Review: Bonnie Rose Appraisals-Team E...

Review: Bonnie Rose Appraisals-Team Estate Sales Serving WNC Serving Wnc

Posted in the Asheville Forum

Mrs Alice Shelton

Leicester, NC

#1 Mar 6, 2012
FYI, if anyone considers liquidating their estate with the hopes of getting fair value for it...DO NOT call this service, in particular! Now that it's after the fact, I have come to realize just how incredibly vulnerable I was at the time, and I allowed this Bonnie Rose person to domineer me and talk me into letting her take possession of my things, knowing I was doing the wrong thing! She is quite the con...and she has the whole act down to a science, with the way she pulls the wool over your eyes, making you feel like she has your best interests at heart! Once I signed the contract....that was it! I had absolutely NO say as to what prices would be placed on each item! Basically, I allowed her to bully me (and she is VERY good at bullying!) into basically "taking" my things, and doing what she wanted with them, as far as pricing! Don't let her sweet, innocent-sounding name fool you...she's pushy and she's far from being Southern! I could go on and on with my concerns but suffice to say, this should be a warning to anyone who is considering calling an appraisal service to help you sell you household possessions because you are in your golden years. Do NOT sign anything unless you have your attorney look over the contract first! If you feel you have items of value, consult an auction co. and sell it with a reserve, instead of letting an Estate Sales Team (specifically Ms. Rose) come into your home! It's a lose-lose situation!
Truth Spreader

Asheville, NC

#2 Mar 6, 2012
Why didnt you call Sotheby's?
Jean

Asheville, NC

#3 Oct 9, 2012
The same thing happened to me. I may take some legal action if possible.
Truth Spreader wrote:
Why didnt you call Sotheby's?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4 Oct 9, 2012
It sounds as if Bonnie Rose is a thorn in the butt
Jackson4

Weaverville, NC

#5 Oct 9, 2012
Didnt I see some of her staff on this website?
www.wncmugshots.com

Not sure, but you never know.

I have went to a few of the sales, didnt know this was going on though.

Hope you get this worked out.
Jack4
Jean

Asheville, NC

#6 Oct 11, 2012
What is the best way to get the word out so others will not fall victim to Bonne Ross????. She is just as bad as Ms. Shelton (above) on worse. She should be shut down.
Jeanette Nenno

Charlotte, NC

#7 Dec 3, 2012
Just want to say that after years of working as a nurse in the Emergency Room I used to say to my husband that "we pull miracles out of our butts and nobody is knowledgeable enough to even know it!".....I think Bonnie Rose does the same thing. She is able to get people to spend lots of money on someone else's possessions.......remember two adages:
-One man's treasure is another man's junk
-What I OWN is PRICELESS, what YOU OWN is JUNK!
Bonnie Rose and her team do an excellent job!
David

Summerville, SC

#8 Feb 24, 2014
Mrs Alice Shelton wrote:
FYI, if anyone considers liquidating their estate with the hopes of getting fair value for it...DO NOT call this service, in particular! Now that it's after the fact, I have come to realize just how incredibly vulnerable I was at the time, and I allowed this Bonnie Rose person to domineer me and talk me into letting her take possession of my things, knowing I was doing the wrong thing! She is quite the con...and she has the whole act down to a science, with the way she pulls the wool over your eyes, making you feel like she has your best interests at heart! Once I signed the contract....that was it! I had absolutely NO say as to what prices would be placed on each item! Basically, I allowed her to bully me (and she is VERY good at bullying!) into basically "taking" my things, and doing what she wanted with them, as far as pricing! Don't let her sweet, innocent-sounding name fool you...she's pushy and she's far from being Southern! I could go on and on with my concerns but suffice to say, this should be a warning to anyone who is considering calling an appraisal service to help you sell you household possessions because you are in your golden years. Do NOT sign anything unless you have your attorney look over the contract first! If you feel you have items of value, consult an auction co. and sell it with a reserve, instead of letting an Estate Sales Team (specifically Ms. Rose) come into your home! It's a lose-lose situation!
I wish i had read this a year ago. Bonnie has had my furniture for over a year and now claims a mistake was made and while all my furniture was sold (appraised by Bonnie for over 25 thousand) she suddenly has no records of the sale and none of my stuff. If I cannot get copies of receipts and money or my stuff back in a week i will be forced to take legal action and I am not a person who likes repatriate take legal action but I really see no choice. i have been told for months they would get it worked out and still nothing
Ellen

Asheville, NC

#9 Mar 8, 2015
I wish i had read this a year ago. Bonnie has had my furniture for over a year and now claims a mistake was made and while all my furniture was sold (appraised by Bonnie for over 25 thousand) she suddenly has no records of the sale and none of my stuff. If I cannot get copies of receipts and money or my stuff back in a week i will be forced to take legal action and I am not a person who likes repatriate take legal action but I really see no choice. i have been told for months they would get it worked out and still nothing"

Just read your lengthy bbb complaint. Sorry you did not continue to pursue this legally in order to warn others. However this is so difficult to prove since, unfortunately, the estate sale industry is an unregulated business and can be started by anyone with the inclination. A huge red flag is an estate sales business that ALSO operates a resale shop with a massive inventory. These warehouse resale shops are extremely adept at procuring quality merchandise for extravagant sales.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WNC sees unease over corporal punishment (Apr '08) 7 hr Kathy Cook 204
Prostitution in Asheville. Pics and stories! (Jul '10) 11 hr Melinda 117
More On Asheville Oneness Deeksha The Cult 12 hr Shannon 10
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 22 hr Chimney1 151,481
HENDERSONVILLE is sending Hipsters,Hillbillies,... Thu Marvin Amway Pope 6
DSS Protest (Feb '10) Wed truth teller 109
Craig's List M4M Massager Has A.I.D.S. Aug 24 Gary Worthless Ja... 23

Asheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Asheville Mortgages