We Dined at the Himalayan Restaurant

We Dined at the Himalayan Restaurant

Posted in the Asheville Forum

Kathmandu Cuisine

Asheville, NC

#1 Nov 18, 2012
The experience was a success, but take $50 with you for yourself and another $50 for your friend if you plan to imbibe while you eat. That will also cover a 20% tip, but just barely.

I feasted on broiled yeti from the clay oven and high country saffron rice, and my friend dined on a concoction of curry yogurt and bean curds, which she proclaimed to be scrumptious. The entrees came in due course after we heartily devoured tasty appetizer bread chips with a spicy dip that was bright neon green and looked like it might even glow in the dark. We tossed down some great organic beers, and the more we drank those beers, the better our Tibetan waitress looked. After the third beer we both agreed she was an aesthetic delight with a fleshy glow, though sometimes hard to find.

After we had concluded the main festivity, I got into a fight with my sweet tooth and it won. So I ordered the Kathmandu sweet specialty, and our luscious waitress brought me yak nuts swimming in a special sweet cinnamonny sauce. At first I hesitated, but after all those beers, and the convivial crowd around us, and our voluptuous plump waitress for our eyes to gaze upon, I thought, "Well, why not?"

So I plunged in, remembering the words of our Lord when he commanded one of his hesitant disciples nervously contemplating the eating of a forbidden food. "Rise Peter, kill and eat," our Lord said. And Peter did as he was told.

So I rose, killed, and ate those quivering yak balls, each and every one of them. It is rumored they are wonderful long-lasting aphrodisiacs. So I will follow this report up with another, if that is so. I will observe at least this to the curious reader: That I dreamt of our plump and supple Tibetan waitress and woke up in the middle of the night grinning.
Huh

Asheville, NC

#2 Nov 19, 2012
No Yak butter tea?

lunch there is MUCH cheaper
Interesting

United States

#3 Nov 19, 2012
Larry Deadbeat Taxpayer Smith wrote:
The experience was a success, but take $50 with you for yourself and another $50 for your friend if you plan to imbibe while you eat. That will also cover a 20% tip, but just barely.
I feasted on broiled yeti from the clay oven and high country saffron rice, and my friend dined on a concoction of curry yogurt and bean curds, which she proclaimed to be scrumptious. The entrees came in due course after we heartily devoured tasty appetizer bread chips with a spicy dip that was bright neon green and looked like it might even glow in the dark. We tossed down some great organic beers, and the more we drank those beers, the better our Tibetan waitress looked. After the third beer we both agreed she was an aesthetic delight with a fleshy glow, though sometimes hard to find.
After we had concluded the main festivity, I got into a fight with my sweet tooth and it won. So I ordered the Kathmandu sweet specialty, and our luscious waitress brought me yak nuts swimming in a special sweet cinnamonny sauce. At first I hesitated, but after all those beers, and the convivial crowd around us, and our voluptuous plump waitress for our eyes to gaze upon, I thought, "Well, why not?"
So I plunged in, remembering the words of our Lord when he commanded one of his hesitant disciples nervously contemplating the eating of a forbidden food. "Rise Peter, kill and eat," our Lord said. And Peter did as he was told.
So I rose, killed, and ate those quivering yak balls, each and every one of them. It is rumored they are wonderful long-lasting aphrodisiacs. So I will follow this report up with another, if that is so. I will observe at least this to the curious reader: That I dreamt of our plump and supple Tibetan waitress and woke up in the middle of the night grinning.
You already have a taste for balls and you haven't been to jail yet, oh yeah, I forgot about that year you did in Federal Prison for Tax evasion, you know, the stint that caused you to get suspended, expelled and disbarred from the NC Bar?
So, I guess balls are an acquired taste Buncy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Asheville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: The Chocolate Fetish (Feb '13) 1 hr Skunk 26
Hey Fairview Self Storage Depot! (Sep '15) 1 hr Local 10
H Clinton Demands USA Take 65,000 Muslim Refugees 8 hr Marvin 4-Wives Pope 11
New Polissy at Ingles 8 hr Alan Thornburg 13
Alert **** accused sexual predator 9 hr Brian Hartsock 3
News WNC sees unease over corporal punishment (Apr '08) 14 hr Perv Hid In Lift 207
News It's the Darwin crowd that lacks the facts in e... (Mar '09) Sun Dogen 151,492

Asheville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Asheville Mortgages