Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
ben

Greer, SC

#60622 Aug 24, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I have told no lies. Your posts are evidence enough of you hyprocrisy for calling yourself a Christian when you show no concern or compassion for a human who has lost his life in a very tragic and unnecessary way. There is no lie in that. I have no hatred for Wilson and do not wish any harm on him, but at this point I think he made a serious mistake in judgement that he will have to pay for. That is all that I am asking for. You really need to read more about Jesus. I don't think that you really have a clue about his teachings. Maybe if you read more, you would see his teachings, specifically in the area of his compassion for all humanity much more clearly. You owe that to your professed religion and owe it especially to yourself. Most of the time I don't see any of his spirit in you or your friend, Ben. It is all Old Testement religion and not the new covenant that Christ brought. That is just my perception of your posts.
Again telling people how THEY should perceive THIER religion. Don't you think that is between them and their spiritual leader or is that the spot you are wanting to fill? Don't forget to meet at the church.
ben

Greer, SC

#60623 Aug 24, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
One would hope so, but many have a huge racial hurdle to jump first and begin to value all human life and stop seeing a value of one race over the other.
"Racial hurdle"? You two are unbelievable. The comments you two have posted over Zimmerman and Wilson show you are full of crap. Even your reference to each,why is it it is ALWAYS black in the positive light. You never reference black on black, black on white crime. What's that old saying "lead by example". Hypocrites. Until WE ALL FORGET COLOR the divide will remain.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#60624 Aug 24, 2014
Sometimes, there are moments so stark that they have the power to encapsulate an ugly truth in a single frame. This is one such moment:

"At one point tonight, Michael Brown protesters chanted "hands up, don't shoot!"
Darren Wilson supporters responded: "Shoot! Shoot! Shoot!"

And there it is. A nearly all-white crowd chanting to a nearly all-black crowd, "Shoot! Shoot! Shoot!" Contemporary racism encapsulated by an attempt to package it as support for the police, exposed by calls to shoot black men."
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#60625 Aug 24, 2014
ben wrote:
<quoted text>Again telling people how THEY should perceive THIER religion. Don't you think that is between them and their spiritual leader or is that the spot you are wanting to fill? Don't forget to meet at the church.
How do you perceive your religion of Christianity? Why don't you tell us about Jesus and his teachings? I don't think we have ever heard from you on that. Give us your perception.
TSF

Kinston, NC

#60626 Aug 24, 2014
Robert Stowe wrote:
Who in this thread can still defend this jack ass? Even the liberal media have had enough.
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/24/opinion/sun...
Simply outrageous that Obama would play golf when no other president before him has ever played golf. He should fly to Iraq and single handedly defeat ISIS and return in a jet fighter, wearing a flight suit, with a real navy pilot, land on a carrier deck, and declare mission accomplished. Our near miraculous recovery from the republican depression actually took too many years. Obama should have waved his magic wand and fixed the republican economic train wreck instantaneously and , paid off the 10.8 trillion republican national debt with its half trillion yearly interest , The most serious consequence of his golf paying is failure to establish Heaven on Earth out of the hell left by republicans. Indeed, who can defend this behavior?
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#60627 Aug 24, 2014
Bishop writes an article on racism. What was the result?

"Three weeks ago I wrote a column on racism, following the choking-to-death by police of an African-American man, whose “capital” crime was selling cigarettes singly on the street. No piece I have ever written for The Daily Beast has resulted in more responses. Lots of people of color wrote to say:“Welcome to my world.” Lots of white people wrote to call me every name in the book, attacking me personally as an idiot and a reverse-racist, but—and this important—never actually offering a counter argument to the observations I was making."

The Rt. Rev. V. Gene Robinson is a Senior Fellow at the Center for American Progress, Washington, DC, and the IX Episcopal Bishop of New Hampshire. http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08...
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#60628 Aug 24, 2014
Obama Drafted to Fight Bush's War

Let’s remember who got us into this mess in Iraq, despite plenty of warnings—from Republicans, even—that this is where it would all lead us. Blame Bush? In this case, absolutely.
A picture is coming into focus now, is it not? As I write the United States has launched more than 80 air strikes against the Islamic State. As the strikes have already expanded—and in my view properly so—beyond the original goals of saving the Yazidis and protecting American people and property in Erbil, there’s no clear telling of where and when they will end.

