“physics is your friend”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#45437 Dec 10, 2013
That one was for you State.Just to let you know, we're all in this together! Spot it?

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45438 Dec 10, 2013
I could use some Kool-Aid myself, preferably spiked.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45439 Dec 11, 2013
Volunteer fire depts.(they work for free) that have more than fifty fire fighters, will be required to pay for health care.This means many small communities will simply no longer have fire depts.Thanks Obamacare!
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#45440 Dec 11, 2013
The senate and house still have to vote on that deal. Hopefully it will pass. It was supposed to have been done years ago. The republican house has voted 39 times to end Obamacare and we still have it. Now after years, they finally get down to their most basic function, passing a budget. Notice that with all the cuts, there have been NO cuts to federal employees . Coincidentally, congressmen are considered federal employees.
waco1909 wrote:
TSF your much-maligned Congress just arrived at a budget deal (bipartisan!) to end any possibility of a govt.shutdown, at least according to another poster here, and they are just announcing it on CNN. WHO spiked the kool-ade?
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#45441 Dec 11, 2013
Expel volunteers until they are down to 49. Fire dept. saved. Community is safe. Menace of Obamacare avoided. Start campaign to get congress to change or amend the law. Problem solved.
waco1909 wrote:
Volunteer fire depts.(they work for free) that have more than fifty fire fighters, will be required to pay for health care.This means many small communities will simply no longer have fire depts.Thanks Obamacare!
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#45442 Dec 11, 2013
TSF wrote:
That's real strange since Obamacare doesn't even take effect until Jan 1 2014. Do you make this shit up or just hear something and repeat it? I know you could think better than this when you were young. You should see a doctor and have your blood oxygen content checked.
<quoted text>
The truth hurts, doesn't it? You put a loser in the White House. Now the country is paying for it.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#45443 Dec 11, 2013
TSF wrote:
I do not think we should provide insurance coverage for illegals at all. I do not think we should provide welfare to the rich either. The goals of Obamacare are commendable but the planning and implementation of it stinks. With cooperation and expertise in our congress, it could have been a smooth transition without all the collateral damage. Republikans want an underclass of persons who cannot have medical attention, therefore all the obstruction and refusal to offer alternate plans or even improvements. Their only goal has been the destruction of Obamacare and they have come close to that achievement. That is why our present congress has achieved nothing. It is the worst congress in the history of the USA in terms of achievement and in terms of petty vindictiveness. I blame republikans as much for our insurance problems as I blame Obamacare.
<quoted text>
I blame communist minded people like you for dragging this country into the dirt. People who hate freedom. Freeloaders looking to ride on the backs of working Americans.
Taxpayer

Point Harbor, NC

#45444 Dec 11, 2013
Cyber Ghost wrote:
Bipartisan Budget Breakthrough.....to prevent govt.shutdown....to reduce spending over ten years, without raising taxes...how'd that happen?
How easy is it to fool people. Blanket and beads and they can steal the food off your families plate and people will thank them for it.
They have not come to any breakthrough only away to con ignorant people.
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#45445 Dec 11, 2013
"Michelle Obama, Barack Switch Seats After Mandela Funeral 'Selfie'" "Obama creates international incident with 'selfie' at Mandela service" " RedState.com 's Erick Erickson tweeted: "Thank you Mrs. Obama for knowing how to behave at a funeral." "The first lady's reaction -- not just to the "selfie" but to her husband's chatting and joking with the young Danish prime minister -- was priceless. In one picture, Michelle Obama could be seen glaring over at him while he put his hand on Ms. Thorning-Schmidt's shoulder.

In another, it appeared the first lady and the president switched seats, putting Michelle squarely between him and the PM." "The "selfie" incident was the second unexpected controversy stirred up by the president in South Africa. Earlier, Cuban-American lawmakers publicly objected after Obama -- on his way to deliver his tribute to Mandela -- shook the hand of Raul Castro." What an outstanding diplomat. Image is everything these days right?
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#45446 Dec 11, 2013
http://www.iol.co.za/news/politics/mandela-me... Not as "peaceful" as western media presented.
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#45447 Dec 11, 2013
The truth? You wouldn't know the truth if it bit you in the posterior.
You are caught flat footed spreading lies and want to talk about the truth? Give me a break.
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth hurts, doesn't it? You put a loser in the White House. Now the country is paying for it.
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#45448 Dec 11, 2013
Commies could not possibly have the horrible detrimental effect that republican stupidity has brought.
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
I blame communist minded people like you for dragging this country into the dirt. People who hate freedom. Freeloaders looking to ride on the backs of working Americans.
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#45449 Dec 11, 2013
Art Pope sent Dan Souchek to propaganda school training in preparation for sending him out to try to mitigate the damage republikans have done to their image in NC with their attack on pubic education. It isn't working. Last night in Deep Gap, Mr. Soucek got roasted Soucek gave the crowd even more reason to be angry by breaking the open meeting law by banning pictures and video recordings. Soucek, the one breaking the law, had people ejected from the meeting by Watauga deputies because they refused to accept his line of BS . People have every right to be angry . Slash and burning our children's education in order to give tax breaks to the rich is not a plan for future prosperity. There is just no way to put a good face on that despicable act.

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45450 Dec 11, 2013
TSF wrote:
Expel volunteers until they are down to 49. Fire dept. saved. Community is safe. Menace of Obamacare avoided. Start campaign to get congress to change or amend the law. Problem solved.
<quoted text>
So,, if they have a dept of 88, drop it to 49! The day is saved!(unless there's a fire!).
Ben

Lenoir, NC

#45451 Dec 11, 2013
TSF wrote:
Art Pope sent Dan Souchek to propaganda school training in preparation for sending him out to try to mitigate the damage republikans have done to their image in NC with their attack on pubic education. It isn't working. Last night in Deep Gap, Mr. Soucek got roasted Soucek gave the crowd even more reason to be angry by breaking the open meeting law by banning pictures and video recordings. Soucek, the one breaking the law, had people ejected from the meeting by Watauga deputies because they refused to accept his line of BS . People have every right to be angry . Slash and burning our children's education in order to give tax breaks to the rich is not a plan for future prosperity. There is just no way to put a good face on that despicable act.
What happened to Obamacare?? Everybody just kinda swept it outta sight. Figures.
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#45452 Dec 11, 2013
Break it into two depts.
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> So,, if they have a dept of 88, drop it to 49! The day is saved!(unless there's a fire!).
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#45453 Dec 11, 2013
Looks like Obamacare is finally building steam. According to radio news today, over 250,000 have signed on this month in 36 states.. It is far short of the original goals, but with the site now supposedly being able to handle 800,000 per day, the 7 million enrollment by May looks possible.
The most horrible ,disastrous, teeth gnashing, garment renting doomsday scenario for republikans would be that Obamacare ends up working and eliminates the underclass of persons who cannot get medical treatment. Wouldn't that just be an absolute disaster.
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>What happened to Obamacare?? Everybody just kinda swept it outta sight. Figures.
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#45454 Dec 11, 2013
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 48% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Obama's job performance. Fifty-one percent (51%) disapprove (see trends).

The latest figures include 24% who Strongly Approve of the way Obama is performing as president and 41% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -17.

This is the presidentís best job approval rating since early November after several weeks of earning the worst daily ratings of his presidency.

Uhh Oh. With Obama making a comeback and republikans approving a budget, another shut down will not be possible for a while. Looks like republikans may even forced into being FOR something and coming up with plan of their own. Recognition for something other than being stupid will not be easily achieved.
TSF

Holly Springs, NC

#45455 Dec 11, 2013
Shaking hands with a communist leader at an occasion representing
healing of broken relationships and brotherhood among men. The republican question: How the hell does that promote more tax breaks for the rich? Go figure.
Ben wrote:
"Michelle Obama, Barack Switch Seats After Mandela Funeral 'Selfie'" "Obama creates international incident with 'selfie' at Mandela service" " RedState.com 's Erick Erickson tweeted: "Thank you Mrs. Obama for knowing how to behave at a funeral." "The first lady's reaction -- not just to the "selfie" but to her husband's chatting and joking with the young Danish prime minister -- was priceless. In one picture, Michelle Obama could be seen glaring over at him while he put his hand on Ms. Thorning-Schmidt's shoulder.
In another, it appeared the first lady and the president switched seats, putting Michelle squarely between him and the PM." "The "selfie" incident was the second unexpected controversy stirred up by the president in South Africa. Earlier, Cuban-American lawmakers publicly objected after Obama -- on his way to deliver his tribute to Mandela -- shook the hand of Raul Castro." What an outstanding diplomat. Image is everything these days right?

“physics is your friend”

Location hidden

#45456 Dec 11, 2013
Why was Mandela special? Mandela....could see the humanity in his enemies...he had the ability to change his enemies...that's genius folks.Certainly, I've never seen anything like that.i admire few people.Mandela was one of them.A true original. I Recall Stephen Biko, and Medgar Evrers in America.the Jewish kids who went to Mississippi and were killed, as portrayed in Mississippi Burning,i don't recall their names.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 39 min Chimney1 139,377
Bothwell Pleads Guilty In DWI Case 2 hr Yuok 2
Chief pulls police reaccreditation bid 2 hr Bad 3
BOTHWELL CONVICTED Of D.W.I. 6 hr Realson 3
Praying around a pole OK, but flagwaving not OK 10 hr ApePeeD 3
Streets of Ferguson smolder 10 hr ApePeeD 2
Barack Obama & Larry Sinclair: Cocaine, Sex, Li... (Nov '13) 11 hr Curious 87
Asheville Dating
Find my Match

Asheville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Asheville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Asheville