Miscarridges of Justice

Miscarridges of Justice

Posted in the Asheville Forum

Judge Mikie Helms

Skyland, NC

#1 Jul 4, 2013
These convitions should have never been set aside. The harmless error rule is a good rule and I wouldn't give you 10 cents for a alibi defense they are always perjurred. These criminals being freed and back on the streets is miscarridges of justice. Are they no finallity in convitions nowadays? What a scandle!

"In Suffolk County, New York, a detective destroyed his original notes and dictaphone recordings in a rape investigation because the victim's "times were off." The courts upheld the guilty verdict-even though the convicted man had tried to mount an alibi defense based on the time of the incident. The appellate judges reasoned that the victim had made a very strong identification of the defendant. The result would have been the same, the judges decided, even if the detective had not destroyed his notes. Therefore, destruction of the notes and tape was
"harmless error." Harmless to everyone except the defendant. He was
proved innocent and released; his alibi was true; none of those who
had altered records to change the time of the crime was punished.

"The victims of a rapist at a mall in West Virginia were secretly
hypnotized to enhance their recollections of the attacker's face.
Hypnosis of witnesses is so dangerously suggestive that the practice
is forbidden in many states, but the lawyers for Glen Dale Woodall
were never even told that it had taken place. Harmless error, said the
court. Woodall was sentenced to two life terms without parole, plus
335 years to be served after the life sentence. This innocent man
served four years.

"In Oklahoma, a Tulsa prosecutor didn't bother to mention until the
eve of Tim Durham's trial that a second child had been attacked in a crime very similar to the one Durham was charged with. That other
child didn't pick Durham out of a lineup, so there was no sense
letting his defense know about it. Harmless error, said the state's
higher courts. Durham, an innocent man, was sentenced to 3,220 years."

---- from Scheck, Neufeld, and Dwyer,_Actual Innocence,_ "Broken
Oaths." p. 172 et seq.
Satyam Thomas

New York, NY

#3 Jul 4, 2013
Only Buncy would be stupid enough to mis spell "miscarriage" of justice. Buncy get off here before your probation agent sees this!
Cpl Ronie Ray

Skyland, NC

#4 Jul 4, 2013
We have tride to make the cortrums and courthouse into the center of gossup and gloting post in gosipy buncom caouty it tickle our itches and thrills runs up our legs to hear something dirty about someone on our turf & if their aint nothing dirty or shoking we can make up something or blow up out of perportion a tiny little thing into a scandle hell it always the same gone all the way back to Armena where our fourbears walked on four legs abougt 2 generatons back bafore the wheelbarrow come along what so good about our awsum power is that it ant a lie if you beleive it our juges puts there signatoors on the allagaton we send out mug shots and all sorts of wispers and the clerk Hon Steve Cogbairn lick it and sniff of it and then spoor it with white-out and altar it a bit and then put his seel on it and it now the gosspel truth it now vewed by the publick as the holey grail ordaned by God hisself... Dont you wish you had power like that??? your just jellous & blastfeemous if you talk abouit us and snivel at our controling influents in law and pollaticks.
Biggest Miscarriage

Roebuck, SC

#5 Jul 5, 2013
Allowing Larry Smith to practice law, but it didn't last long. He got the boot when he got caught cheating on his taxes!
Willard the Wifebeater

Asheville, NC

#7 Jul 5, 2013
IANAL.

Then besides that when Larry Smith was practicing law I was in Maine doing time for drunk driving, deadbeat daddery, and putting my wife in the hospital with my cowardly fists.
Biggest Miscarriage

Roebuck, SC

#8 Jul 5, 2013
Willard the Wifebeater wrote:
IANAL.
Then besides that when Larry Smith was practicing law I was in Maine doing time for drunk driving, deadbeat daddery, and putting my wife in the hospital with my cowardly fists.
Is that the best you, got Wawwy Smiff?
Hartsock the Felon

Asheville, NC

#9 Jul 5, 2013
Willard Hartsock just got hired at Thyssenkrupp in Charlotte. Google, call, and verify. I just did.

If you have any special emails or other communications from Hartsock, I'm sure they would be interested in seeing them:

comments at thyssenkrupp.com , with a copy to sales at thyssenkrupp.com
Biggest Miscarriage

Roebuck, SC

#10 Jul 5, 2013
Hey Wawwy, why don't you tell us about you being arrested for molesting Taber Hyde?
Hartsock the Felon

Asheville, NC

#11 Jul 5, 2013
Biggest Miscarriage wrote:
Hey Wawwy, why don't you tell us about you being arrested for molesting Taber Hyde?
Pathological liar Willard Hartsock, why don't you? If it had occurred there would be a record of it. All you have is lying and malicious libel, while the truth damns you:

Arrest records are easy to find and republish, such as this one:

http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate...

which says:

"...Hartsock "hit [his wife] with his hands" and ... she "had to go to the hospital because of the injuries she received."
[See fn #1, USA vs. Willard Leroy Hartsock]
Young Eagles

Roebuck, SC

#12 Jul 5, 2013
Tell us Larry Smith why you were banned from the Young Eagles Program?

Word is you liked touching pee pee's!
Never Happened

Asheville, NC

#13 Jul 5, 2013
Young Eagles wrote:
Tell us Larry Smith why you were banned from the Young Eagles Program?
Word is you liked touching pee pee's!
But Willard Hartsock sure does have an obsession with it. Is that your fantasy life, Willard? People who talk about pe do phil ia all the time are definitely sexual deviates -- subjects in clinical studies of abnormal psychology. So you pegged the meter when you were tested for pederasty. Such a chancre sore on WNC you are. Why don't you go back to Maine where you were hatched.

Dexter Morgan, here's another target for your work clearing away the arch-criminal filth of society. 2521 Old Fort Sugar Hill Rd. Works Thyssenkrupp, Charlotte, NC.

Hey, Willard, you regretting just a little calling Cullen and threatening him? How is that criminal warrant for telephone harassment working for you? HUH? LOL! Did you squeal like a pig again like you did when the LEO's you insulted grabbed you on Chimney Rock, cuffed you from behind, and slammed your ugly carcass into the back of a cruiser? I can hear it now.....

Weeeeeeeeee! Weeeeeeee! Weeeeeeee! <S P L A T !>
Stop Teasing

Roebuck, SC

#14 Jul 5, 2013
Does this mean Willard gets to face Cullen in Court?
I Say Duel

Sherrills Ford, NC

#15 Jul 5, 2013
I say have a duel and hopefully both will fire a shot and both will have a bullets enter there heads at the same moment and we will be rid of two cockroaches. Let us vote on the duel.
Stop Teasing

Roebuck, SC

#16 Jul 5, 2013
Wawwy won't show.
But Dueling Is Illegal

Asheville, NC

#17 Jul 5, 2013
I Say Duel wrote:
I say have a duel and hopefully both will fire a shot and both will have a bullets enter there heads at the same moment and we will be rid of two cockroaches. Let us vote on the duel.
It would be a tribute to Charles Darwin for you to be returned to dust by a bullet. And it would rid us of just one more idiot who can't read or write.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pretty red head at Hardee's on exit 44 3 min Wussy 2
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) Mon ChristineM 151,417
its not about white or black people in these si... Jul 23 Wake up 2
New to area, in search of good Primary care DR ... Jul 22 litile bit 3
creepy stalker Jul 21 vandella 4
I See by the Pappers that Ron Moore In Trouble ... Jul 21 DETAnthony Johnson 14
Good Pain Management Clinic in Asheville? (Jun '11) Jul 20 CMJ 14

Asheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Asheville Mortgages