a secular point of view;
A knowledge of the existence of something we cannot penetrate, of the manifestations of the profoundest reason and the most radiant beauty - it is this knowledge and this emotion that constitute the truly religious attitude; in this sense, and in this alone, I am a deeply religious man.(Albert Einstein)
I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it.(Albert Einstein, 1954)
I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with the fates and actions of human beings.(Albert Einstein)
You dont seem to understand.

How can you agree that "there can be no"?

How do you go about proving that "there can be no"?

God is more than a code word for "all that is"; HE/SHE/IT is held to be THE CAUSE/SOURCE/CREATOR of "all that is".

You know nothing about what you dont believe.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#103868 Dec 8, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong forum, I think you wanted www.gullibleidiots.com

Actually it is a good test. I think you would like it.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#103869 Dec 8, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Madamn...
The existence of a thing is not based on its moral character, hence the absolute lack of morality of God is not sufficient to prove that He does not exist.
Morality and existence are two separate and necessarily unrelated ideas.
Furthermore, science cannot be build on a negative argument:
Hence the idea that "there is no [fill in the blank]", has no scientific validity; whether you are talking about atoms, God or an elephant in the bird bath.

As a Buddhist I do "not deny the nature of God, but rather the concept of God." (Sogyal Rinpoche)

So are you the concept of god or the nature of god? Naturally I think a name is a concept.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#103870 Dec 8, 2012
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's conceivable that a being could make something too powerful to defeat in arm wrestling. So, you allow your God to enter into paradoxical conditions. You have just destroyed your God.
Even Christians hate Jehovah's "Witnesses".

They are as far removed from reasoning as the east is from the west.

They dont believe in praying for others when the Bible itself instructs men to pray for their brethren.

The Bible states that "the life of all flesh is the blood thereof" [Lev. 17:14], and that "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." [John 15:13]... YET a Jehovah's "Witnesses" will not donate a drop of blood to save his mother.

They are witnesses to something alight; but I doubt that thing is Jehovah.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#103871 Dec 8, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
So how is that in conflict with my conception of God, as "A Being Who's Will is Cannot be Acted Against"?

Concepts of god are simply mind images and, at best, are only representative reality.

Can the nature of god exist in something so small as a single human brain?

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#103872 Dec 8, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
As always, to validate your point you'll have to quote me, especially that "interpret" part. Why, you even stated, and I quote, "You said it yourself." So prove it, or you prove yourself ... altogether now class ... a liar. I keep using that word because I know exactly what it means and to whom it applies.

Interesting notion that seem unsupported by the facts.

You will have to prove it.

“May you be at peace.”

Location hidden

#103873 Dec 8, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Even Christians hate Jehovah's "Witnesses".
They are as far removed from reasoning as the east is from the west.
They dont believe in praying for others when the Bible itself instructs men to pray for their brethren.
The Bible states that "the life of all flesh is the blood thereof" [Lev. 17:14], and that "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." [John 15:13]... YET a Jehovah's "Witnesses" will not donate a drop of blood to save his mother.
They are witnesses to something alight; but I doubt that thing is Jehovah.

Jehovah Witness is simply a mind control cult. Their practices are similar to the Soviet Union in their consistent revision of their own history.
Madam Goddess

Arden, NC

#103874 Dec 8, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
You dont seem to understand.
How can you agree that "there can be no"?
How do you go about proving that "there can be no"?
God is more than a code word for "all that is"; HE/SHE/IT is held to be THE CAUSE/SOURCE/CREATOR of "all that is".
You know nothing about what you dont believe.
You know nothing about what you DO BELIEVE Bottom line is on the subject of god NOBODY KNOWS A GODDAMN THING. LOL
KAB

Wilson, NC

#103875 Dec 8, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know, don't care. I like George Carlin though.
Now that we know you don't know and don't care, it's much easier to understand why you spout the dataless nonsense you do and don't appear interested in allowing data to correct your erroneous understanding.
KAB

Wilson, NC

#103876 Dec 8, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
How is 16.22 degrees off "approximate?" That's 4% inaccuracy. That's the difference between life and the death of thousands. 16.22 degrees off from the center of the target will only hit the target at 40 feet or less. It reminds me of an old saying, very relevant:
"Close" only counts in horshoes and hand grenades.
Have you considered the definition of approximate?
KAB

Wilson, NC

#103877 Dec 8, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
if your a christian it is about ==== 3
lol
Pi is about 3 no matter who you are. We don't each get to make our own Pi!
KAB

Wilson, NC

#103878 Dec 8, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
So how is that in conflict with my conception of God, as "A Being Who's Will is Cannot be Acted Against"?
The answer is straightforward. Yours is a different statement using different words with different meaning. Put your statement next to mine and see if you can discern the differences. A dictionary may prove helpful in the exercise.

BTW, for the sake of greater precision the end of my statement should me modified to specify "anything which can conceivably be accomplished".
KAB

Wilson, NC

#103879 Dec 8, 2012
Dogen wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Pet. 2:21,22
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#103880 Dec 8, 2012
Madam Goddess wrote:
<quoted text>
You know nothing about what you DO BELIEVE Bottom line is on the subject of god NOBODY KNOWS A GODDAMN THING. LOL
Nobody knows anything except they first believe it.

If you know a thing before you believe it; then you are either in doubt are you are living in denial.

You must accept (believe in, trust) the validity of a concept before you can say you know it.

On the subject of God, people do know something Mad-dam(sel).

We do know that that which is God is truly is God (i.e. He that is God is God in himself); and thats at least a start.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#103881 Dec 8, 2012
KAB wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is straightforward. Yours is a different statement using different words with different meaning. Put your statement next to mine and see if you can discern the differences. A dictionary may prove helpful in the exercise.
BTW, for the sake of greater precision the end of my statement should me modified to specify "anything which can conceivably be accomplished".
You are hopeless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wanda Greene 1 hr Wondering 28
Blame it On The Police 2 hr Southern Belle 35
I Feel Unsafe At Asheville Oneness Deeksha (Jan '17) 2 hr Myrtle Mae 138
Cecil Bothwell loses in primaries 2 hr Southern Belle 29
Traffic in south asheville 2 hr Asheville Native 6
Memorial Mission Health Care Should be Audited 3 hr SickHealthCare 12
Couple finds hidden camera disguised as smoke d... 9 hr Flush Airbnb 23

Asheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance