Asheville man arrested for statutory rape

Sep 29, 2010 Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times 1,125

Joshua Neal King, 24, of Asheville, was arrested Wednesday by the Buncombe County Sheriff's Office.

Full Story
First Prev
of 57
Next Last
karma_monger

United States

#1 Oct 1, 2010
It's been proven that sex offenders, especially pedophiles will rape another victim if given the chance. This guy should get the Max sentence!
Mamaw6

Pelzer, SC

#3 Oct 23, 2010
I know this man and I think he has been falsely accused.
karma_monger

United States

#4 Oct 24, 2010
Mamaw6 wrote:
I know this man and I think he has been falsely accused.
I know the child, the DSS worker, and the DA. Josh King admitted to waking up on top of her after a night of drinking. If there wasn't a case against him he wouldn't have been indicted. The mother has also been charged with neglect and had her other children removed from her custody. You don't really know this person like his victim does, now do you?
karma_monger

United States

#5 Oct 24, 2010
September 7th's post at the link below is particularly telling as to the quality of these people. As is the updated list of her children in her Info.

http://www.facebook.com/... #!/profile.php?id=100000785208 568&v=wall
karma_monger

United States

#6 Oct 24, 2010
Mamaw6 wrote:
I know this man and I think he has been falsely accused.
Before you publish over the Internet that you believe a child is lying about being raped, you should reflect on your morals a little longer, Mamaw. As I first posted, I pray to God every day that the judge in this case administers maximum punishment.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#7 Oct 24, 2010
You Karma have already judged,convicted and buried Josh before you get or have all the facts. I did not say the "child" has lied about being raped.
You leave my morals out of it. I didn't immediatly jump to conclusions as you did.
Do you even know anyone in this family?
If not then save your judgement until all the facts are out in the open.
You can have all the opinions you want but don't be messing with mine.
Before "YOU" plaster all over the internet that the man should get the maximum before his day in court-you maybe should be looking into you own morals!
karma_monger

United States

#8 Oct 24, 2010
Mamaw6 wrote:
You Karma have already judged,convicted and buried Josh before you get or have all the facts. I did not say the "child" has lied about being raped.
You leave my morals out of it. I didn't immediatly jump to conclusions as you did.
Do you even know anyone in this family?
If not then save your judgement until all the facts are out in the open.
You can have all the opinions you want but don't be messing with mine.
Before "YOU" plaster all over the internet that the man should get the maximum before his day in court-you maybe should be looking into you own morals!
How do you know that I immediately jumped to conclusions, Mamaw? I do actually know someone in the family, I, MYSELF am immediate family of the victim. The facts have led to lie detector tests and Josh King's arrest. I think that result speaks to the veracity of the accusation.

If you're not saying the child is lying about being raped, then what is a false accusation?

No length of time behind bars can give back what he stole from a little girl. She will be suffering because of this for the rest of HER life!

P.S. How exactly does one "mess with" another's opinions? Just curious.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#9 Oct 25, 2010
Why can I not make a comment without being bashed upon????? Just because my comment was not what you may think?
It's suppose to be a discussion.
karma_monger

United States

#10 Oct 25, 2010
Mamaw6 wrote:
Why can I not make a comment without being bashed upon????? Just because my comment was not what you may think?
It's suppose to be a discussion.
Don't publish your opinion if you don't want it critiqued. You try drying the tears of a thirteen year old girl because her stepfather put his penis in her vagina and stole her virginity, and see how much "discussion" you'd be interested in having with someone defending the rapist.
karma_monger

Hendersonville, NC

#11 Jun 14, 2011
Update for those who think Josh is innocent; he's now been indicted on another count of statutory rape and a count of indecent liberties with a minor. The DA is doing a great job with this one! 3 felonies, prison time as a child molester, and a life-long label of sex offender...sounds like justice to me! King will soon be off the streets for a long,long time!
zumbaqueen

Greenville, SC

#12 Jun 15, 2011
people need to get there fax straight before they go to judging anyone especiaaly josh hes not done anything wrong just falsely accussed of something any girl can say about a guy and get by with it. everything has to be proved.innocent intill proven guilty.
zumbaqueen

Greenville, SC

#13 Jun 15, 2011
the lord is gonna help josh cause he knows hes not a bad person like some people thinks he is.
karma_monger

Hendersonville, NC

#14 Jun 25, 2011
Joshua Neal King goes to Superior Court on one statutory rape charge and one indecent liberties with a child charge on Monday, June 27th. He has another court date on July 21st in Superior Court for a second charge of rape. Those are the "fax" (facts.)That's 3 violent felonies. If he's found guilty on the first two it is possible he will be charged with Habitual Violent Offender and the sentence that carries is Life in Prison Without Parole. Facts, Justice, America! He better cop a plea or learn the meaning of "check-off artist" real soon. Not to mention the fun he and his family have in store them when he's a Registered Sex Offender. Check back for more "fax", zumbaqueen.
Mamaw6

Candler, NC

#15 Jun 25, 2011
You go zumbaqueen!!!
The sad thing is that when Josh get his day in court and is found innocent of all charges this will still follow him around from now on. Damage has already been done.

Zumbaqueen-thanks for not jumping to conclusions. As you said-he has to be proven guilty and he has to prove he's innocent.The last thing we need is a "witch hunt"!
If he "is" guilty then prison is where he needs to be-and I will be the first to admit that as I can't stand for any man to do the things Josh has been accused of. I've known Josh since he was a baby and I really think all the facts have yet to come out.
karma_monger

Hendersonville, NC

#16 Jun 25, 2011
The problem with your position, Mamaw and zumbaqueen, is that you yourselves are jumping to conclusions by saying Josh been falsely accused and is innocent. Bit hypocritical, no?
karma_monger

Fletcher, NC

#17 Jun 26, 2011
It seems the state believes their case is so strong that a plea may not even be accepted.