So let me run this depressing thought by you: They have every chance of ending with Barack Obama, and undoubtedly his successor as well, having to prosecute the war that George W. Bush and his geniuses made inevitable with their lies and errors and perversions of law and criminally irresponsible fantasies about this Iraq that they promised us would reveal itself before our eyes as painlessly and quickly and even beautifully as a rose coming to bloom in time-lapse photography.

Conservative readers are already tweeting: Here we go, blame Bush again. Well, in a word, yes. I’m afraid these dots are preposterously easy to connect. But first, we have a date with the wayback machine.

I have been looking back over a few predictions about the Iraq War from back in 2002 and 2003. Recall Dick Cheney:“Weeks rather than months.” Also “we will be greeted as liberators.” Paul Wolfowitz:“There's a lot of money to pay for this. It doesn't have to be U.S. taxpayer money. We are dealing with a country that can really finance its own reconstruction, and relatively soon.” Wolfowitz again, since he was to my mind the most Satanic of the bunch:“It's hard to conceive that it would take more forces to provide stability in post-Saddam Iraq than it would take to conduct the war itself and to secure the surrender of Saddam's security forces and his army. Hard to imagine.”
[....]

How can things have reached this point of tragic inescapability? For a hundred reasons. But they started in the first place for one reason: We made war in Iraq, and we made it dishonestly and frivolously and stupidly."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08...
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#60629 Aug 24, 2014
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
Simply outrageous that Obama would play golf when no other president before him has ever played golf. He should fly to Iraq and single handedly defeat ISIS and return in a jet fighter, wearing a flight suit, with a real navy pilot, land on a carrier deck, and declare mission accomplished. Our near miraculous recovery from the republican depression actually took too many years. Obama should have waved his magic wand and fixed the republican economic train wreck instantaneously and , paid off the 10.8 trillion republican national debt with its half trillion yearly interest , The most serious consequence of his golf paying is failure to establish Heaven on Earth out of the hell left by republicans. Indeed, who can defend this behavior?
On NPR: "According to a tally kept by CBS News reporter Mark Knoller, Obama will have spent a total of 140 days on vacation by the time he returns to Washington on Sunday. By comparison, George W. Bush had taken nearly three times as much vacation at the same point in his term."

The guy who caused all the messes that the wingers whine that Obama should clean up, took THREE times the number of vacation days as Obama at this point.

Too bad Bush didn't spend his ENTIRE presidency on vacation. President Obama would have less of a mess to clean up.
hole in the wall

Baltimore, MD

#60630 Aug 24, 2014
Victoria wrote:
Sometimes, there are moments so stark that they have the power to encapsulate an ugly truth in a single frame. This is one such moment:
"At one point tonight, Michael Brown protesters chanted "hands up, don't shoot!"
Darren Wilson supporters responded: "Shoot! Shoot! Shoot!"
And there it is. A nearly all-white crowd chanting to a nearly all-black crowd, "Shoot! Shoot! Shoot!" Contemporary racism encapsulated by an attempt to package it as support for the police, exposed by calls to shoot black men."
There are a lot of black leaders who would disagree with you.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#60631 Aug 24, 2014
Someone on here (who shall remain nameless) whines that in the cases of Zimmerman & Wilson those of us who don't agree with the white RW masses are only looking at these cases based on race, i.e., we are supporting only the black individual in each case.

I wish to point out that we are not supporting the VICTIMS in these cases based on their race. We are supporting the VICTIMS in those cases because of the LACK OF JUSTICE for those victims. Zimmerman was allowed to walk free that night. No charges. No questions asked. He just killed a young man & told the police his side of the story. The police accepted it & Zimmerman walked free that night. It wasn't until weeks later, after great public outcry, that any questions were ever asked.

If that had been a WHITE boy killed that night by a black wannabe cop, there is no way that black wannabe cop would have went home that night. There isn't any way that no investigation would have followed.

So it is UNTRUE that we think the way we do based on RACE. We think the way we do based on the LACK OF FAIRNESS & the LACK of JUSTICE which was obvious in both cases.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#60632 Aug 24, 2014
hole in the wall wrote:
<quoted text>
There are a lot of black leaders who would disagree with you.
I told you about a situation that occurred. It isn't anything that anyone can agree or disagree with. It happened. It is documented. It is reality.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#60633 Aug 24, 2014
I have read one "straight" article on google about the shooting in Utah. The rest of the articles are on heavy Right wing sources. Here is what the article (from the tv news station) said and was accompanied by a video. Cops were called to a 7 eleven where there were reports of a man waiving a gun. When police arrived, 3 subjects were commanded to go to the ground. Two did and the victim, Dillon Taylor did not and was walking away. He not only disobey the police command, but was reaching down into his pants and the police thought he was going for a gun (since this was a gun waiving call). When he was shot, no gun was found on the victim. Details have not been made available at this time by the police department (just as with Darren Wilson) as this is currently being investigated. Dillon, 20 years old, has a criminal history although no details of it have been released. Now, here is my take. There is no difference in this case as with Darren Wilson except the race of the officers are different, and if this black officer is found guilty in a court of law for shooting an unarmed man without probable cause, and could have detained the person in another way and is convicted and sentenced appropriately, then justice will be served. Let's hear Waco and Ben defend this black officers actions, as the victim had a criminal history and the officer was dealing with a criminal, or is it the black/white issue that motivates their choices? Let's hear it.
ben

Greer, SC

#60634 Aug 24, 2014
State of Florida wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you perceive your religion of Christianity? Why don't you tell us about Jesus and his teachings? I don't think we have ever heard from you on that. Give us your perception.
Are you at church yet?...As I said before my religion is my business. I don't get drawn into that ANCIENT debate. I believe it causes more problems than it solves. Hence your lie to Mr Waco about putting your rear end in his church, then telling the congregation where they are going wrong. BTW, how is that "religious war" Obama is fighting "from the air" going for ya? Tell us again how THAT is Bush's fault.
Franklin

Franklin, NC

#60635 Aug 24, 2014
Victoria wrote:
Erick Erickson, Right Wing blogger, sees the same hypocrisy in the religious right as we do.
Perhaps Erick Erickson, of RedState, will experience an awakening like Glenn Beck's. And RED state will become BLUE state.:)
~~~~~~~~~~
Erick Erickson Admits Redstaters Don't Show Christian Values - Flames Ensue
Conservative cruelty is weighing heavily on Erick's head these days
Redstate Erick Erickson has been taking unusually coherent stances on several issues of late and the front pagers as a group have been coming down very hard on the Ferguson police actions. However, a diary posted today seems to be a much broader manifesto against the Mean, the Bigoted and the Stupid who have certainly taken hold of Erickson's party of choice.
From Erick Erickson:
"In the past several months there have been three incidents that have solidified for me that my faith and my politics are starting to collide.[....] I see a dangerous trend within the mix of unfortunate shrillness and hostility. That trend is playing out in the comments here at RedState and on social media"
Okay, so this fellow is very slow on the uptake but he certainly is right. If he wrote this in 1994 he might even deserve something. Also it would appear that fear of going to Hell may be his primary motivation but hey, whatever it takes.[....]
Erick Erickson:
"[On the issue of] bringing Dr. Brantly and his co-worker back to the United States. The number of angry calls into my radio program from well meaning conservatives, comments across social media, opinion columns, agreement thereto, etc. really boggled my mind.
"[On the issue of] the present situation in Ferguson, MO. The rush to win a fight and lay blame instead of mourning a loss and praying for a situation just leaves me perplexed. The rush to “change the narrative” with bad facts to replace bad facts by some folks who keep the ichthys (Jesus fish) on their car unsettles me."[...]
- This is very much faith based. Erickson has been writing a lot of really heavy handed, come to Jesus (literally) stuff this year making me think he is suffering from a genuine crisis of conscious.
We understand the hypocrisy of the religious right. Whatever your theological opinion we can all agree that Jesus dismissed the rich, the powerful, the warmongers while ministering to the poor, the ill and the meek. Yet evangelical Christians dominate a party that demonizes charity, empathy and forgiveness while pandering to the powerful and the intolerant. "Meek" is a pejorative right up there with "pussy" and "french" to today's Republican.
Late at night, when he can't sleep methinks Mr. Erickson may be haunted by his conscience. Plagued by his choices, he is looking for redemption just like Jerry McGuire, who CC'd his entire firm a values based mission statement after a particularly shameful night of douchebaggery. Judging by the comments to his mission statement, EE may receive equally shabby payback....
Hmmm. Good post.
nameless

Greer, SC

#60636 Aug 24, 2014
Victoria wrote:
Someone on here (who shall remain nameless) whines that in the cases of Zimmerman & Wilson those of us who don't agree with the white RW masses are only looking at these cases based on race, i.e., we are supporting only the black individual in each case.
I wish to point out that we are not supporting the VICTIMS in these cases based on their race. We are supporting the VICTIMS in those cases because of the LACK OF JUSTICE for those victims. Zimmerman was allowed to walk free that night. No charges. No questions asked. He just killed a young man & told the police his side of the story. The police accepted it & Zimmerman walked free that night. It wasn't until weeks later, after great public outcry, that any questions were ever asked.
If that had been a WHITE boy killed that night by a black wannabe cop, there is no way that black wannabe cop would have went home that night. There isn't any way that no investigation would have followed.
So it is UNTRUE that we think the way we do based on RACE. We think the way we do based on the LACK OF FAIRNESS & the LACK of JUSTICE which was obvious in both cases.
Just like the white guy killed by the black cop. Here we go again.....it never stops with you people.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#60637 Aug 24, 2014
nameless wrote:
<quoted text>Just like the white guy killed by the black cop. Here we go again.....it never stops with you people.
I explain it's about justice & not race and you come back with another example of the Right's fixation on race. Amazing.
Victoria

Fleetwood, NC

#60638 Aug 24, 2014
ben wrote:
<quoted text>BTW, how is that "religious war" Obama is fighting "from the air" going for ya? Tell us again how THAT is Bush's fault.
President Obama isn't fighting a religious war. He is fighting a war to protect innocent people. It is only a religious war in the minds of the terrorists.

For anyone who condemns President Obama for his 'air war', I suggest that you imagine what the only alternative would be.

Yes, the entire mess is Bush's fault. Even intelligent Republicans know that.
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#60639 Aug 24, 2014
ben wrote:
<quoted text>Are you at church yet?...As I said before my religion is my business. I don't get drawn into that ANCIENT debate. I believe it causes more problems than it solves. Hence your lie to Mr Waco about putting your rear end in his church, then telling the congregation where they are going wrong. BTW, how is that "religious war" Obama is fighting "from the air" going for ya? Tell us again how THAT is Bush's fault.
Nice excuse. If you really believed in something then you would openly discuss it, especially if it pertains to salvation, so I just don't buy your flimsy excuse. Mr. Waco said that he does not go to church and I should know the reason why. It is probably his inability to get around without assistance that prevents him. I didn't say I would tell a congregation where the are going "wrong". I said that I would like to tell them my perception of Jesus and how his teachings of compassion to all people are not being followed by many people who claim them as their savior. We all know that I would not be allowed to speak to the congregation. I have asked many preachers and not one has taken me up on the offer. You have refused me to come to your church, so I would assume that you care nothing about my soul's destination. Would that be true?
State of Florida

Taylorsville, NC

#60640 Aug 24, 2014
Victoria wrote:
<quoted text>
I explain it's about justice & not race and you come back with another example of the Right's fixation on race. Amazing.
"Nameless" needs to change their name to "Many names". Isn't it strange how all these mysterious RWer jump in to comment? LOL. Their game is just too hilariously obvious.
nameless

Greer, SC

#60641 Aug 24, 2014
What do guys think of just supplying weapons and "support" to combat the religious war in Iraq?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 15 hr scientia potentia... 151,419
Big Feast of Plump Lawyers and Judges at Pisgah... (May '13) 23 hr Cindy 16
Transgender Restrooms Tue Shammon 23
More On Asheville Oneness Deeksha The Cult Tue Shammon 5
I Am Being Sexually Harrassed at Asheville Onen... Tue Shammon 1
Pretty red head at Hardee's on exit 44 Tue Maintance man 3
its not about white or black people in these si... Jul 23 Wake up 2

Asheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Asheville Mortgages