It's a shame Josh didn't fess up to the first rape charge before more evidence was found and the Superior Court indicted him on two more felonies. He could have saved his family a lot of heart ache and money.

But back to the real issue, the child victim of Josh King. No amount of suffering on his and his family's part can heal HER wounds. Anyone that would blame a 13 year old girl is a sick person, particularly if you're a mother and claim to be Christian. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
Mamaw6

Candler, NC

#18 Jun 26, 2011
I have to limit what I say as I know a little more then what you think I do. I don't want to say anything that could hurt either one of their cases because I want the "COURTS" to decide Josh's fate! Not you or me!!! True Christians do not have to tell anyone that they are a Christian. It's not what comes out of your mouth that decides-it's the way you live your life and the way you treat other people/animals,etc."DO NOT" tell me I should be ashamed of myself. There you go again-making judgements before all the facts are in. Another thing is that you are making it sound like Josh has been charged with a whole different rape charge of another person. This is not the case at all. People that live in glass houses should not throw stones.Oh-and here's another one-Judge not-les you be judged!!!
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
karma_monger

Fletcher, NC

#19 Jun 27, 2011
Mamaw6, I make no pretense to know what goes on in your head. The only thing I said about what you know is that you don't know Josh King like his victim does.(Please correct me if Josh raped you too.) I do know that the Superior Court had to review the evidence from BOTH sides before it indicted Josh King on the indecent liberties and second rape charges. Nowhere did I suggest that the rape was of another girl. It was a pattern of ongoing abuse of a child living in his home.

If you believe that what you say has nothing to do with being a Christian, then I understand how you can say a child is lying about molestation and still live with yourself. If you are "doing unto others" you are setting up your grandchildren for the same treatment.

Regarding "glass houses", do you know what that phrase means? The way you used it implies that I'm a rapist! I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're just ignorant and not actually accusing me of rape.

I would love to see this go to trial so the punishment would be the maximum, but taking a plea is an ADMISSION OF GUILT. Once the continuances run out the truth will come to light.
Mamaw6

Candler, NC

#20 Jun 27, 2011
You turn things around to your advantage. Word player. You know "NOTHING" about me or my family,grandchildren or the way they have been and are being raised. You take the discussions of others and turn their words around to your advantage.(or at least try to) I know from the way you speak to me and zumbaqueen that you are an aggressive person.There's no wonder nobody else on here will try to have a discussion about this event because you seem to think that the Topix forum is for only those that fully agree with your opinion and no one else has the right to speak.(Well we all know what opinions are.) You are not doing anything on here but putting us down. I have lost interest in you! Talk to the hand !!!
Mamaw6

Candler, NC

#21 Jun 27, 2011
karma_monger wrote:
Mamaw6, I make no pretense to know what goes on in your head. The only thing I said about what you know is that you don't know Josh King like his victim does.(Please correct me if Josh raped you too.) I do know that the Superior Court had to review the evidence from BOTH sides before it indicted Josh King on the indecent liberties and second rape charges. Nowhere did I suggest that the rape was of another girl. It was a pattern of ongoing abuse of a child living in his home.
If you believe that what you say has nothing to do with being a Christian, then I understand how you can say a child is lying about molestation and still live with yourself. If you are "doing unto others" you are setting up your grandchildren for the same treatment.
Regarding "glass houses", do you know what that phrase means? The way you used it implies that I'm a rapist! I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you're just ignorant and not actually accusing me of rape.
I would love to see this go to trial so the punishment would be the maximum, but taking a plea is an ADMISSION OF GUILT. Once the continuances run out the truth will come to light.
Yes I know what "glass houses" mean. In this case I was referring to you calling us ignorant,making references about my morals,making references to how my grandkids are being raised,posting a link to my Facebook page,etc.Those are the rocks you are throwing.Uh-DUH! I said nothing about you being a rapist! I also did not say that what "I" say does not mean I'm not a Christian. I said that if you're a Christian then we will all know that by your actions not because you tell us you are! You are the one that brought the Christians into this (conversation).I know Josh King just as well as you! Only the child and Josh really know what happened and I don't think the whole truth has been told. I don't care if you agree with me or not! I do agree things should not have happened to get Josh to this place in his life but I would like to see what some one else (the court) has to say.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 57
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) 2 hr Denisova 140,950
St. Matthew's Anglican Church moves into 105-ye... (Feb '08) 5 hr Darkwing 4
READY For HILLARY 2016 7 hr CHILDISH TAUNTS 17
Name 3 reasons why Asheville sucks (Jul '11) 10 hr Myrt 24
FOX NEWS TELLS THE TRUTH. CNN NBC CBS MSNBC LIE... (Sep '10) 22 hr CULLEN OLD FART A... 258
ISLAM IS a GUTTER RELIGION AND MOHAMMED IS A PH... (Oct '12) Fri Moses Noses 52
Can the damage that Obama and his communist sup... (Jul '10) Fri Donna WalkingOaks 6
Asheville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Asheville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:05 am PST

NFL11:05AM
Atlanta Falcons release veteran guard Justin Blalock
Bleacher Report11:26 AM
Bears, Steelers Among Top Spots for FA RB Jackson
NBC Sports 2:32 PM
Falcons waive Jonathan Massaquoi
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
NFL Draft 2015: 1st-Round Mock Draft and Top Potential Mid-Round Steals
NFL 6:49 AM
Dan Quinn wants Sean Weatherspoon back on Falcons